How do you rewrite this sentence?
What is the difference between "so" and "um ... zu"?
Both connectors can be used to express an intention. My intention is my motivation, my goal, why I do something ”!
"With it" vs. "around ... to"?When do I use "with it" and when do I use "to ... to"?
in order to
You have to use “with” when the subject is in the main clause and the subject is in the subordinate clause Not are identical.
I learn five new words every day. My vocabulary grows fast.
I learn five new words every day with it my vocabulary growing rapidly.
The man quietly closes the door. His children can sleep.
The man quietly close the door with it his children be able to sleep.
"in order to"
If the subject is in the main clause and the subject is in the subordinate clause identical are, one uses "to ... to".
I study two hours a day. I get a good grade.
I study two hours a day to get a good grade.
The man do sport. He relaxes in the process.
The man does sport to relax.
"Um ... zu" for separable verbs
Be careful with separable verbs. Here the “zu” “slips” between the prefix and the stem of the verb!
The woman hurries. you buys still in the supermarket a.
The woman hurries to still be in the supermarket shopping.
Every “around… to” sentence can also be formed with “with it”. The "um ... zu" variant is more elegant.
More articles and German language courses for you
- How did your gun save your life
- What is a basic unit of measurement
- How should I pay my employee
- Can myopia be cured naturally
- How can I stop judging people
- NDTV is funded by Anti-India Agencies
- What defines the true everyday character of a person
- What are some massive US military installations
- A profit margin of 55 is good
- Ayurveda guttate can cure psoriasis permanently
- How do I find this permutation
- How do I register a private company
- How old is Jesus in 2017
- Where can I find free email databases
- How do I do drugs
- What will cause rust on a penny
- How blogs increase search engine optimization
- Which CSU has MS in MIS
- Technically, a fetus is a tumor
- What is the most thoughtful paradox
- What makes your business great How, why
- How deadly is a knife when thrown
- Can play Nintendo Switch DS games
- Are there talented runners