What should runners eat
Running and Diet
Eat before you run
Immediately before running, you shouldn't eat anything, or at least only small amounts, so that the food doesn't get heavy in the stomach. Of course, this raises the question of that Time of the endurance run.
If you start early in the morning, you should eat a white bread roll with jam or honey beforehand. Bananas also provide quickly available energy without unnecessarily burdening the stomach. Muesli is less recommended as it gradually swells up in the stomach and puts a strain on it.
Exceptions prove the rules: if you have trained enough and are used to it, you can start on an empty stomach. Ambitious runners build such runs on an empty stomach, e.g. as part of the Marathon preparation often a targeted part of their training plan to stimulate the production of energy from burning fat. Because the quickly available carbohydrate stores are not enough to complete a full marathon with this energy source alone. Here it is important that the energy is (also) gained from burning fat at an early stage.
If the run is planned during the day, it is advisable to have the last solid meal 2-3 hours before the run to take in. This ensures that there is enough time for digestion. It is not recommended to eat heavy things like meat or fatty sauces. On the other hand, foods such as noodles / pasta with a light sauce can be processed very well by the stomach and also fill up the carbohydrate stores.
As a rule, it is not recommended to quickly eat a chocolate bar or something similar before the run. Because that is what drives the short term Blood sugar game up. During the run, this sags all the faster, with the result that you may “feel strange”, get weak knees or experience similar reactions from the body.
- What does the A on badge mean
- Is Fallout 4 better than Fallout 3
- Why does Japan have a western culture
- Can you buy a car when you are 16?
- How heavy is IB Lang and Lit.
- What learning strategies do fast learners pursue?
- Alcohol increases blood pressure
- Can you forbid someone's IP on discord
- What are the food taboos in Europe
- What is a local business
- What qualifies you for bariatric surgery
- How deaf people hear
- Who is your Favorite Internet Marketing Mentor
- There is an Uber for the delivery of groceries
- What rusts How is rusting controlled
- How does a photon of light reflect?
- What are tips for the renewal of the asphalt driveway
- Why is a 1980 nickel worth money
- What is 100 us dollars in pounds
- How does BPD change the brain
- What happened to Cedric Alexander's push
- Should I work on my birthday
- How to tie a short sarong
- Should the European repopulate Africa