What is state 1
The federal states of the Federal Republic of Germany
When emperors and kings still ruled in Germany, the state was called the German Empire. This state was a monarchy. This word means sole rule, because back then, few people really had anything to say.
Today our state is called the Federal Republic of Germany. The word republic comes from the Latin language: there res publica means the "cause of the people". A republic is understood to be a state in which the people have a say in what happens in that state.
In addition, the word covenant occurs in the name of our state. There are 16 countries in Germany. They have formed a covenant. We call these countries federal states.
They are called Bavaria, Baden-Württemberg, Berlin, Brandenburg, Bremen, Hamburg, Hesse, Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania, Lower Saxony, North Rhine-Westphalia, Rhineland-Palatinate, Saarland, Saxony, Saxony-Anhalt, Schleswig-Holstein and Thuringia.
Around 17.5 million people live in North Rhine-Westphalia. It is the largest state. Bremen has a little less than 550,000 inhabitants, making it smaller than all the others.
The states of Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania, Brandenburg, Saxony-Anhalt, Thuringia and Saxony used to belong to the GDR. They were not re-formed until after reunification in 1990.
It is the task of the federal states, for example, to regulate the school system. Big differences arose in the process. In some, primary school lasts 6 years, in others only 4 years. The federal states are also responsible for the traffic police, the state roads, the courts and the prisons, among other things.
Many things are regulated in laws that only apply in the respective federal state. MEPs decide on the state laws. They are elected by the citizens of a country.
The assembly of these representatives is called state parliaments in most of the federal states. There is also a state government in every federal state. The head of this state government is a prime minister.
But the states also have a say in laws and matters that affect the entire state. There is also the Federal Council. Each federal state sends at least 3 representatives to this Federal Council, but no more than 6. There are a total of 69 votes in the Federal Council.
The Federal Council meets regularly in Berlin in a building that was built in 1904 as the "Prussian mansion".
- How do I bypass an electricity meter
- Parachute hunters are outdated as a military tactic
- Is Canada as racist as America
- What lotteries do you play the most?
- Where can I find call girls
- What are common scams in Nigeria
- What is the application of fractional distillation
- Budapest is safe for Jews
- Are Trump's plans beneficial to American workers?
- How are minorities treated at Harvard
- Are the Japanese being racist towards Korean tourists?
- What are effective but harmful diets
- Difference Between Traditional Marketing and Digital Marketing
- What is the best website for esports
- Colombia What is the ELN
- Does management need math
- Which countries use crypto currency?
- What is Eminem's rap style
- US phone numbers can start with 0
- What do doctors hide from patients
- What is the fastest operating system
- How much do commercial solar panels cost
- Why are autistic people so talented
- What's your best photoshopping picture