What does the A on badge mean
FAQ - Frequently asked questions
The German Sports Badge (DSA) is an award from the German Olympic Sports Confederation (DOSB). It is the highest distinction outside of competitive sport and is awarded as a badge of achievement for above-average and versatile physical performance. The services to be provided are based on the basic motor skills of endurance, strength, speed and coordination. Proof of swimming skills is a necessary prerequisite for acquiring the German Sports Badge.
The German Sports Badge is a medal of honor of the Federal Republic of Germany.
The German sports badge can be acquired by men and women both in the Federal Republic of Germany and abroad. The prerequisite is the successful completion of the services required in the regulations.
The German sports badge is awarded
1. As a German sports badge for children and adolescents for boys and girls from the calendar year in which they reach the age of 6
2. As a German sports badge for adults from the calendar year in which they reach the age of 18.
People with disabilities can also acquire the German Sports Badge. The sporting requirements for the acquisition are set out in the manual “German Sports Badge for People with Disabilities”, you can find general information in the lower section of the FAQs.
Membership in a sports club is not a prerequisite for acquiring the German Sports Badge.
In order to receive the German Sports Badge, you have to prove your skills in the four discipline groups of strength, speed, coordination and endurance. There are offers from the sports of athletics, cycling, swimming and gymnastics to choose from. In order to acquire the German Sports Badge, at least one achievement in bronze must be achieved in each discipline group.
Proof of swimming skills is also a necessary prerequisite for acquiring the DSA. There are four options for this proof:
1. Completion of a swimming discipline from the discipline groups endurance or speed in the course of the sports badge test. Exception for the endurance discipline group: Proof of swimming ability is also valid if a course in the endurance discipline group is swum completely, but the time achieved does not correspond to the minimum requirement for the bronze level
2. Younger than 12 years: 50 m swimming without time limit (in one piece and without interruption) or presentation of the "German swimming badge" from bronze
3. Exactly or older than 12 years: 200 m swim in a maximum of 11 minutes (in one go and without interruption) or presentation of the "German swimming badge" from silver or the "German lifeguard badge" if approved by the DLRG, DSV, water rescue service, DRK , ASB as well as the "German Triathlon Badge" and the "German Pentathlon Badge"
4. 15 min. Continuous swimming (possible in open water), with obvious movement in the water
As with the Olympic Games, the German sports badge also comes in bronze, silver or gold. The performance in the four selected disciplines is assessed with points.
You receive one point for a performance in the bronze category, two points for silver and three points for gold. The sum of your points determines which sports badge you will receive in the end:
Bronze = 4-7 points
Silver = 8-10 points
Gold = 11-12 points
Many clubs offer special sports badge meetings where you can practice the various disciplines together with other athletes. You will receive tips on site and can improve your performance. You can save your training results in the app and follow your path to bronze, silver or gold.
You can find the training meetings here.
You can take the German sports badge once a year. You have time all year round to complete the disciplines (the calendar year applies). Therefore, thorough and regular preparation for the exams is recommended. If the German sports badge is acquired repeatedly, regardless of the level reached (bronze, silver, gold), the German sports badge with number (bicolor badge) is awarded on request. The allocation takes place, starting with the number 5, in steps of five (5, 10, 15, ....). For this purpose, all exams taken from the age of 18 apply.
The current overview of the performance requirements for adults and young people can be found under materials on the DOSB's sports badge page.
Information on this year's reform, the history, the sports badge tour and much more can be found on the official website of the DOSB for the German sports badge.
Official website for the German Sports Badge
There you will also find other downloads such as test cards or the form for the swimming skills certificate:
Materials German sports badge
After you have registered or logged in, you can enter your training performance with the date for each discipline. Your achievements will then always be available in the future and you can see immediately in which disciplines you have already reached bronze, silver or gold. You will also see the nationwide ranking list for your year in each discipline. So you can immediately see where training is particularly worthwhile!
The German sports badge for people with disabilities offers sporting activity for everyone who has at least one of the Fulfill the requirements with a proof / expert opinion:
- permanent degree of disability (GdB) of 20 and more
- Endoprostheses or
- Attendance at a school with a corresponding specialization focus or facility for people with disabilities (e.g. workshop).
Unless a "medical certificate and declaration of liability" for participation in the German sports badge for people with disabilities is presented, the acquisition of the German sports badge for people with disabilities is not possible for the protection of personal health and wellbeing:
- a heart disease or
- all illnesses associated with acute attacks.
The disability class is determined by an examiner with an "Examiner ID" with the additional note MmB (people with disabilities) or a doctor. Please contact your state disabled sports association or your district and city sports association for relevant contact persons.
The German Sports Badge for People with Disabilities has a total of 10 disability classes that are stored with the abbreviations A - j. Some of the classes are further subdivided according to the degree of disability or functional impairment in sports:
A = general disability
B = one-sided disability of the lower limbs (leg disability)
C = bilateral disability of the lower limbs (leg disability)
D = one-sided disability of the upper limbs (arm disability)
E = bilateral disability of the upper limbs (arm disability)
F = disability due to restriction or failure of sensory organs
G = disability due to damage to the central and / or peripheral nervous system without impairment of the ability to walk / stand
H = disability due to damage to the central and / or peripheral nervous system with impaired walking / standing ability (wheelchair user)
I = intellectual disability
J = short stature
If you notice a sports club that no longer exists or that is out of date, simply send us an email to [email protected] We will then check the appointment and remove it from our database as soon as possible.
Inform us via [email protected] if you no longer want to use your current account. We will then delete it for you. You can of course return to the app at any time!
Yes, that is possible. Simply use the menu item "Services" select and then click in the relevant discipline "Process services" click and use the "X" Clear. You can then simply correct the service retrospectively by entering it correctly again.
- What Are The Employment Opportunities In Australia
- Where would you hide a murder weapon
- Our reality is a paradoxical false loop
- The law is always moral
- How are hedge fund managers paid
- Prevent screen savers from being burned in
- What are the best hanging chairs
- What does strong mean
- Will China's space program ever overtake NASA?
- How is asbestos broken down
- How do knives cut
- When does a gravitational lens appear
- Why are Girl Scout Cookies so good
- What is the most fascinating thing about the universe
- How did Quora develop
- What's your rating of Simplilearn
- Why don't strong countries help Malaysia
- When should I apply a question answer
- Can cirrhosis lead to pancreatic cancer
- We live in a pessimistic society
- What does rubato mean in music
- Should I invest in Instagram in 2020
- Can cure placenta cancer
- Are Patanjali products pure