What are some traditional French family meals
Hachis parmentier: the ideal family meal
Since we can't go to Alsace now, we bring a piece of Alsace to our home: Hachis parmentier is a classic among French dishes and one of the favorite dishes of our blogger and chef Egbert, who grew up in Alsace. The ideal dish for an uncomplicated dinner with the family!
Saturday is the most stressful day of the week at home: The boys have no school - and they have to go to football, to meet friends, to a children's birthday party or to the swimming course. Mom is at work, and if I don't have a catering assignment, I'll do a few things in or around the house. We often get a visitor on Saturday evening, and then a hachis parmentier is the perfect solution. This casserole is named after the pharmacist Antoine Parmentier, who lived in the 18th century and made the potato famous in France. The advantage of this recipe: You can prepare the dish beforehand and reheat it if necessary; then it tastes even better!
A real family meal
Another plus point: Everyone thinks hachis parmentier is delicious because hardly anyone disdains mashed potatoes and minced meat. In any case, I associate many beautiful childhood memories with this dish, because my mother regularly cooked it at home in Alsace, where I grew up. Thanks to her cooking skills, I got a taste for it, and I am still interested in all new recipes. But the good old hachis parmentier still ends up on the plate. Many customers of my catering company also love it!
RECIPE FOR HACHIS PARMENTIER
Ingredients for 6 people (or for 4 good eaters, comme moi!)
1 kilo floury potatoes
200 ml milk or crème fraîche liquide (cooking cream), if you want it typically French
1 pack of grated cheese (depending on taste: young or aged cheese)
2 onions (diced)
2 cloves of garlic
1 leek (cut into rings)
500 g minced meat (I prefer half beef and half pork, but only beef is delicious)
1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh parsley
3 teaspoons of tomato paste
Fresh breadcrumbs or breadcrumbs
- Cook the potatoes until they fall apart; pour off the water and let it evaporate.
- Meanwhile fry the chopped onions until they are translucent. Then add the meat, garlic and salt & pepper and fry everything for about 5 minutes.
- Butter a casserole dish and prepare a puree from the potatoes (mash with milk or butter as well as nutmeg, salt & pepper to a pulp). Then fill half of the mashed potatoes in the oven bowl.
- Spread the leek rings over the mashed potatoes.
- Mix the parsley and tomato puree with the minced meat and then pour it over the mashed potatoes.
- Sprinkle the whole thing with cheese (about ¼ of the package).
- Pour the rest of the mashed potatoes over the minced meat. First sprinkle the cheese on top, then the breadcrumbs and a piece of butter.
- Heats the oven to 190 ° C
- Leave the potato and minced meat casserole in the oven for about 25 minutes until a nice crust forms on it. Serve it with a green salad and vinaigrette! Bon Appetit!
(If you do not warm up the hachis until the next day, it is best to keep the baking dish covered with foil in the refrigerator).
Text: Egbert Ausems, Photos: Nicky Bouwmeester
French sugar cake with light beer
Tomates farcies - without complaining!
Coq au riesling from Alsace
- What would Enron have saved and why
- What is your profession
- How old is Hermione today
- Why is the Pola Festival celebrated
- What is the use of the standard deviation
- Calcium reduces the risk of cancer
- How do pesticides affect agriculture?
- Have you ever been with a ghost
- Why aren't Pro Lifers vegan anymore
- Can I use stucco paint on drywall
- How can we forbid the slaughter of animals?
- What is the full form of LQI
- How is CE at SVNIT Surat
- What are the most popular small breeds of dogs
- Why do I always ask questions
- Dario Cologna speaks Romansh
- Which country is better Iran or Iraq
- I just got homeless, what
- Why is buffalo hunting so dangerous?
- Eat pigs bones
- How do I find Swiggy Coupons
- How can I set up an email campaign
- Where can I buy wholesale computers
- What do Thais think of China?