What are some examples of reflection pronouns
Learning German grammar - the reflexive pronouns in German
The following article provides information on the German reflexive pronouns.
The article explains the usage and grammatical peculiarities
of the German relative pronoun.
This article on the topic of "The German Reflexive Pronouns" is aimed at everyone who speaks German from the Level A2 learn.
1. An overview of the German reflexive pronouns and other pronouns in the German language
The reflexive pronouns or related pronouns are only a part of the German pronouns:
2. The function of the reflexive pronoun
In particular, a reflexive pronoun refers to a clause within a sentence.
It can therefore take up a reference to the subject of the sentence.
- The cook is washing yourself hands.
- The children play up her Playground.
- I buy me a new ball.
3. The form of the reflexive pronoun
The forms of the reflexive pronouns are in most cases identical to the forms of the personal pronouns. In German there is only one clearly differentiated form between personal pronouns and reflexive pronouns: yourself
- Peter washes yourself the face. (3rd person, mask., Singular, accusative)
- Keep the children busy yourself on the playground. (3rd person, neuter, plural, accusative)
- she buys yourself a house. (3rd person, fem., Singular, accusative)
Only the 3rd person singular and plural differs from the forms of the personal pronouns.
|he she it||yourself||yourself|
|you||to you||to you|
If you are no longer familiar with the forms of personal pronouns,
you can read them again here.
4. Real and spurious reflexive pronouns
The German language can distinguish between real and fake Make reflexive pronouns.
A more understandable description would be "necessary" and "not necessary".
Below are a few Examples::
A small compilation of the most important reflexive verbs can be found here.When the reflexive pronoun does not necessarily have to be used, one speaks of one spurious reflexive pronouns.
- She's buying a book. / She's buying a book.
- He paints a picture. / He's drawing a picture.
- We read a book to ourselves. / We're reading a book.
For information on other pronouns, feel free to go deeper on our blog.
- When was the 20th century
- What US Federal Law Guarantees Privacy
- What kind of gay pride should I wear?
- Is it great or sad to be you
- Why was Okinawa so bloody
- Can you compare Chinese and Indian workers
- How did Theodora help Justinian
- Is the US a war-based economy?
- Why do we have Kundalini 1
- Are you too full of yourself
- How are foreigners treated in Vietnam
- Are there atoms in space
- What is the most dangerous SCP
- Does Indonesia have snow
- Is eating roasted coffee beans harmful?
- Why do we feel happy and sad
- How to convert 12V to 3V
- What did old Indian soldiers eat
- How do salespeople keep themselves motivated
- What is meant by the principle of relativity
- How do cryptocurrencies have value
- Can a twink be a top
- What does networking mean in Ansys Fluent
- What are the types of spacetime