Which credit card is best
Find the best credit card in comparison
Find the best credit card in comparison
The Verivox comparison helps you to find the best credit card for your personal use. Whether it is free use abroad, convenient NFC payment or low interest rates: you can quickly find the credit card that best suits you from the multitude of providers and card types with different discounts, fees and services.
First of all, you need to ask yourself what you want to use the credit card for in the first place:
- As a means of payment for everyday shopping? In the calculator you will quickly find NFC cards with which you can conveniently pay contactless, or cards with bonus and cashback programs.
- Or for withdrawing cash while traveling? The credit card comparison shows which cards waive the foreign currency fee if you make cashless payments abroad or use an ATM.
- Or just for online shopping? Then you can compare the billing options and pay attention to favorable debit interest.
- Or as an investment? You can also find credit cards with credit interest in the calculator.
The credit card provider
Typically, credit cards are issued by a bank or credit card company. There they are applied for and given to the customer after a credit check. The credit cards most frequently used in Germany can be traced back to Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Diners Club providers.
Visa and MasterCard
Visa and MasterCard are brokered through banks and savings banks - often in conjunction with a current account. However, some requirements must be met - mostly residence in Germany, age of majority and a certain creditworthiness. The conditions and additional services vary from bank to bank - some financial institutions do not charge any foreign currency fees, others offer various insurance services or a discounted or free partner card and so on.
American Express and Diners Club
American Express, or AmEx for short, and Diners Club, on the other hand, are only sent via the companies themselves and can differ in their characteristics from bank credit cards. For example, they often do not have a credit line in the sense of a spending limit. This means that the credit line is unlimited. In order to avoid credit card debt, however, the expenses should be based on the respective financial possibilities of the customer.
The different types of credit cards
There are many different types of credit cards, each of which covers the needs of different target groups. Debit and charge cards are the most common types of cards.
- The Debit card works like an EC card - the amount spent is immediately debited from the linked checking account.
- The Charge card offers a limited but interest-free credit line: the amounts are collected and paid with a regular credit card statement.
- Some providers have that Revolving card in program. This allows cardholders to pay the amounts spent by paying in installments. The loan granted often incurs high interest rates.
- This is less common in this country Daily charge card. This is a mixture of classic and prepaid credit cards. They can be topped up with a credit, but a credit line can also be available when the credit is used up.
Company credit cards are often designed as charge cards, but can, for example, be tailored to the needs of corporate customers and the self-employed thanks to the extended credit line. The so-called double card, consisting for example of a master and a Visa card, is also suitable for the self-employed. This is particularly useful if private and business expenses should be separated or if only one specific card is accepted abroad.
With the virtual credit card, the customer does not receive a physical card, but only the relevant data: card number, expiry date and check digit. It is mainly intended for online shopping, so there is no need for a physical card.
Prepaid credit cards
The financial situation plays an important role in choosing the best credit card. People with negative credit bureau or without creditable income can apply for and receive a credit card - but this is then a so-called prepaid card. Similar to the prepaid phone card, a credit is loaded onto it, which can then be used up. So there is no credit in the strict sense of the word, but the customer can only dispose of the money that he has previously loaded onto the card.
The best credit card: costs and fees
Like the conditions and additional services, the costs and fees for the credit card vary from provider to provider. Depending on the card type, annual fees and / or debit interest may apply - however, there are some issuers who waive the annual fee. You can finance your services through the costs of withdrawing cash or higher interest rates on outstanding loan amounts. Cash withdrawals from ATMs are often free in Germany and the euro zone. However, fees may apply when withdrawing cash at the counter. For card payments outside the euro zone, many banks charge a foreign currency fee or foreign transaction fee for converting the foreign currency amount into euros.
Debit interest and credit interest
The interest on outstanding amounts is comparable to the overdraft interest on most credit cards. They are particularly incurred if the sum used is to be repaid in installments. On the other hand, this interest rate can also have a positive impact - namely when the credit on the credit card earns interest. For example, if the customer makes a deposit into his credit card account long before a due amount is debited, the interest on the credit can generate income until the debit.
- Is a googolplex smaller than infinity
- I just got homeless, what
- Which African country has the best quality of life
- What is the name of the Arsenal FCs Stadium
- Can we stop the imports from China?
- How is computers used in education?
- App ideas need a patent
- Are there pro-gun Australians
- Bluetooth headphones cause throat cancer
- What Are Some Unique Affiliate Marketing Tips
- Is Louis Farrakhan an anti-Semite
- How can you imagine Quora answers
- How do smart people think 1
- The Last Jedi killed the franchise
- Is Malaysia a clean country
- What are black dots in my skin
- Can bend easily
- What happened to the Gestapo?
- Where's that stream in Palm Springs
- Why does Mars have so many craters
- What do tongues symbolize
- It hurts to insert eye drops
- Filipino girls like Chinese men
- Which countries hate Brazil