What is health insurance
Health insurance in Germany
Most statutory health insurance benefits are stipulated throughout the system and defined accordingly. The so-called service catalog of the health insurers includes treatment by the family doctor, specialist or psychotherapist, in hospital and, under certain conditions, in rehabilitation facilities. These so-called standard benefits also include preventive and early diagnosis examinations, necessary vaccinations (no travel vaccinations) and medical care during pregnancy and around the birth.
Prescription drugs are paid for with a few exceptions. So-called remedies such as or and medical aids such as prostheses or hearing aids are paid for by the health insurance companies if they are medically justified and have been prescribed by a doctor. Aids must also be included in the so-called list of resources. A legally stipulated additional payment must be made for these services. For prescribed medication, it is between five and ten euros, depending on the price. Children and young people up to the age of 18 are exempt from additional payments.
The standard benefits also include dental check-ups and dental, gum and orthodontic treatments. The statutory health insurances pay a fixed allowance for dentures. Before starting a dental prosthesis, the dentist draws up a treatment and cost plan that must be submitted to the health insurance company. On this basis, the health insurance company decides which costs to cover. After that, it is easier to estimate how high the proportion is that you have to bear yourself.
Any additional requests, such as a single room in the hospital, treatment by the head physician or special dental treatments, must be paid for by yourself. Additional private insurance can be taken out for some of these special services.
Since the reimbursement regulations for some services are not the same for all health insurance companies, it is worth asking in advance if in doubt.
Except for additional and partial payments, the following applies: All services contained in the GKV catalog are usually settled by the service providers directly with the health insurer - that is, you do not have to worry about payment.
- What did poor old Roman women wear?
- Which CSU has MS in MIS
- Which website can I use for leads
- Why does Donald Trump hate disabled people
- Can you destroy gold
- Believe in market efficiency
- What are your average newsletter subscription rates
- What are examples of emotional animal behavior
- What is an ad impression
- Is a vegan diet good for diabetics
- How do children learn
- What makes a smell pleasant or unpleasant?
- Why do we fall in love every day
- Why are relationships not worth it
- Why are cell phones given to children?
- How much is a 1940 penny worth
- What are the leadership qualities for managers
- What should adults remember?
- Why are pagans considered evil
- What's your rating of Chongqing China
- Can Owen Smith save the Labor Party?
- Does someone love Donald Trump
- Why are certain people purposely rude
- Which processor is best for mobile games