What are the best paradigm shifts
Out of the old rut: paradigm shift as a recipe for success.
“We have always done it this way”, “People are creatures of habit” or “it has grown historically”: This could look like the top 3 list of excuses that many hear when they start out in a company with thirst for action. who feel no pressure to change. And so the greatest thirst for action of new employees turns into resignation, until finally the job change is pending. In the best case, companies that shy away from change still manage to survive in the market. Most of the time, however, it has to do with luck. Fear of change is even more common. How exactly can you avoid that?
Time for a paradigm shift
A paradigm shift is the change in existing patterns of thought and behavior. To do this, however, we have to recognize and understand familiar perspectives and adapt them to reality. Our world is changing a lot. Be it through digitization, increasing customer expectations or unexpected crisis situations such as the current pandemic. Companies that have accepted this fact and realize that they have to adapt their habits, corporate vision and mission, have an unbeatable advantage over their market competitors.
Companies that have not recognized this will nevertheless be confronted with this fact when a paradigm shift becomes inevitable due to external factors. An example of this is the switch to the home office and virtual trade fairs, events or meetings, triggered by the corona pandemic. Many organizations are now forced to rethink - the paradigm shift is imminent, whether they like it or not. Economic crises, political changes, trends or the innovative spirit of individual entrepreneurs are also triggers for paradigm shifts.
Change is good: The entry into change management
Regardless of whether you are facing forced change or have an internal urge to change, you have to deal with suitable change management at times. There are many options. In any case, it makes sense to start with a catalog of questions about the current situation.
An analysis of the current situation helps you to better uncover strengths and weaknesses and is an important element for future orientation. It makes sense if this happens not only at management level, but also when employees are included across departments. An internal workshop can be very helpful here.
It is best to designate a project team for change management right from the start. A good tip is to appoint a person responsible for the change project from each of the various departments. The analysis should really look everywhere, from internal processes to the corporate mission statement: look at everything with a microscopic level of detail. The analysis is your inventory for the further course and can only lead to success if all aspects are included.
Possible questions for the analysis of the current situation are:
- What are we proud of?
- Which processes achieve optimal results and why?
- What do our customers find commendable and what do we get positive feedback for?
- Which processes are not running well and what could be the reason?
- What negative points of criticism do customers express?
- Which situations trigger conflicts?
- What developments are influencing our business and our brand?
When working out the answers, the change management team can also conduct interviews with people from different departments. This ensures that all perspectives are included in the evaluation. Take the opportunity and conduct an online customer satisfaction survey. An online survey is not only an excellent tool to measure the satisfaction of your customers, but also an efficient way to determine employee satisfaction.
Change processes are the ideal time for this, because it will not do you any good in the long term if you have turned all the screws and your employees go to work every morning with stomach ache. The success of your company is carried on the backs of the employees - so give your team the chance to make suggestions for improvement. It is helpful to conduct an anonymous online employee survey. This is the only way to get really honest opinions. Even including the workforce in the change process will trigger a feeling of appreciation and contribute positively to team building.
The SWOT ANALYSIS: a powerful tool for a paradigm shift
After the current situation analysis, a look at the competition and general market developments should not be missing. Because whoever adapts his thinking and behavior patterns must be clear where existing patterns show weaknesses. This includes self-analysis as well as that of the competition. The so-called SWOT analysis is a helpful tool for your evaluation. It is an efficient tool for your strategic corporate planning. SWOT stands for strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats. Remember to shed light on all aspects. It is important to analyze where your competition is superior to you in terms of products, offers or services, but the following aspects should also be taken into account: What is your competition doing better than you in other arenas? For example, how good is the website, press work or the implementation of advertising measures?
Questions for your SWOT analysis:
- How has humanity changed over time?
- How does Quora handle its backend
- Unconditional love is actually love
- What are the dangerous places in India
- Includes the natural look makeup
- What is physical metaphysics
- Most people don't like each other
- What is healthy air quality
- Why does my gas fireplace smell
- Will digital marketing take over traditional marketing?
- What time is it in the room
- Is Pripyat safe to visit
- How could a single world economy function?
- The Chinese eat owls
- Rahul Gandhi educational degree
- What are some signs of getting bigger?
- Can milk powder replace milk
- What are good African books and authors
- Why didn't you write or reply
- What was the ancestor of the turtles
- Is C dead
- Why do smart people always plan
- What is Fuller Seminary
- What are some hidden gems around Bangkok
- Do you like raw beef
- Who are smarter mathematicians or physicists
- What is Lisp's killer feature
- What are the causes of earthly desires
- What is the difference between cycling and cycling
- Why do I always want to masturbate
- Black holes can be 6-dimensional
- What moves faster in a vacuum
- China takes in refugees
- What Are Some Amazing Space Facts 1