Game consoles will make a comeback
After 20 years: The Tamagotchi from Bandai is celebrating its comeback
In the mid-1990s, the Tamagotchi drove some parents crazy who had allowed their offspring to have one of the beeping virtual “pets”. Now the Japanese manufacturer Bandai is bringing the electronic toy back onto the market as the original version from 1996. The only difference: the plastic egg in which the Tamagotchi is at home is only half the size.
2017 seems to be a year of technical comebacks. With the Nokia 3310, a robust cell phone with gigantic battery life is back. There are also rumors about a return of the Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES). And now that: The Japanese manufacturer Bandai is bringing the Tamagotchi back onto the market!
Do you remember the Tamagotchi? A small, harmless-looking plastic egg in which children big and small could raise their virtual “pet”, a chick to be precise. Like a real dog or a cat, electronic toys had their needs: sleep, eat, drink, play - and of course their owner should show them affection and attention. If the Tamagotchi was not happy or bored, it died or left its carer. But before it got that far, it didn't tire for a long time to draw attention to his wishes with penetrating beeps.
The Tamagotchi comes back in the original version
The Tamagotchi drove some, especially the suffering parents, crazy - and yet Bandai is now bringing back the original version from 1996, which was launched in Germany in 1997. The technical equipment of the virtual chick is the same as it was 20 years ago: pixelated black and white graphics on a small screen. Only the size of the plastic eggs in which the Tamagotchi is at home has been reduced by almost half, according to SlashGear.
For the time being, the cult toy will only be available in Japan for a slim 2000 yen, around 17 euros. If you want to own the Tamagotchi outside of the island state, you have to pay more for the import.
- Is 100,000 a lot on sale
- Deletes the reinstallation of WordPress content
- Was Muhammad from Petra and not Mecca
- Have you ever kissed your teacher
- What makes your life a healthy one
- How does obesity lead to death
- When will Wexit be held in Alberta
- Why is Sunday Church Day?
- What are the causes of earthly desires
- What is German food made of?
- How many jobs do you have
- Why is rock so heavy on drums
- Why did Quora delete my answer 1
- Why do most men ejaculate
- What are upvote-downvote buttons
- Considered an elite institution at UC Berkeley
- What made you sad this week
- Should health care for overweight people cost more
- Is a barcode better than RFID
- Have plants conscious
- The United States was slowly killing itself
- Is trucking a good career
- How many overweight people are not diabetic
- What contribution is ruining this world