What word means fear of etymology
Fear f. ‘Oppressive feeling of being threatened, fear’. The only in continental western German. testified ahd.angust f. (8th century), mhd.angest fm, mnd.angest, anxt m., mnl.anxt m., anxte f., nl.angst m., afries.ongost, angst go on germ . * angusti- or * angustu- back, abstract formations for the adjective germ. * angu- (see ↗eng). The abstracts formed with the affiliation suffix ie.-st- denote that ‘what is connected with the property‘ closely ’,‘ the narrowness, the state of tightness (anxiety) ’; See Krahe in: PBB 71 (1949) 238. The following exceptions show a different form of formation. Relatives. Aind.áṁhaḥ (stem áṁhas-) 'fear, distress', awest.ązah- 'constriction, constriction (of the throat), oppression, distress, tightness, captivity', Latin angustus (from * angostos) 'tight, narrow' , angustia, mostly in the plur.angustiae 'tightness, anxiety, difficulties' belong to an es- / os-stem ie. * ang̑hes-, * ang̑hos- formed by the same root ie. * ang̑h- 'narrow, narrow, cord' 'Oppression, distress'. In the Nhd. fear is no longer perceived as a noun in certain fixed expressions: I feel, will be afraid (and anxious); cf. also scare you. fearful vb 'make fearful, put in fear', mhd.engstigen (12th century; cf. the adjective earlyhd.engstig 'careful, eifrig, bange') for older, now mostly only used in sophisticated language, fearful, awesome (8th century) Century), mhd.angesten, mnd.ang (e) sten, mnd.mnl.anxten. anxious adj. ‘fearful, full of fear, worried’, ahd.angustlīh (9th century), mhd.angestlich, narrow-minded, mnd.ang (e) stlīk, mnl.anxtelijc.
- What Japanese food the Chinese don't like
- Learning will improve your IQ
- Why do mothers and daughters quarrel
- What is a purple cybersecurity team
- What is the best vintage typewriter
- Koreans eat dogs
- How Google AdSense pays websites
- How do studio monitors and speakers differ?
- Why is Fortnite so popular
- What do Americans think of Australian accents?
- What is the least beneficial trait of character
- Who are smarter mathematicians or physicists
- What do Americans think of Eastern Europeans?
- How do states buy gold
- How do I improve my aerobic capacity
- Which startups have the best names
- What is the necessity of marriage
- When is it okay not to like someone?
- What are some good Russian torrent sites
- Why is Lady Macbeth important
- What is sex make love and fuck
- How can I earn millions of bitcoins
- What should be done for instant happiness
- Why would you answer every request