What's the worst post on Facebook
The best time to post on social media [INFOGRAPHIC]
The best time to post on social media is when your customers and followers are online. Of course, there are also specific times that work best for your own brand. We'll cover that too in this article. Each social media platform will have a different time that works best for your audience. For example, the best time to post on Facebook is different than the best time to post on Instagram. If you also start to consider different time zones, things can quickly get complicated. Therefore, in this article we will work out specific times for posting social media posts and give recommendations for social media management tools.
What time zone should you consider when posting on social media?
The more popular your brand is, the more time zones you will likely need to consider. Some influencers and brands publish the same posts at different times of the day to accommodate different time zones. Ideally, however, you should make sure that you cover most of the time zones without sending the same message multiple times. Unless you can do otherwise, your goal should be to not send the same message more than four times on the same day. In such a case, you should spread the individual posts over different times in order to reach as many time zones as possible.
In which countries are your customers located? If you have the USA and Canada in focus, a display based on the EST time zone makes sense. With metropolises like New York and Toronto, this time zone includes the most people. However, if your target group is exclusively in Germany, you will of course limit yourself to our time zone.
Social media analytics tools can help you find data on exactly where your customers are. This data can help you plan which times will work best for your audience.
The best time to post on Instagram
The best time to post on Instagram is around lunch (11 a.m. to 1 p.m.) and in the evening after work (7 p.m. to 9 p.m.). Most Instagrammers access the platform via their smartphone. For this reason, they also tend to browse their feed less during work hours.
- The best days to post on Instagram are Monday, Wednesday and Thursday. Sunday is the worst day to post on Instagram. The best time to post on Saturday is 5:00 p.m.
- Most engagement is recorded on Instagram on Wednesday.
The best to post on Facebook
For maximum exposure to your followers, the best time to post on Facebook is during the week between 1 p.m. and 4 p.m., i.e. during working hours. That's probably because a lot of Facebook users are browsing their desktops. When it's a little quieter, check your streams for updates and news. However, the best time to post on Facebook on a Sunday is 3:00 PM.
- The best days to post on Facebook are Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, with Tuesday being the worst day.
- Engagement on Facebook peaks at the weekend.
When is the best time to post on LinkedIn?
The best time to post on LinkedIn is between 10 a.m. and 11 a.m.. LinkedIn is a professional social network used by recruiters, sales reps, and business people. So it is not surprising that it is often used during working hours.
- Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday are usually the best days to post on LinkedIn.
- Weekends and holidays, on the other hand, are the worst times to get engagement and visibility on LinkedIn.
The best time to post on Twitter
The best time to post on Twitter is during lunch break from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m.. However, scheduling tweets just before lunch also works well.
- The most engagement can usually be generated on weekdays. So posting every day from Monday to Friday at lunchtime can help you increase your social media engagement.
- Wednesdays is the best day to post on Twitter, with the weekends being the worst days.
The best time to post on Pinterest
The best time to post on Pinterest is usually between 8 p.m. and 11 p.m.. Pinterest is used very actively by mothers, which may be the reason why it is more likely to be posted later in the evening.
- Saturday is usually by far the best day to post on Pinterest. Sundays also work well.
- Working hours tend to be less popular with Pinterest users. So if you post during these times, it may result in less engagement.
Best time to post videos on YouTube
The best time to post on YouTube is usually in the early afternoon, between 12:00 PM and 4:00 PM. Most viewers watch videos in the evening. So if you post in this time window, the videos will be indexed until then.
- Thursday and Friday are usually the best days to post on YouTube.
- Most viewers watch YouTube videos on weekends. So you can post your videos on Saturday and Sunday early in the morning around 9:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m.
So when is the best time to post on social media?
When it comes to the best time to post on social media, consider the platform you're using and the time zone the majority of your customers are in.
While the times listed in this article are averages, you may find that your own audience responds best at other times. The best way to determine the best time to post on social media for your brand is to experiment. You can use social media management tools to schedule posts at different times over a period of several weeks. After that, you can determine which times work best for your audience.
Don't forget your competitors either. Track their progress and find out what times they are getting a high level of engagement on their posts. Chances are these times will work well for you too. Give it a try or try posting if your competitors are on the quiet. But keep in mind that every platform is different. In order to achieve the best results, you should therefore also track and evaluate each one separately.
The Google Analytics report for social media reporting
Google Analytics has all the information you need to determine the right times to post on social media. The only requirement: You have to have set up your social media profiles and made a few posts. You then set up custom reports for each platform and start analyzing information right away. Let's go through this process together.
- In the Google Analytics toolbar on the left, click Custom Reports (under Personalize).
- Then select the "New Custom Report" option to start building your report.
- Select the information you want to see on your report. Below is a simple report for Facebook that shows you how to fill in the appropriate fields. In total, however, you can set up to ten metrics to track.
- Save the report and look at your results. To display the hours of the day, simply select "Hour" as the secondary dimension.
- You repeat these steps for all social media presences through which you generate traffic.
- After that, you can create your social media plan based on your best times to post.
- Track your progress and success with custom reports.
Social media management tools
After you've created your social media schedule, you can use tools for automating your marketing and social media management like Buffer, Later, and Hootsuite to schedule posts when you want. With these tools, you can ensure a uniform posting plan and reach your followers even while you sleep. They can also be used to test different times. In this way, you can determine exactly when the most engagement can be generated. You can also use these tools to schedule the same post at different times. So you can reach different time zones and ensure traffic to your website.
Regularly monitoring your social media engagement and analyzing your social media data can help you find the best times to post on Instagram, Facebook or other social networks. You can use our recommendations as guidelines to get you started.
But keep in mind that every brand is different and even benchmarks can vary depending on the social media platform and industry. As your number of followers grows, you may find that your audience engages with your brand at different times. In addition, the individual social media platforms regularly change their algorithms. You should also keep an eye on these changes.
So you should never stop testing or experimenting. Also, don't be afraid to post on less popular days. While you may not reach most of your followers this way, you may be able to reach people you would otherwise have missed.
Don't wait for someone else to do it. Set yourself up and take the reins in hand.Start for free
Would you like to find out more?
Do you find that a certain amount of time works best for posting on Instagram and other social networks? Let us know in the comments!
- What are some common uses of parachutes
- What is machine learning for?
- Can replace Facebook Libra money crypto currency
- Will Google Earth ever come to life
- Are cafeteria people really smart?
- What are some scalable companies
- Can a TB patient drink coffee
- What existed above all 1
- Why is Myanmar against Rohingya
- What period of time followed the dark age
- How should I treat my LGBTQ friends
- What is the meaning of the original Rudraksha
- Telekinesis is possible through meditation
- Can Frank be a girl's name
- Will there be a sequel to Solo?
- Seals earn the EOD badge
- Why did Dr. Strange lost to Thanos
- What year ended BC
- Where can we find jobs in Melbourne
- What will happen in terms of AI by 2020
- How does it affect our health?
- Can join a BBA SAP FICO
- How do smart people think 1
- What is a Buffalo Nickel