Learning will improve your IQ
Can you increase your IQ?
Brain jogging and IQ training programs are booming. But do they even bring anything? Can you increase your intelligence quotient or do you have to live with the skills that were born in your cradle? Opinions differ: some swear by brain jogging, others dismiss it as humbug. But who is right?
One thing is clear: Most of us have an intelligence quotient of 85 to 115 and are therefore of average talent. In contrast, to belong to the small group of gifted people, completely different IQs are required, 130 it should be - at least. However, only one in 50 people in Germany reaches this level. It is also clear that genes play an important role in intelligence; at least some of our mental abilities are inherited from the cradle. But how about the rest? Can the innate IQ be increased through targeted support and IQ training?
There is still room for improvement among young people
According to the current state of research, intelligence is a property that remains remarkably stable. The IQ of adults can therefore hardly be changed in the course of life. But it looks different with teenagers and children. Considerable IQ changes are still possible in these, because their brain structure can adapt even more flexibly. At the age of twelve to 16, for example, deterioration but also improvements of up to 20 points can occur, as studies show.
That would mean that intelligence could be "trained" at least in young people. "We should therefore be careful about writing off supposedly underperformers at an early stage, as their IQ may have improved significantly only a few years later," explains Sue Ramsden from University College London. In many countries there is a tendency to determine the further educational path of children relatively early - perhaps too early.
- Why do I always want to masturbate
- You can put shoes in the dryer
- How does penicillin help with diabetes
- Why is Singapore so religiously diverse
- Taxes went up under Trump
- Why does India not have skyscrapers like China does
- Which US state has the most money
- Why can many websites sign up with Facebook
- Why is it good to listen to the radio?
- What is the name of the new Quora font
- Which WordPress theme are you using
- How can I stop thinking about money?
- Which came first chocolate or vanilla
- How is a snail not a worm
- Which branch of psychology studies human behavior
- How can chaos create order
- How do you celebrate Christmas Day
- The Apple Watch has now officially failed
- Why do I want to kill myself
- How do carbon dioxide fire extinguishers work
- What are some inexpensive branding ideas
- Why did Socrates hate sophists
- What are the best courses at Harvard
- When a tariff is imposed, who pays