How do I get started with the Steam community
Steam Community Market: Trading with items
Steam has long ceased to be a pure application to start games on the PC, but comes with numerous additional community features. A main component of the game client is the community market. Items from various games can be traded, exchanged and sold for Steam credit via the in-house marketplace.
To the community market
Items from the following games can currently be traded in the Steam Community Market:
- Altidue0: Lower & Faster
- BattleBlock Theater
- CS: Global Offensive
- Don't Starve Together
- Dota 2
- Killing Floor 2
- Move or Die
- Natural Selection 2
- PAYDAY 2
- Path of Exile
- Primal Carnage: Extinction
- Ratz Instagib 2.0
- Robot Toller-Derby Disco Dodgeball
- Sins of a Dark Age
- Team Fortress 2
- The Mighty Quest For Epic Loot
- Zombie grinder
Steam Community Market: Buy and sell items
- All Steam users who have an account on which at least one purchase has been made within the current year can participate in Steam trading. In addition, the Steam Guard must have been active for at least 15 days.
- Changes to the Steam account, e.g. B. adding a new payment method can temporarily restrict access to the Community Market.
- Items can be sold and bought via the community market.
- If you want to sell a game item, you can do this directly via the inventory or via the community homepage.
- The items can also be bought directly on the Community Market page.
Steam Community Market: Requirements and Bans
When buying, you should think in advance whether you really need the item. A withdrawal of the transaction and reversal of the purchase is not possible. Some items can only be resold a few hours or days after purchase. If items are sold, the price is credited as Steam credit. A direct debit to your own account is not possible. B. for new items, or for new games.
- Also note that trading on the Steam Community Market incurs fees that go directly to Steam.
- Steam retains these fees, e.g. B. to cover the costs for the community market, to be able to clarify cases of fraud and to keep the economy going within the steam market.
- The transaction fee is 5% of the total price and a minimum of $ 0.01.
- Furthermore, the providers reserve the right to adjust the fees for trading in the Community Market at a later date.
- The buyer pays the transaction fee.
- Dota 2 and Team Fortress 2 have a game-specific fee of 10%.
- The maximum price for an item is $ 400.
- Items can only be sold if the trade does not exceed the maximum Steam credit of $ 500.
The item prices in the Community Market are given in the viewer's currency, but the seller places these items in their own currency. For the conversion, Steam uses its own rates, which are updated daily.
Steam Community Market not working?
In some cases the Steam Community Market may not work. This can have different causes.
- The Steam servers may be down so that it is not possible to communicate with the Community Market.
- Check the Steam server status for this. If Steam is offline, you have to wait until the problem is resolved.
- Problems with your own internet connection can also be responsible for the fact that the Steam Community Market does not work.
Note other reasons, e.g. B. can lead to a temporary ban on the Community Market:
- The account must be a purchase on Steam that was made more than 30 days ago, but not more than a year ago.
- The Steam Guard must be active for 15 days.
- If you have had your password reset, you have to wait again for the 15 days of Steam Guard activity.
- If a new payment method is added, access will be blocked for seven days.
- If a cancellation has been made on Steam, you have to wait 30 days until the Steam Community Market block has been lifted.
- In the marketplace you can move the mouse pointer over the buy button. There you will find the reason why you cannot act.
You can also read with us how you can increase the level in Steam.
Which game is rated here?
You don't want to miss any news about technology, games and pop culture? No current tests and guides? Then follow us on Facebook (GIGA Tech, GIGA Games) or Twitter (GIGA Tech, GIGA Games).
- Why is substance abuse a social problem
- How did people die on the crusades
- Can Vietnam become the world's new factory?
- WealthFront works with accounts outside the US
- What does Aloha Kakou mean in Hawaiian
- Why Do Real Estate Investors Avoid Chicago
- Which Chinese food do foreigners like best?
- Which companies make the best scented candle?
- Why did Jesus cry
- Is the pronunciation the same as the accent
- Which cars should you never buy?
- What is AD 1
- Table manners are important
- How many digits are in pi 2
- What is the psychology behind masochism
- What would happen if the earth suddenly froze?
- How is life in Singapore 2
- What's the best free dropshipping guide
- What is wingsuit skydiving
- Why are Thai women considered beautiful
- What are the best male masturbation techniques
- Remittances increase GDP
- What is the Banach Tarski Paradox
- What makes things aesthetically pleasing