What's your worst day of the week
The best times to post on social media
A social media presence is almost essential for most companies. Customers search via Instagram, Facebook and Co. and, if in doubt, find the competition. Especially in 2020 and in the transition to 2021, social media has become a helpful tool for many brands and companies. So it's not surprising that many are looking for information about what to post and when to reach their target audience. Sprout Social made a comprehensive analysis of the second point and discovered some changes in the ideal posting time compared to last year.
Attention: All times are given in Central Standard Time (CST). Germany is seven hours ahead of Central Time. That means 9 a.m. CST is 4:30 p.m. in Germany.
- Best times: Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday 9 a.m. until 1 p.m.
- Best days: Tuesday Wednesday Friday
- Worst day: Saturday
Facebook users were almost always online. The weekends as well as the early morning and late evening hours all showed more engagement than in the previous year. For companies and brands, that doesn't mean they should post at all times. However, a look at the most active times of the users can help in creating a posting plan.
- Best times: Tuesday 11 a.m. until 2 p.m., Monday to Friday 11 a.m.
- Best day: Tuesday
- Worst day: Sunday
Compared to Facebook, it can be seen on Instagram that users only go online a little later. Here users only start their activities around 7 a.m., from 11 a.m. reach their peak during the week. Users tend to be less active on weekends. The increased engagement at lunchtime could also be related to the fact that many worked in the home office and spent the lunch break alone. Instead of eating with colleagues, they played more on the phone as a side effect.
Best times: Wednesday 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Tuesday to Thursday 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Best day: Wednesday
Worst day: Saturday
Twitter played a major role as the up-to-date news platform for news about the corona pandemic and the US elections. The level of commitment was correspondingly high during the week, including in the evenings.
Best times: Tuesday to Thursday 9 a.m. until 12 a.m.
Best days: Tuesday and Wednesday
Worst day: Sunday
During the week, LinkedIn has become one of the go-to platforms for many. The business-oriented network, on the other hand, receives less attention on the weekend.
When do I reach my ideal target group?
Although the data cited in the study is extracted from a large amount of data, companies and brands cannot rely exclusively on these insights. Instead, they can be used as a guide to run your own tests. Instagram, for example, also provides an overview in the Insights of when your own followers are most likely to be online. You could start by sharing posts about an hour before the most active time of your followers. You can compare their performance with the performance of posts that are shared exactly during the most active time or shortly afterwards. In this way you will gradually find out the perfect posting time for you.
In order to be able to share meaningful insights, Sprout Social has analyzed the data of over 20,000 customers and divided it up by platform and industry. You can see the insights at the optimal times in different industries on the page. These include:
- Education sector
- Travel industry
- Christmas is just as offensive as Christmas
- Which consulting company to hire
- Do you believe in life
- Green grapes contain resveratrol
- What is an ad impression
- Masturbation makes men fat
- Where is Lahore India or Pakistan
- Which jobs make more money than doctors
- How much did Google pay for Aardvark
- How did the financial crisis end in 2008
- Is Microsoft's data science curriculum good
- American Canadians are friendlier than Europeans
- What is a summer romance 1
- Why were silver dimensions discontinued
- What does strong mean
- What kind of robotics are you doing
- Can foxes be domesticated? If so, how
- Can you eat sweet potato peels
- What are some signs of getting bigger?
- What is medium 1
- Which game requires the most mental skills
- What is refrigerant
- Why have trade unions become unpopular
- Are people with high IQs socially awkward