What does a 2 week abortion look like
Abortion: 5 Essential Questions Every Woman Should Know The Answers To
There is hardly a decision that is as difficult for a woman as this: will I have my child or is an abortion the right way for me? There are no compromises here, just a final either - or.
An unwanted pregnancy is often a major emotional burden for women. When deciding to have an abortion or a child, a woman has many questions on her mind. Regardless of legal aspects, doubts and uncertainty create a great emotional chaos. Often the women feel alone in this situation, and the pressure is great, after all, the decision cannot be postponed indefinitely.
Of course, we cannot make this important decision for you. But we can try to give you some useful information to help you see something more clearly.
An abortion is possible in Germany, but only within a very specific, legally regulated framework. Anyone considering an abortion should know a few facts. Legal requirements and deadlines, costs, abortion methods and risks ... We have put together the answers to the five most important questions about abortion for you.
1. Under what circumstances is an abortion legally permitted in Germany?
In principle, abortion is illegal in Germany, i.e. prohibited. That is what the abortion law says. However, there are circumstances under which termination is legal and therefore permitted:
- An abortion is permitted in Germany if the pregnancy poses a health risk to the mother.
- An abortion is permitted in Germany if the pregnancy is the result of a criminal act, for example rape.
In these cases, one speaks of a medical or a criminological indication.
Reading tip: Risk Pregnancy: What Does It Mean For Mom & Baby?
But even if these circumstances do not exist, you can have an abortion carried out quite legally. So that you do not make yourself liable to prosecution, you have to seek free advice from a pregnancy conflict counseling service (e.g. from the Arbeiterwohlfahrt, Caritas or pro familia). You will then receive a counseling certificate. There must be at least three days between the interview and the abortion and the termination must not be carried out by the same doctor who gave the consultation.
Read also: 12 clear signs you're not ready to have a child
2. Until when can an abortion be performed?
If the issue of abortion is in the room, the decision should be made quickly. An abortion is only allowed up to the 12th or 14th week of pregnancy.
By the way: One speaks of the 12th week of pregnancy if one counts from the day of fertilization, of the 14th week of pregnancy if one counts from the first day of the last period. Both periods are of the same length and encompass 12 weeks.
After these 12 weeks, an abortion is only possible if the life, health or psyche of the pregnant woman is at risk.
Are you pregnant, but you don't know exactly how far the pregnancy has progressed? Then you can calculate the week of pregnancy here.
In the video: The most common mistakes in the pregnancy testVideo by Jutta Eliks
3. What options are there for an abortion?
Anyone who has decided to have an abortion has three options for the termination: suction, scraping or abortion pill.
Suction and scraping are operations that can take place under general or local anesthesia. Both can be carried out on an inpatient or outpatient basis.
Suction is the most common abortion method used. During this procedure, the doctor sucks off the lining of the uterus, the amniotic sac and the embryo using a small tube. The tube is inserted into the uterus through the vagina. The procedure takes place under anesthesia.
The scraping is also carried out under anesthesia. It is rarely used for an abortion, but rather to remove tissue from the uterus after a miscarriage. During scraping, the uterine lining, the amniotic sac and the embryo are scraped off with a special instrument.
A relatively new method of abortion is the abortion pill. The pill is taken under medical supervision and triggers labor and miscarriage after two or three days. This method of abortion may only be used up to the 7th or 9th week of pregnancy.
Would you like to learn more about this method? Then discover the most important questions about the abortion pill here!
4. What are the risks of an abortion?
Thanks to new methods, the risks associated with an abortion are rather low. With suction and scraping, as with other operations, there is a risk that the anesthetic agent will not be tolerated or that injuries will result. In retrospect, inflammation and bleeding can occur. If the procedure is done under local anesthesia, there is less risk.
Since the abortion pill works without surgery, there are fewer risks here. However, the termination is only successful in 95 percent of the cases. The remaining 5 percent must also be scraped off.
5. What are the costs of an abortion?
In most cases, the cost of an abortion must be borne by the pregnant woman herself. They amount to around 300 to 400 euros. There are exceptions, however: If there are medical reasons for the abortion or if the pregnancy is the result of a criminal offense (i.e. if there is a medical or criminological indication), the health insurance company will cover the costs of the abortion.
If the pregnancy is terminated at your own request, you will have to bear the costs yourself. However, it is possible to apply to the health insurance company to cover the costs.
And after the termination of pregnancy?
This is very important: If you have decided to have an abortion, you should go to counseling after the abortion. For most women, an abortion is very stressful and it takes them some time to process this decision.
Good to know: In theory, a woman can get pregnant again right after an abortion. From a purely physical point of view, termination - in the absence of very rare complications - is not very stressful. In any case, let your doctor advise you
You can find a counseling center near you here:
According to the Federal Statistical Office, around 101,000 abortions were carried out in Germany in 2018. The proportion of abortions that were carried out as a result of the counseling regulation was over 97 percent. In 2018, the number of abortions decreased slightly compared to the previous year.
- How can you treat grade 1 gynecomastia?
- Is Fallout 4 better than Fallout 3
- Where do killer contracts find employers
- What is technical analysis 1
- What do old people not eat
- How does English sound
- What do Singaporeans think of Kong Hee?
- Which destination should we visit after Langkawi
- Are three dollar bills real?
- What are the symptoms of diseases
- Who saved your life once?
- What is traffic jam
- How can I learn digital electronics myself
- How do airlines cooperate on routes
- Can people control everything in life?
- What are the new provinces in Pakistan
- How much does a million dollars weigh
- Which country has more room for dentists?
- Is there a heaven after death
- What causes diabetic hypoglycemia
- Will kill medium blogger
- How do you identify a company name
- What lotteries do you play the most?
- What is 3 6 1 1
- Are there still quasars
- What is the most powerful mathematical result
- What best describes Africa's economy
- How long can we take multivitamins?
- What steroids give the aesthetic look
- What massage parlors offer sex
- What defines the true everyday character of a person
- Why are personal health records important
- An AP theology course would be unconstitutional