What is the best POS software
Here you can find out everything about POS systems such as ready2order, Zettle Go, Tillhub, flour & Co. Compare the top providers and read testimonials from other users!
What is POS system comparison?
On Kassensystemevergleich.de you can find all relevant information to modern POS systems and POS apps. We also compare card readers that are part of modern cash register systems.
All of the POS systems listed here meet the legal requirements in Germany, in particular the GoBD / GDPdU and the KassenSichV as well as the requirements of the financial administration 2021.
Easily compare POS systems by industry, price, operating system, DATEV interface, etc .:
POS systems in comparison
You can also find many POS systems Testimonials from usersthat can help you find the right POS system.
Which POS systems are there?
iPad cash register with stand and card reader / Source: SumUp
There are a large number of different POS systems on the market. These are usually differentiated according to industries or the type of hardware.
POS systems according to industries
There are also providers that act as Generalists cover several industries, such as providers
POS systems according to hardware and operating system
1. iPad POS systems
iPad POS providers provide POS software for the iPad. These apps turn the Apple device into a touchscreen POS system.
The other necessary devices are controlled via WLAN or Bluetooth. These systems need a WLAN in order to work with them.
Most iPad POS system providers not only offer their app, but also sell complete hardware packages including an iPad, receipt printer, WiFi router, etc.
Find out everything about the iPad POS systems from various providers, for example:
2. POS systems for Android or other operating systems
There are not only Apple and thus iPad POS systems in the world, but also a whole range of other tablet manufacturers on which modern POS software runs reliably.
These are prominent providers for Android:
3.Touchscreen POS systems (instead of tablets)
With touchscreen POS systems, the display, processing unit and input device are housed in one housing. Thanks to the touch technology, the display is also the input device. The other components are accommodated in the housing, depending on the model, or are independent. Most of the displays are built into floor-standing monitors, but there are also space-saving wall-mounted devices.
Touchscreen POS system / Source: Duratec-Systems
Many POS systems offer optional variants with a stationary touchscreen, with tablets or with a mixed system.
The best-known providers of pure touch POS systems are:
For a quick overview of all iPad, tablet and touch screen POS system providers, simply use the comparison:
POS systems in comparison
What are POS systems exactly?
In general, POS systems consist of software and hardware:
- Software (POS program)
POS programs basically record payment transactions, save the associated data and enable receipts to be printed out. But the software usually offers a lot more. The numerous additional functions include:
- Goods management (warehouse, inventory, order management, supplier management)
- Marketing (customer management, customer cards, bonus systems, voucher solutions)
- Interfaces (e.g. data transfer to tax consultants and to third-party systems)
- Branch capability
- Temporary offline mode (in case the internet goes down)
- Industry solutions (e.g. gastronomy: table overviews, rebooking of entire tables, separate payment, tip function, wireless ordering)
- Employee Statistics
- data backup
- Selection of different VAT rates (out-of-home sales)
- Tax-free function (for foreign customers who do not have to pay VAT)
In addition to the functions mentioned, the Ease of use a cash register system is very important. You (and your employees) can only work efficiently with the POS system with speed and intuitive operation.
Modern checkout programs meet the legal requirements that have been tightened in recent years. They are GoBD-compliant, offer interfaces for the tax auditor, have an archive system, are cash-safe, have manipulation protection and reliably document all cancellations and price changes.
In simplified terms, the hardware of a POS system consists of the following components:
- Input device
- Arithmetic unit
- Bon printer
- Cash drawer
- Additional devices such as barcode scanners, customer displays, scales, card readers
Depending on the requirements, the hardware can be more robust, has a particularly attractive design or is more mobile than stationary. The aim here is to compare the various systems.
The Kassensicherungs-Ordinance (KassenSichV)
The Kassensicherungsverordnung (KassenSichV) has been in force since January 1, 2020. All electronic cash register systems must therefore have a technical security device (TSE). Depending on the federal state, a transitional regulation applies until March 2021 (more on this).
The cash register system manufacturers presented in our comparison all guarantee that they provide a TSE solution for working in compliance with the tax authorities. So you are on the safe side.
In addition, since 2020 there has been an obligation to issue receipts, which oblige you to issue a receipt. Very important: it is not enough to ask the customer if he would like a receipt. The receipt must be issued in any case.
Finally, there is an obligation to report the electronic cash register to the tax office. However, this only takes effect when a corresponding website of the tax office is live. So far this has not been the case.
Card payment: what are card readers?
Example of a mobile card reader / Source: Zettle
With card readers you can accept payments by debit card or credit card. Card readers complement many cash register systems today. They are either equipped with a rechargeable battery and are therefore completely mobile (mobile payment) or stationary, i.e. fixed in one place or on the cable.
The following applies to mobile devices: whether as a restaurateur, retailer, taxi driver or as a caterer in the middle of the green field. All you need is internet access, but it is practically everywhere: via WiFi or simply over the cellular network.
Card reader providers are financial service providers who regulate the payment processes with the card-issuing institutions. They basically make sure you get your money and take a fee for it.
The mobile payment providers provide you with an app for payments and a card reader to read chip or magnetic stripe cards. Most card payment devices today are also suitable for NFC.
At the checkout system comparison, you can also find out everything you need to know about the best-known providers of mobile card readers (mobile payment) such as Zettle, payment experts or SumUp.
Card readers in comparison
You shouldn't miss this
- We offer you a lot of tips on the topic. Here you can find out more about cash register systems and the tax office, about cash registers or EC terminals or EC card readers. Are you abroad? Then poshunter.com will help you.
- Industry experts, e.g. Tim Seithe von Tillhub, Lorenz Gröbner, Travis Beltrametti or Stefan Brehm give us meaningful interviews.
- In our FAQs you will find the most important questions and answers about POS systems and mobile card readers.
- You can also have the cash register systems listed by industry, so you know immediately which system is best for your café, corner shop or hairdressing salon.
- You can also find information about the most popular mobile payment providers here, e.g. Zettle, payment experts or SumUp.
- And of course you will find the opportunity to rate all mobile card readers and cash register systems on the respective introduction page.
POS systems in comparison
- What does a product design interview look like
- How many cups are 1,000 mg
- What is happening in Burma
- Which hobbies can become passion
- USA is a country
- Why does Einstein think time is relative
- Who created iFrames and when
- What is the google search engine
- What is the value of the Avogadro number
- What is the best school for me
- Who killed Jesus and why
- Are there still uninhabited islands on earth?
- What should I eat after sex?
- NDTV is funded by Anti-India Agencies
- Are people with preventable personality disorder unstable
- How much are uncut diamonds worth
- Bigger brains are smarter
- What kind of home insurance to buy
- How would you implement the quoras answer ranking
- How big is a stop sign
- Dealers in casinos make good money
- How deep can submarines go underwater?
- How can I make my penny big
- How should I treat my LGBTQ friends