What are the best restaurants in Switzerland
The selection of good restaurants in Switzerland is huge: from pizzerias to Thai restaurants, there is something for everyone. The Lunchgate restaurant platform has identified the most popular restaurants in Switzerland.
For this purpose, 70,000 reviews were evaluated, which were submitted by guests on the platform. You can only rate who has made a reservation through the system. This meant that only people could cast their votes who actually ate on site.
The evaluation was carried out in four categories: food quality, service quality, ambience and price-performance ratio. A total of 385 restaurants were awarded the Swiss Guest Award 2020, which is awarded with a rating of 4.5 out of 5 points. Over 40 of them even received the highest ratings of 4.9 points this year.
These are the 50 best restaurants voted by guests:
1. Wirtschaft zur Traube, Ottikon near Kemptthal ZH
With top ratings in all categories, the Wirtschaft zur Traube in Ottikon is the most popular restaurant in Switzerland. Here you will find seasonal, home-style cuisine. The guest reviews are enthusiastic and grateful. "The culinary oasis in the Zurich Oberland" places great value on hospitality and fine food. This combination has obviously paid off and secured the first place in the Swiss Guest Awards for Wirtschaft zur Traube.
2. Hertenstein Panorama Restaurant, Ennetbaden AG
The Hertenstein Panorama Restaurant promises a "cozy atmosphere with a view" as well as enjoyment and joie de vivre for its guests. With a view of the Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau, you can feast wonderfully there - depending on the weather, both inside and outside on the summer terrace.
3. Quellenhof, Rapperswil SG
“Swiss-Austrian hospitality” and high-quality menus characterize the Quellenhof in the heart of Rapperswil. Home-style cuisine and pressed house wines await the guests here - and a warm "Griass Gott" from the two innkeepers.
The Bluemä in Uznach, which is run with a lot of passion for gastronomy, relies on honest dishes and fresh, regional ingredients. A combination of tradition and seasonality can be found in the menus offered there.
5. Giusi's Bistro, Weinfelden TG
In the village center of Weinfelden, Giusi's Bistro offers Italian flair and modern gastronomy. Hearty menus are offered here, which guests really appreciate. From brunch to banquets, you can enjoy fine food and drinks in this restaurant.
6. Lindenhof, Altstätten SG
Those who like to stop off in family hospitality will like the Lindenhof in Altstätten: It is just as suitable for club events as it is for family celebrations or a spontaneous visit. Everyone is welcome here, and there is even a small playground for the youngest guests.
The Sonne restaurant in Leuggern offers home-style Swiss cuisine and places great value on fresh dishes. Guests can relax and enjoy themselves not only in the restaurant, but also in the modern lounge and on the garden terrace.
Homemade cuisine inspired by the Mediterranean - this is the concept that attracts the Felsenegg restaurant in Lucerne. Guests are welcomed “uncomplicated, friendly and personal” and can feast to their heart's content here.
The motto of the Krone restaurant is: "With us, the guest wears the crown", and we are happy to receive suggestions from our guests. The market-fresh cuisine and the range of wines ensure a pleasant stay. Seasonal and regional ingredients are used for the menus.
10. Zur Gedult, Burgdorf BE
The gourmet restaurant Zur Gedult is located in Burgdorf and has several awards, including a Michelin star. The guests can expect creative cuisine and enjoyable moments in a cozy and simple atmosphere. The multi-course menus change monthly.
These are the other restaurants from 11th to 50th
11. Krone Regensberg, Regensberg ZH
12. Pizzeria Ristorante Hofmatt, Kriens LU
15. Gasthaus zum Löwen, Rickenbach LU
17. Platanenhof, Kirchberg BE
18. Auenstube, Bassersdorf ZH
21st bridge, Niedergösgen SO
22. Ristorante Virtù, Zurich
23. Oliveiras restaurant, Lachen SZ
24. SimSim Restaurant, Zurich
25. Zunfthaus zur Waag, Zurich
26. Peter and Paul - Wildlife Park, St. Gallen
27. Economy for Peace, Schaffhausen
28. Lindenhof, Gundetswil ZH
29. Forst, Thunstetten BE
30. Haus zum Rüden Restaurant, Zurich
31. Hotel Restaurant National, Langendorf SO
33. Hans and Heidi, Wohlen AG
34. Winit's Thai Restaurant, Zurich
35. Etzliberg, Thalwil ZH
37. Rechberg 1837, Zurich
39. Quartierbeiz 13, Thun BE
41. Hirschen, Erlinsbach SO
42. White Cross, Schwarzenberg LU
43. Zebra Restaurant, Bern
44. Restaurant L'Auberge, Langenthal BE
46. Wirtshaus zum Herlisberg, Herlisberg LU
50. Gasthaus zur Blume, Magden AG
Switzerland has many other good restaurants to offer. We therefore wanted to know which BLICK readers' favorite bars are. We received numerous submissions.
The smell of freshly brewed coffee, fine pastries in an all-round relaxed atmosphere. This is how you imagine the perfect café. But where is that in Switzerland?
Zurich is currently going through a rollercoaster of emotions - at least when it comes to the weather. What to do when it pours from buckets? BLICK has selected the best bars and restaurants directly at the public transport stops for you.
- How should Harry Potter have ended?
- Why do newspaper sellers say extra
- What does a kestrel eat
- Why should companies promote innovation?
- Do women enjoy sex after 40
- How safe is SMS
- Where can I find a wedding dress
- Why should man love God?
- Can we run out of art ideas
- What do graphic designers do
- What's in sugar?
- How does penicillin help with diabetes
- Are submarines unsafe
- What does it mean to judge someone
- How do you say stay in Mandarin
- How obesity causes kidney cancer
- What is 4 in a billion
- What is the Home Buying Process
- What is Aristotle's fallacy
- Who offers the best WordPress hosting
- Why were iron and nickel colored
- What is your healthy food
- How chrome prevents corrosion
- Mary was a god