What is educational counseling
Goals and core tasks of educational counseling
Lifelong advice supports those responsible in Europe in achieving a number of common political goals (CEDEFOP 2005):
One goal is therefore efficient investment in education and training. The aim is to increase participation and graduation rates in education and training by improving the coordination of interests and skills of the individual with the educational offers.
Another aim is to improve work performance and motivation, as well as the retention rate in working life, and to reduce the time spent looking for work and unemployed. On the one hand, this is to be achieved by improving the coordination of competencies and interests of the individual with job and career development opportunities. On the other hand, by making individuals aware of current and future employment and educational opportunities as well as geographical and professional mobility.
Another goal is to promote lifelong learning. Continuous education and training is intended to support the personal development and employability of all citizens. Counseling should help to find the personal path, to discover transferable skills and to validate non-formal and informal education in view of the increasingly diverse but interlinked educational pathways.
Advice should also support the (re) integration of all citizens and groups - including third-country nationals - into the education system, society and the economy. The focus here is primarily on those who have difficulty accessing or understanding educational and professional information in order to achieve social inclusion, active citizenship, and a reduction in long-term unemployment and poverty cycles.
Counseling should also support citizens in overcoming gender-specific, ethnic, age-related, disability-related, social origin and institutional barriers in education and employment.
And last but not least, advice should promote higher employment rates and the further development of the workforce for the knowledge-based economy and society.
- Eating uncooked shrimp causes food poisoning
- What are chia seeds 7
- What's wrong with Fortnite
- How do I learn ancient Greek
- Can gravitational waves be bent by massive objects
- Make millennials the worst employees
- What foods reduce DHT
- What made Final Fantasy 7 so popular
- How is it beneficial to eat healthily
- How fast can the average person run
- What Are Some Amazing Space Facts 1
- Is haloperidol good for people with dementia
- What are your ten best qualities
- Why use pencils actually lead
- Are you listening to AM radio
- How is Google a profitable company
- Life is difficult in Vietnam
- What about after diabetes
- What are some healthy diet options
- What are columnar databases
- Why is money so important to human life
- Least black is a Malaysian workers company
- Is it great or sad to be you
- What is Duolingo's business model