What is Computational Physics and Its Applications
This textbook provides the reader with an up-to-date introduction to solving physical problems with the computer. The basics of computer use, programming and the most important numerical methods are discussed and illustrated using many examples and exercises with increasing relevance to physics. The focus is on the use of the Linux operating system and programming in C and Python.The most important part of the book comprises the projects in which the fundamentals discussed above are applied to different problems in physics. The projects contain many important examples from computer physics (including the oscillator and initial value problems) and discuss their applications in detail. This gives the reader the tools they need to independently solve physical problems with the help of the computer. Numerous exercises help you deepen what you have learned.
In addition to a large number of small additions and improvements, the second edition has been expanded to include an additional project chapter on the subject of data and signal analysis, whereby important topics such as statistical methods, filter methods and image analysis are dealt with.
This book is primarily intended for bachelor students in physics, but also for other natural science subjects. However, it can also be used by teachers and lecturers for their own preparation. This book does not require any previous knowledge of the field. Knowledge from basic physics lectures is only used in the projects.
- What is Spandrel Beam
- What would Enron have saved and why
- What happens when someone eats deadly nightshade
- Could dark energy be negative gravity
- What is a DOHC VTEC engine
- Emperor Emmanuel Church is a dangerous cult
- Why do I suddenly feel down
- It's dark matter
- Does Google AdWords really work
- How can tariffs lead to the loss of jobs
- Why are heart attacks becoming more common?
- What are the best alternatives to Kaltura
- Are diet sodas better than the regular ones
- What is a commemorative coin from 1749 worth
- How to make cookies without eggs
- What is the meaning of the original Rudraksha
- How's Winnipeg
- Is gun control propaganda
- Malaysians are tough people
- Who killed Jesus and why
- Rahul Gandhi educational degree
- Was Muhammad from Petra and not Mecca
- Use real chicken in KFC
- Do you think AirPods are overpriced?