How wide can stingrays get
Stingrays: Wanted poster in the animal lexicon
The stingray (Dasyatis) belongs to the family of the stingrays (Dasyatidae). They got this name because of their long tail with a poisonous sting. There are over 70 different species of these fish.
General information about stingrays
The stingray is very flat and mostly diamond-shaped. It is wider than it is long. Some species can be up to two and a half meters long and almost three meters wide. These fish have long, whip-like tails. There are one or more poisonous spines on it. Unlike most fish, they don't have scales, but rather rough skin with tiny teeth. The gills, i.e. the respiratory organs, are just like the mouth on the underside of the fish. The eyes are on the top.
What does a stingray eat?
Stingrays eat small marine animals such as fish, crabs, worms, snails and clams.
How does a stingray live?
These animals live predominantly on the sea floor. Some species prefer shallow water near the coast, others live at a depth of thirty meters. There are freshwater and saltwater species. Freshwater rays are found in South America in the Paraná and Amazonas rivers. The saltwater rays live in the Pacific, Indo-Pacific, South Atlantic and the Mediterranean.
Unlike almost all other fish, stingrays do not lay eggs. They are viviparous. The young do not develop in egg shells, but directly in the uterus.
Are stingrays at risk?
The stingray is threatened in many places by marine pollution and overfishing. Man takes his food from him by catching fish. Not all stingray species are equally at risk.
What is special about stingrays?
The special and at the same time dangerous thing about the stingray is the poisonous sting. With this he defends himself effectively against enemies. The sting is very painful because there are barbs on the stinger. It can cause serious injuries and it can also be fatal to humans. The Australian wildlife filmmaker Steve Irwin, for example, was stabbed right in the heart and died. One should not get too close to these animals and rather look at them from a distance as a diver.
- Scientific name: Dasyatis
- Length: up to 2.5 meters
- Width: up to 3 meters
- Habitat: Amazon, Paraná, Mediterranean, Pacific, Indo-Pacific, South Atlantic
- Diet: small marine animals such as fish, crabs, worms, snails and mussels
- The SQL programming language is easy to develop
- How does Blogspot make money
- The universe is a white hole
- Your SEO services include content marketing
- What are the rules for eminent personalities
- How much do truck drivers earn
- How should I solve physics circuits
- What are some examples of discrete variables
- How should I treat my LGBTQ friends
- What does major depression do to someone
- What do guys think of intelligent girls
- Why is beauty always preferred to the brain?
- Is time infinite 2
- Vegetarian foods contain chlorophyll
- How did you learn Mandarin
- Where to get the best floor cleaner 1
- Are female bodybuilders hornier than normal women
- What topic is not in Quora yet
- Who collects license fees for deceased artists
- Do you think Trump will be charged?
- How do humans perceive gravity?
- How is the rain probability calculated
- What are some alternatives to Fiverr
- Is Oman Saudi Arabia Canada
- It's all a lie
- What are flax seeds
- India is changing
- What are the best WordPress membership themes
- Respect garbage truck drivers
- What do worms eat and how
- How did Quora develop
- Which country is the iPhone from?
- Can Muslims attend a non-Muslim funeral
- Wash your eggs