How heavy is the heaviest person alive
Where the fattest people live
According to a study by the OECD, obesity is becoming a widespread disease worldwide. In comparison, Switzerland is still doing well.
In many countries, every second inhabitant is overweight. The organization is urging authorities and business to act quickly. Successful strategies against obesity are not expensive at all.
Researchers from the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) cite poor eating habits, stress and too little exercise as the reasons for the unhealthy development. In the 33 OECD countries, every second inhabitant and every third child is overweight.
In a comparison, Switzerland is still doing relatively well: But here too, 29 percent of all women, 46 percent of all men and 15 percent of all children (6 to 13 years old) are overweight. Before 1980, the proportion of morbidly fat people in most countries was well below ten percent, write the OECD experts.
$ 30 per person
"Severely obese people die about eight to ten years earlier than people of normal weight, and they are more likely to develop diseases such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease and cancer," warn the experts.
In dealing with the problem, the authors of the study call for a common strategy from governments and business. This would have to include health promotion, government regulation and care of obese patients by general practitioners. Obesity can be successfully combated with an expenditure of 10 to 30 US dollars per capita.
Obese with a BMI of over 30
By definition, adults with a body mass index (BMI) between 25 and 30 are considered overweight and those with a BMI over 30 are obese. The BMI is calculated from the weight divided by the square of the height. It indicates a person's weight in relation to their height.
SDA / jak
Found a bug? Report it now.
This article was automatically imported from our old editorial system to our new website. If you come across display errors, we ask for your understanding and a hint: [email protected]
- How do I claim Mars
- Which is the worst country
- Airport screeners scan for marijuana
- How to sharpen a hunting knife
- What are the different types of popcorn
- What does marketing mean
- The Thai massage ends with sex
- Are meteorites ever poisonous?
- What is medium 1
- What medical term without symptoms means
- Which font is used most often
- What are some examples of interview questions
- Can an Abrams tank be destroyed
- How is Nutralite Mayonnaise healthier than others
- How to make your own LUTs
- What percentage of the doctoral theses are groundbreaking?
- Why do you like Myanmar
- How can you report illegal immigrants
- What can you see through the window
- Am I addicted to Quora 1
- Which country welcomes more African immigrants?
- Game consoles will make a comeback
- What's the saddest thing about Singapore
- How does Donald Trump treat the waiters