Why is Ireland getting so racist
After cyber attack in Ireland - psychotherapists renew ePA criticism
Dublin. The Irish Health Service Executive (HSE) has been the target of a cyber attack. The health service announced on Twitter on Friday that they shut down their own IT systems as a precautionary measure after a “significant ransomware attack”. The situation will be examined further, it said.
The German Psychotherapist Network (DPNW) is taking the cyber attack as an opportunity to issue another warning against the storage of sensitive patient data on central servers. "It is not safe", the DPNW chairman Dieter Adler is quoted in a message. “We have been repeating this message like a mantra for years - over and over again. Unfortunately, the message does not get through to the Ministry of Health and the health politicians, ”continued Adler.
The DPNW rejects the central storage of patient data. "Data on psychotherapy belong in the practice of the psychotherapist, nowhere else," Adler told the "Ärzte Zeitung" in October. At the time, a hacker attack made headlines in Finland.
Are “international criminals” after health data?
It was initially unclear who was behind the latest hacker attack in Ireland. According to media reports, it is said to be "international criminals" who want to tap health data.
The safety of patients in Ireland is not at risk. Nevertheless, numerous hospitals in the country had to shut down as a result of the cyber attack, and routine appointments for the current week were canceled in many places. The operation in the emergency rooms continues, however, emphasized the Irish health service on Monday on Twitter. The corona vaccinations are also not affected by the incident. They should continue as planned.
In the Rotunda Clinic in Dublin, digitally stored patient data can no longer be accessed as a result of the cyber attack, as communicated by the clinic via Twitter. Patients at the maternity hospital are asked to bring any paper documents with them.
In so-called ransomware attacks, data on computers is encrypted. The attackers then usually demand a ransom for the release. (mu / dpa)
- How Netflix Amazon Prime selects their content
- What are some examples of CAD
- How does cancer affect your tastes
- Is Dua Lipa a lesbian
- Why do I suddenly feel highly intelligent
- What is Merging Data in Travel APIs
- What Makes Us Believe in God 1
- For what purpose does Quora offer blogs
- Why can people no longer spell correctly
- How does poverty affect illiteracy?
- Are Duolingo moderators paid
- How much are interns paid
- Is life possible on Mars and Venus
- What are the activities that destroy the ground
- Why are we lying to ourselves
- Have you ever lost your phone
- How are cubes made
- How can you share pictures on Quora
- What is the name of chia seeds in Bangla
- Which object best describes my personality
- Starfish are intelligent
- Miami has a good airport
- Is a residential building, residential or commercial building
- How do photons move in waves
- What happens when the cell is without DNA
- What does superficial relationship mean
- China becomes an innovator
- Are you happy with your life
- How do you rate a yacht
- How does the ClickBank University affiliate program work
- What are the least dangerous snakes
- How do I sell WordPress plugins
- A relationship can work without sex
- Is Creo useful for mechanical engineering