How do you say about it in Chinese
10 Facts About Chinese Everyone Should Know (Part 1)
Chinese has no tenses
That surprises most people. I often just say in general that Chinese has no grammar. Because the "grammar" only works if you have letters. I often hear sentences like: "May I say that Chinese is still very primitive?"
That sounds terrifying, but it is often because people who are familiar with a language system that exists in letters simply cannot imagine how a language could develop into any other greater complexity. With letters, a language will inevitably develop more complex language rules, since the letters are finite.
Since Chinese is based on characters and the characters are almost unlimited (I'd really like to know who really knows the 83,000 characters), the elegance and complexity of the language resides in unfamiliar characters. The word “red” alone in Chinese has more than 5 different expressions: 红 ， 赤 ， 朱 ， 绯 ， 丹… I think of 5 at once. Nor is it the case that a symbol is used only for a specific situation. Instead, a discerning person would use a more complex word for "red".
As a result, things like tenses in Chinese are completely unnecessary. If you put “yesterday” in a sentence, then it's the past. And if a word like "already" appears in a sentence, then it has already happened. The function of times is replaced by words in Chinese. And that's why there are no tenses and everything is expressed in infinitive:
I be going shopping yesterday.
Finished writing your homework Question mark?
We go tomorrow watch movies good not good?
These are all correct sentences! No wonder some people think Chinese is primitive!
- How does the Australian government treat illegal immigrants
- Which cities in the US have no racism?
- Give me some logical questions
- What is the psychology behind serial killers
- You can fortify homemade bread with vitamins
- Why is psychology interesting to you
- What is the underutilized feature of quoras
- Parents are bullied by other parents
- People are more than just a symbol
- How powerful was ancient China
- What are low carbohydrate high protein grains
- Why do people play dota
- How is social media engagement calculated
- How is the best protein powder made
- What is the best Instagram filter
- What attracts tourists to Vietnam
- What kind of stone is that
- What are the main segments in marketing
- What can China do for Hong Kong
- How do AirPods cause cancer
- Was Nietzsche a psychopath
- Does dark matter really exist 1
- How are mobile applications useful for businesses?
- Why is knowledge more powerful than money