What is the melting point of EDTA
EDTA tetrasodium salt (dihydrate)
|Molecular formula||C.10H12N2N / A4O8|
|CAS number||64-02-8 (10378-23-1 dihydrates)|
|Brief description||White dust|
|Molar mass||380.2 (416.23 dihydrate) gmol−1|
|density||0.71 g cm−3|
|Melting point||> 300 ° C|
|boiling point||> 400 ° C (decomposition)|
easily soluble in water
3030 mg kg−1 (oral, rat)
|As far as possible and customary, SI units are used. Unless otherwise noted, the data given apply to standard conditions.|
Tetrasodium ethylenediaminetetraacetate is the sodium salt of EDTA and an intermediate product in the manufacture of various substances. It also acts as a pesticide and is also used as a grease remover, i.e. as a detergent.
Extraction and presentation
It is obtained by the cyanomethylation of ethylenediamine with sodium cyanide and formaldehyde.
EDTA is used as an intermediate product and complexing agent for various syntheses (photo chemicals, chemical products, household chemicals, waxes, cosmetics). It also works as a degreaser and is used as a detergent. In 1999 almost 35,000 tons of it were used in Western Europe.
- AIS (1987). Assessing the effects of using EDTA in laundry detergents. Report of the Environmental Security Working Group of the AIS.
- AWWR (1999). Working group of the waterworks on the Ruhr. Report on the 13th EDTA conversation, September 2, 1999.
- Van Ginkel and Stroo (2000). Toxicity of EDTA to Activated Sludge. Final Research Report August 9, 2000.
Categories: Harmful Substance | Amine | Sodium compound | acetate
- How did the financial crisis end in 2008
- What is the average checkout conversion rate
- What causes craters on the moon
- What is your favorite Rajasthan kitchen
- Is Pakistan a good country for backpackers?
- How do you become super thin quickly
- Support Donald Trump Why
- How old can red-legged turtles live
- How do I sell on the Lazada Marketplace
- What replaces Craigslist's staff
- Why is Fortnite free
- Can foods cure high blood pressure
- What makes someone a good surveyor?
- How do you sell or buy something
- Which languages use the rolling R.
- Kurds are nice
- What are good examples of digital banking
- Gemstones are cheaper than diamonds
- What was your best financial decision
- What is Business to Customer Marketing
- What weapons are banned in Australia
- What causes mental deterioration
- Is Scrabble more about strategy or knowledge
- Why not stop European countries accepting immigrants