Is Eating Shrimp Good For Health?
Shrimp: These vitamins are in it
Vitamins at a glance
Value per 100 g
Vitamin A (retinol equivalent)
Vitamin B1 (thiamine)
Vitamin B2 (riboflavin)
Niacin (vitamin B3)
Vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid)
Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine)
Biotin (vitamin B7)
Folic acid (vitamin B9)
Vitamin B12 (cobalamin)
Vitamin E (alpha tocopherol)
Shrimp are a good source of the following vitamins
Shrimp are rich in Vitamin E.. With an amount of 100 g you can absorb up to 4000 µg of the vitamin.
The vitamin is present in the membranes of all body cells. It acts as an antioxidant and protects fatty acids from being damaged by aggressive molecules. It also inhibits inflammatory processes and stimulates the immune system. A deficiency in the vitamin can lead to impaired vision and coordination as well as a disease of the nervous system.
The recommended daily dose is 13,000 µg, which corresponds to an amount of 325 g of shrimp. This amount is based on a healthy adult. Pregnant and breastfeeding women have an increased need for vitamin E. For people who are 65 years of age or older, however, a lower dose of vitamin E is recommended.
The loss of light and heat with vitamin E is up to 10 percent.
There are also large amounts of Vitamin B3 in shrimp. An amount of 100 g contains 2430 µg of the vitamin. Niacin is important for many metabolic processes in the human body. The vitamin supports biochemical processes that are used to generate energy in the cells. If there is a deficiency in vitamin B3, the symptoms can be very different. The feeling of general weakness and skin inflammation may occur. A very pronounced vitamin B3 deficiency can even lead to neurological disorders.
The recommended daily dose is 15,000 µg, which corresponds to an amount of 617 g of shrimp. This value applies to adults, seniors and breastfeeding women. The reference values are also similar for children and adolescents. A higher vitamin B3 value is recommended for pregnant women.
Leaching in water can lead to minor losses of vitamin B3.
The most important minerals at a glance
Value per 100 g
That's how many calories there are in shrimp
Value per 100 g
- Is brain tumor curable in the second stage
- Why don't you drink alcoholic beverages?
- What are some Apache Cassandra interview questions
- What is Locke's Subtratum
- Is tuberculosis a communicable disease
- Kurkure is a junk food
- Americans read British newspapers
- Will there be another ice age?
- How can tariffs lead to the loss of jobs
- How are church bells made these days
- Will the AUD rise against the USD in 2020?
- How do you say people in Tagalog
- What information do business cards contain
- What helped you most at AFROTC
- Might beat Cory Booker Donald Trump
- What is Mark Zuckerberg's email address
- How much milk can a sheep produce
- Is she your only one
- What are some good healthy breakfast meals
- Is happiness synonymous with being rich?
- What is your blogging career like
- What are some safe cleaning products
- Can I be a male lesbian?
- Which genre is better rap or rock