Which cities start with the letter H.
There are only two generally recognized states on earth that begin with the letter H in our spelling. A correct answer to a question about a country with an H at the beginning would be:
|country||Long form of the state name||Capital||Location, continent||population|
|Haiti||Republic of Haiti||Port-au-Prince||Caribbean||11 million|
|Honduras||Republic of Honduras||Tegucigalpa||Central America||9.2 million|
Haiti, in the local language Haitian Repiblik d Ayiti, gained independence from France on January 1, 1804. Together with the Dominican Republic, Haiti shares the island of Hispaniola, with Haiti occupying only a third of the total area of Hispaniola. At 27,750 km², Haiti is not quite as big as Brandenburg.
The capital Port-au-Prince is the largest city in the country with around 875,000 inhabitants. Other larger cities are Carrefour (430,000), Delmas (360,000), Pétionville (270,000) and Cité Soleil (240,000).
Honduras, in the national language Spanish Republic of Honduras, is around three times the size of Baden-Württemberg at 112,090 km². The Central American country borders on Nicaragua, El Salvador and Guatemala, as well as the Caribbean Sea to the east and the Pacific Ocean to the southwest.
The largest city is the capital Tegucigalpa with approx. 1,050,000 inhabitants. San Pedro Sula (640,000), La Ceiba (190,000) and Choloma (185,000) are the other major cities in the country.
Regions, provinces, and states with H
In addition to the two states mentioned, there are a number of states and regions in different countries that also begin with H. For city, country, river, these would not be "official solutions", but whether these may be mentioned can be discussed in advance. The respective capital is shown in brackets.
In the USA, this would be the island chain and state Hawaii (Honolulu) in the Pacific Ocean.
In China there are several provinces with an H in our spelling. Hainan (Haikou), Hebei (Shijiazhuang), Heilongjiang (Harbin), Henan (Zhengzhou), Hubei (Wuhan) and Hunan (Changsha).
In Sweden, the historic provinces of Halland, Hälsingland and Häme in Finland can be listed.
Holland, as part of the Netherlands, is mentioned many times, but has been spread across the Dutch provinces of North and South Holland since 1840.
England is divided into counties. Hampshire (Winchester) and Hertfordshire (Hertford) could be named here.
Our North Sea island Heligoland is of course not a country and cannot even begin to be regarded as a country.
- Is the Redmi Note 7 Pro durable
- What is a DevOps role
- Someone eats coffee grounds
- Do people really have sex with animals
- Any MOOC for SAS
- Why should you trust a politician
- What is Ketuanan Melayu in Malaysia
- How do I become a Freemason 1
- Where was your first job
- How do paid viewpoints work
- What are Veteran's Assisted Living Benefits
- Can cirrhosis lead to pancreatic cancer
- What's the best life lesson you've learned
- Prevent screen savers from being burned in
- What is it like to be an INTP
- Is Amazon FBA Profitable In 2019 1
- How many primary colors are there
- Cricket is a very unpopular game
- Who discovered the electric charge and how
- Donald Trump owns the Trump Tower
- Can foreigners visit other countries without documentation
- What is special about Area 51
- Can Donald Trump take criticism
- How was Africa affected by imperialism?