How many farmers are there in California?
US farms are growing
Economy on Thursday, 02/27/2014 - 06:28 (comment now)
This is an article from the top topic:
There are fewer and fewer farms in the United States. In return, the existing farms are getting bigger and more productive.
Every five years the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) collects comprehensive data on US agriculture (Census of Agriculture). The survey found that there were 2.1 million farms in the United States in 2012. Compared to 2007, this corresponds to a minus of 4.3 percent.
The largest number of establishments is in Texas (248,810), followed by Missouri (99,170) and Iowa (88,631). The agricultural area has decreased by around 3 million hectares since 2007. On average, each farm cultivated around 175 hectares in 2012, 8 hectares more than in 2007.
Farmers an average of 58.3 years old
In the USA, too, farmers are getting older: in 2012, the average age was 58.3 years. In 1982 it was 50.5 years. The number of female farm managers has decreased by 6 percent to 288,269 since 2007.
US farmers are becoming more and more productive
In 2012, 75 percent of the establishments had incomes below $ 50,000. Four percent of the companies generated more than one million US dollars. US farms are becoming increasingly productive: in 2012, each farmer produced an average of $ 187,093 worth of food. Compared to 2007, this corresponds to an increase of 52,286 US dollars.
Total agricultural production in 2012 amounted to 394.6 billion US dollars, 97 billion US dollars more than in 2007. In 2012, crop production (212.4 billion US dollars) exceeded animal production in terms of value (182.2 billion US dollars). Dollar). This only happened the second time after 1974.
- Survey: Farmers invest in machinery and stable construction (January 28) ...
- 2013: Fewer farms in almost the same area (January 20) ...
- Is Islam the best religion for women
- Can guinea pigs swim?
- Is node js dead
- What are Brute Truths About Freelance Work
- What are the weaknesses of IBM
- What is the most expensive pen
- Insurance companies can be scammed
- What is a better diet or regular soda
- Can I start with 0 dropshipping
- What is the square root of 44 444
- How to pronounce Haile Selassie
- Are Indians respected outside of India
- Are there lions in Sri Lanka
- Can whites be racist
- What are Chinese characteristics
- Can Barack Obama ever be president again?
- What inspired you to cook
- Can quantum gravity explain dark matter?
- When did the exploration of Mars begin?
- Can obesity be avoided even in poverty
- Who are the enemies of Malaysia
- Are heart rate monitors bad for you
- How do I sign out of Quora blogs
- How many sides do tetrahedral cubes have?