How do I get rid of diabetes
New study Type 2 diabetes: lower blood sugar with a specific diet
Type 1 or Type 2 Diabetes?
Type 1 diabetes, which often occurs in children and adolescents, only affects around five percent of all "diabetics". 95 percent of all diabetics, especially adults over 40 years of age, suffer from type 2 diabetes - often as a result of years of poor diet and lack of exercise. And that usually means taking pills or injecting insulin for a lifetime.
Those who lose weight can stop type 2 diabetes
For a long time people thought: once diabetes, always diabetes. But a study by British researchers has shown that a significant proportion of all type 2 diabetics could get rid of the disease - with more exercise and a change in diet alone.
Almost 800 participants between the ages of 20 and 65 who had only been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes six years earlier took part in the study. The study participants were divided into two groups. One group was put on a radical diet. For three months, the test subjects only received nutrient shakes with almost 900 calories a day and additional exercise training. There was psychological care to support them. The other group did not receive any diet.
At the end of the study, the diet group had lost an average of ten kilograms, the control group only one kilogram.
Anyone who had lost at least 15 kilograms had an 86 percent chance of being able to do without their diabetes medication entirely. Anyone who lost up to seven kilograms had a seven percent chance of achieving this goal.
Tips for a successful change in diet for type 2 diabetes
- Avoid white flour and sugar if possible, as they cause blood sugar to rise too quickly. Instead, it is better to use wholemeal bread or wholemeal pasta.
- Reduce the side dish and take one more serving of vegetables. 500 grams of vegetables, mushrooms and nuts per day are ideal.
- Avoid fast food and ready-made products as much as possible, because they usually contain large amounts of hidden sugars. Just like lemonades or fruit juices. Instead, drink water or unsweetened teas.
- Eat less protein-rich meat, instead eat protein in the form of legumes, nuts, fish or dairy products.
- Take several hour breaks between the three main meals, because only then can the body switch to fat burning.
- Eat consciously: chew slowly, take small bites, take breaks.
Even small lifestyle changes are good for your health.
- How are casino dice made
- Are pennies magnetic
- How is France a mixed economy?
- What is the capital of Bangkok
- Eating frogs fish
- Why were Japanese tanks so bad in WWII
- Malaysia is poorer than China
- What are the most common mispronounced brand names
- What would be considered rapid weight loss
- How did you celebrate the new year 2019
- UK employers recognize Canadian work experience
- What are Christmas candles
- Smoked food causes cancer
- When does inflation occur
- Why is chiropractic ridiculed and disregarded
- Are symbols important in Christianity
- What's your experience with Ginkgo Biloba
- How to sell books on Amazon
- What causes male baldness
- Why do people commit mass shootings
- Most Britons are afraid of guns
- When will Mexico become a developed country?
- Can milk powder replace milk
- Which protocol do USB keyboards use