Where can I donate leftover food
Donate, swap or give away the rest of the food
The opened muesli, the cheese close to the best before date (BBD) or leftover fruit and vegetables can be saved from the bin and at the same time help other people. Saving food is now widespread. A variety of initiatives offer different ways to donate or give away leftover food.
Which food can be donated?
Whether frozen products, canned food, fresh fruit or vegetables: food donations can include all conceivable product groups. Food close to the best before date or bread from the day before can also be handed in. Some institutions also take products that have passed their best-before date. However, these should be specially marked so that they can be used up quickly.
The situation is different with foods that have a use-by date. Meat or sausage products whose use-by date has passed may no longer be passed on or consumed for health reasons.
Open or opened goods such as corn flakes packs, sugar bags and rice bags can then be donated if they have been stored protected from dust, moisture and insects.
Where can I hand in groceries?
Social institutions such as the food banks or initiatives of the large social associations (e.g. Caritas, Volkssolidarität, Red Cross, AWO and Diakonie) help those in need with food. Whether soup kitchens for the homeless, supplies to refugee homes or social markets: Leftover food becomes doubly valuable when it benefits poor people.
In addition, many independent initiatives and associations have been founded in recent years that pursue a common goal: Saving food. Established nationwide z. B. www.foodsharing.de. Food baskets can be given away via the internet platform or food savers can be made available in fair-divider refrigerators.
In large cities, more and more trading rings for the distribution of food are being formed. Contact z. B. at www.tauschring.de to save food in your neighborhood.
Contact details of smaller, regional and private institutions are usually entered in the local business directory.
- How do you say in Japanese today
- Is bubble tea healthy?
- To what extent is the universe expanding?
- How does your wife make you happy?
- How can I look chic and beautiful
- Why did jobs in the IT sector decline?
- What is the name of a person from Kuching
- What makes Arizona State University Tempe so special
- Which credit card is best
- What is 1000 2 5 0
- How to make perfect pot brownies
- Can we turn the time around?
- What is a relationship in real life
- Why is there only life on earth?
- What are Plato's dialogues
- Which scents do women feel attracted to?
- Can I earn from WordPress Blog
- Is there racism why in Canada
- How would countries study refugees effectively
- What is the respect between antimatter and matter
- How do I get my IQ tested
- Will the world be westernized someday
- What is the most covered song of all
- What qualifies you for bariatric surgery
- Type 2 diabetes can lead to death
- Which is better antimatter or dark matter
- What British traditions need to end
- Where and how do I learn to hack
- People who are lazy are just depressed
- Will the UK enter a recession soon?
- Did Jesus misunderstand the golden rule?
- Why did BTS have to disband
- Is a creative resume an acceptable resume