Why are SEO tools important
Why do I need technical SEO?
What is technical SEO?
Technical SEO is a sub-area of search engine optimization. It deals with the technically flawless and user-friendly implementation of your website. The technical optimization of your website has two overarching goals:
- The Visitors can navigate your website as easily and with as few errors as possible close. This contributes to a better user experience and positive user signals.
- The Search engine crawlers have the most comprehensive, clearly structured and easy access to your website possible enable. This contributes to a better understanding of your website by the search engines and, thanks to the improved user-friendliness, leads to better rankings and more traffic.
Without a technically flawless site, neither your visitors (and potential customers) nor the crawlers can move around without problems. Or they won't even arrive on your website.
Why is technical SEO important?
Just imagine: A mobile user clicks on a search result and your page loads. And loads.
As a rule, people are not particularly patient when it comes to page loading. This is especially true when you surf with your smartphone. If the page load takes longer than 3 seconds, over 40% of the users are gone again - and mostly do not come back. Because the user experience suffers drastically from long loading times. Not only because the patience breaks, but also because the long loading time is in many cases related to image files that are much too large, which increases the data consumption of mobile users.
This aspect of technical SEO, called page speed, has been a ranking factor for desktop since 2010 and an official ranking factor for mobile search since July 2018.
Speaking of mobile: The ability to display a website on mobile devices has been an official ranking factor since 2015, because more and more people are surfing on their smartphones and tablets. This is hardly surprising when you look at the following graphic. E-commerce in particular has a growing customer base who makes their purchases on the go:
In order for your own website or online shop to have a chance in the mobile search results, the technical implementation must be right.
Page speed and mobile-friendly websites are just two examples of why technical SEO is vital in the online world.
The crawlers have a similar experience, by the way: Imagine if your entire domain or some of your most important URLs are accidentally marked with ‘noindex’. This means that the crawlers are prohibited from including the respective URL in the index of the search engine. Then it does not appear in the search results of Google & Co and you lose high traffic potential.
Would you like to know more about what crawlers are, how they capture your website, how they behave and how you can control it? Then check out our all-in-one compass articles! Learn how to control the crawling of your website and optimize the crawl budget.
How do I do technical SEO?
Of course, in order to keep your website in perfect technical condition, you first have to know it. To do this, you do a so-called Technical SEO Audit - a kind of technical inventory of your website.
It would be tedious to manually check the entire website for errors on a regular basis. You don't have to either. There are numerous SEO tools out there to help you with technical SEO.
Must-use SEO tools for technical SEO:
|Google Search Console||Search Console's tools and reports can help you measure your website's Google search traffic, performance, and troubleshooting.|
|Bing Webmaster Tools||Bing Webmaster provides intuitive, public tools that open up a wide range of ways to work with your website.|
|Google Lighthouse||Google Lighthouse is an automated tool for improving the quality of websites. It has audits for performance, accessibility, progressive web applications, and more.|
|Google Mobile Friendly||Google Mobile Friendly is examining a URL for mobile optimization. You will get a view of the URL on a mobile device, as well as a list of all problems found.|
|Google Page Speed||The PageSpeed Insights API (PSI) reports on a page's performance on mobile and desktop devices and provides suggestions on how that page can be improved.|
Comprehensive SEO tools, such as the XOVI Suite, map the technical status of your site with just a few clicks. You can see every error directly, get an assessment of how urgent it is to fix it and you can easily export and process your to-do list.
Above all, one thing is important: Technical search engine optimization is not a one-time action, but an ongoing process. Because a website is like a house, after the new building comes the maintenance with small and large defects, renovation and refurbishment measures and maybe one or the other extension or conversion.
Technical SEO in everyday work
Integrate technical SEO into your workflow. Depending on the size of the project, it is sufficient to oil the gears of your website for a few hours once a month. For example, if you run a small blog. For an online shop with significant financial dependencies, you should ideally look for the right thing every week and, above all, fix major errors immediately. Tools like the XOVI Suite allow you to create alerts that notify you immediately.
The entry into technical SEO
- What are the myths about intellectual property
- Can cause fast food ulcers
- Is the time a one-dimensional string
- Is geology a prestigious degree
- What is the best way for nutrition
- Does Charles Schwab cryptocurrency trading
- What is a code snippet in programming
- How cute is your dog
- Are the Finns really shy?
- Can someone give me some relationship advice 1
- Who is the richest person in Panama
- What are the attractions in Penang
- Can Europe become climate neutral by 2050
- What is the side U in math
- Why is America no longer like China?
- Would you rather live in Logan's Run?
- Mention the Elohim Bible
- What are cheap products things in the UK
- Can spiritual awakenings take place during sleep?
- How similar is Canada to the USA
- What are you doing during the Christmas break
- How many ounces are in 287 grams
- Who is more beautiful a Taiwanese or Hong Konger?
- How can we identify a WordPress blog