Will kill popularity quora
Free Website Traffic: 35 Tips To Boost Traffic To Your Website
Traffic is the lifeblood of any blog.
If you don't get enough traffic it eventually dies and all your efforts that you put into blogging will be in vain. Most bloggers believe that by creating more blog posts, they can get more traffic to their blogs. It was true 10 years ago when there was no competition.
Once our website is online, we implement Google Analytics or other traffic tracking software on our website with the intention that we will see hundreds of visitors to our website from day one. However, this only happens when you start a website around a big brand or do a lot of promoting your new website.
So we have to work really hard to get our website traffic from zero to 100 and then from 100 to 1000 every day.
In this in-depth article, I'm going to share some incredible tips that website owners and bloggers can use to increase traffic to their websites and blogs for free.
Table of Contents
- How To Increase Your Website Traffic For Free: 35 Amazing Ways
- 1. Write quality content, but do keyword research first
- 2. Be active on social bookmarking websites
- 3. Update your old blog posts (hint: use SEMrush)
- 4. Start writing on Quora
- 5. Get traffic from the second largest search engine in the world
- 6. Write guest posts
- 7. Work as an expert on discussion forums
- 8. Blog comments still work if you do it wisely
- 9. Reach bloggers the smart way
- 10. Create an email list
- 11. Reuse the content of your blog
- 12. Facebook fan page
- 13. Twitter profile
- 14. Webinars are a great way to position yourself as an expert (and get more traffic).
- 15. Conduct informative interviews with influencers
- 16. Use Facebook ads
- 17. Optimize your blog posts for SEO
- 18. Use your email signature intelligently
- 19. Focus on on-site optimization
- 20. Update your old blog posts
- 21. Speed up your website
- 22. Create freebies
- 23. Use the "poster boy" formula to blow up your blog traffic
- 24. Write blog posts that are data backed
- 25. Reach other bloggers strategically
- 26. Run freebies
- 27. Instagram is the new king
- 28. Promote Pinterest traffic
- 29. Use Buffer to promote your content on social media
- 30. Create slide show presentations
- 31. Run seminars
- 32. To be interviewed by others
- 33. Use HARO
- 34. Add a forum to your site
- 35. Find and post the websites that do weekly post roundups
- The 7 point checklist for increasing your overall website traffic
- Final thoughts
How To Increase Your Website Traffic For Free: 35 Amazing Ways
1. Write quality content, but do keyword research first
Quality content is king, there's no doubt about it, but have you ever asked yourself a question? Why aren't you getting any traffic from Google even after creating great content?
The reason for this is that most people don't do keyword research at all. This is the most important thing to get traffic from the search engines.
As you know, more content means more traffic to your website. You should therefore look for ways to post more content on your website on a regular basis. It would be great if you could add 2-3 new articles to your website in your website niche.
Before writing articles on a topic, you should do some keyword research on the keyword that you want to target in this article.
Always research your primary keywords using the Google Keyword Planner (free) or another keyword research tool.
The idea here is to come up with the best, low competition, high keyword volume keywords. That way, you can get more traffic from the search engines for your desired keywords.
Here are some tips on how to do keyword research properly:
- Use Google's auto-suggest tool to your advantage (i.e. enter the keyword you want to rank for). There are a lot of keywords when it is high in volume. Choose the best one among them.
- Focus on your competitors' Alexa toolbar. Check if you can use any of the top rated keywords and try to write detailed articles or pages using those keywords. I bet you will get the best results.
- Use long-tail keywords over short-tail keywords. (Example: Try using "Increase Website Traffic" versus "Website Traffic".) You tend to get more traffic from long-tail keywords.
2. Be active on social bookmarking websites
When you think your website content is good enough to be shared on social networks, start sharing it on social bookmarked websites. If the content on your website is good, other people on social bookmarking websites will want to read, share, vote, and comment on it.
By submitting our website articles to these websites, we can drive instant traffic to our website, index the website content faster, build brands, and create high quality backlinks for better search engine rankings.
So I would suggest that you post some interesting articles from your website on top social bookmarking networks like Digg, Delicious, Reddit, Google Plus, Humsurfer, etc.
If one of your articles goes viral on these networks, you could even get 10,000 hits from these social bookmarking websites on your website in a single day.
3. Update your old blog posts (hint: use SEMrush)
Do you want more traffic to your website without creating more content?
One of the best ways to increase your website traffic for free is to update your old blog posts. Most people don't understand the importance of updating their existing content. But if done right, your old content can bring you massive search engine traffic.
Quick tip: If you want to increase your website traffic by updating your old blog posts, there is one thing you should know: Know when to update. You can use Google Analytics to find all the poorly performing posts.
If a post has stopped bringing traffic from Google for a year or more, you can get to work either by removing it or updating it with new information.
That being said, here are some tips on how to update your old blog posts to increase traffic to your website.
- The easy way to get more traffic to your old content to get, consists in it to access SEMrush . It's the best SEO tool that can help you find more profitable keywords and backlinks to attract more visitors.
- Always find your top 10 traffic generating blog posts and work on them regularly (every 3 months) with new keywords and new content.
Use images, link to relevant sources, and make sure you consistently link your top 10 blog posts (you can use Google Analytics to find your top 10 posts) to drive traffic to Increase your website.
- Look for broken links. The dead links on your old blog posts can affect your website's SEO and even lead to punishment. So make sure you find broken links and replace them with working links while you update posts.
- Delete, update or merge. Use this formula as you update your old blog posts. If an old post is completely out of date, delete it, update it, or merge it with a similar topic (by redirecting your URL).
4. Start writing on Quora
Quora is the world's leading Q&A platform where you can get the best answers to any question.
If you are new to Quora, you are missing out on a HUGE opportunity to drive traffic to your website.
Aside from that, you can also use Quora to reply to your blog topics and get more exposure as you get more upvotes (just like Facebook likes it).
Also, follow me on Quora if you want to generate more search engine queries as I mainly write about Quora related to SEO topics so that it can be useful.
Quora is an excellent place to come up with new post ideas and conduct competitive analysis. Here are some quick tips to get more traffic to your sites from Quora.
- Pick broad topics to start answering (if you're just getting started). You tend to get more views, so you get more positive votes. This will give you enough confidence to spend more time on Quora. You can then answer questions on your own blog topics.
- Follow bloggers who are already killing it on Quora. This makes it easy for you to find topics that are in great demand. You can also network with other bloggers to build close relationships with others and increase traffic to your website.
- Write at least 3 to 5 really good answers to Quora every day. That way, you can be consistent and get more upvotes, views, and even brand awareness.
- Always provide links to your published blog posts while replying to Quora. Instead of copying all of your content, you need to use relevant information and add a link (to your existing post) at the bottom of your Quora answer. This is a great way to get more people to visit your website from Quora.
- Stop spamming. Added value. This is how you can get the most out of the Quora platform.
5. Get traffic from the second largest search engine in the world
YouTube is currently the second largest search engine in the world. Here are some quick facts that will make you say wow on YouTube.
YouTube processes more than 3 billion searches a month. Thousands of hours of video are uploaded every minute. It's bigger than Bing, Yahoo! Ask and AOL together. Without a doubt, YouTube is one of the biggest search engines that you cannot ignore.
Did you know that videos under 2 minutes typically get more views on YouTube? In the screenshot below, you can find YouTube stats that fascinate you.
How to bring visitors from YouTube to your website to increase your traffic. Here are some tips from the pros to get you started.
- Start a YouTube channel with your name (or the name of your blog). Make sure to use keywords (with title, meta description and tags) when uploading videos. This way, your videos will be easily found when someone enters a relevant keyword.
- Experiment a lot. While doing video marketing on YouTube, you need to experiment with posting frequency, video length, etc. to understand what is best for increasing your website traffic.
- Always make sure to add links to your websites using YouTube annotations or meta description data. Otherwise, you will be wasting your traffic from YouTube. Also, ask people to visit your websites while they are watching your videos.
- Your video titles play a huge role. So try to spend as much time as you can creating rocking tiles for your videos. You can use free tools like Portent to create a ton of rockin 'headlines for your YouTube videos and get more traffic to your websites.
6. Write guest posts
Next, I would recommend guest posting on top blogs in your niche. You should make a list of the most popular blogs in your niche website and contact them with the intention of guest posting on their blogs.
Most bloggers will answer positively because blogs need a lot of new content on the target topics. Once a blogger shows interest in accepting your guest post, be sure to write a quality guest post that fits that blog niche and follow the guidelines of those blog owners that you should follow when guest blogging on that blog.
Once your guest post is published, make sure to share it on any social networks you are active on and respond to incoming comments on your guest post.
You get a lot of additional benefits aside from getting instant traffic from guest blogging. Depending on your writing style and the popularity of the blog your guest post is actually published on, expect a single guest post to be just a few clicks out of 1000 plus visits to your website.
Did you know that Danny Iny from Fire Pole Marketing built a seven-figure online business with just ONE advertising strategy - “guest post”?
Guest blogging is still the most powerful advertising strategy that can help you increase your blog traffic.
7. Work as an expert on discussion forums
Blogging forums are great fun when you know what you're talking about. There are plenty of new bloggers out there asking questions and looking for quality answers.
When you have some time, try to respond to it and share your knowledge. Not only will this help them, but it will also help you get more traffic. If someone finds your answers interesting, they will find a way to get in touch with you.
There are thousands of active discussion forums like Blokube, Biz Sugar, Indiblogger, etc., so you end up with only a few discussion forums active in your website niche. You should start replying to open threads for which you have a solution. Most discussion forums allow you to add a few links to your website in the signature sections.
If people find your solution really helpful, they may visit your website to learn more about you and your website services. You should not remember to spam these forums with unrelated self-promotion links. If you do so, your account will be banned from this discussion forum.
You can expect some SEO traffic and backlinks for your website from discussion forums that fit your website niche.
8. Blog comments still work if you do it wisely
When I started blogging, commenting on other relevant blogs was the number 1 strategy for me to drive traffic to my blog. I used to find many relevant blogs in my industry, read their blog posts carefully, and leave comments that add to their conversation.
I used to be the top commenter on most blogs (including the first commenter) so others clicked my blog's link to visit my website. This is exactly what you need to do if you want blog comments to work for you to bring more traffic to your website.
The two reasons most people don't get traffic from blog comments:
- They don't add value to their comments. Instead, they just say "nice article and blah blah" or start a discussion in the comments.
- They are usually the last to leave blog comments on a post. If a post gets 50 comments on a top blog and you are the 51st to post a new comment, it will be ignored. So try to be one of the first to comment by adding value. Subscribe to your favorite blogs to get updates when they post something new.
Action tip: Make a list of 50 A-lists and top blogs in your industry. Use google search terms like "top blogs + marketing" (replace your blog's topic field) to find great blogs in your field. Subscribe to their blog updates and leave insightful comments.
9. Reach bloggers the smart way
Blogger reach simply means reaching out to other bloggers via email, social media, or in person to help them. But most people get it wrong: they think bloggers are about getting something from others, but it's not.
It's about offering help in advance. Blogger Reach is the most effective way to increase traffic to your websites as it will help you.
- Get more backlinks
- Get more social shares
- Get more website traffic and a lot more
Here you go! Blogger outreach is about helping others first and getting help later. It's a win / win approach where both of you win.
But how can you effectively reach out to other bloggers without sounding like an idiot to increase traffic to your website? Here are some blogger contact tips to help you out.
- Get access to the right tools like Ninja Outreach to make it easier for you to reach and track your campaigns. You need to keep track of your open emails and find ways to keep track of them regularly to keep in touch.
- Before seeking help, build relationships. Follow them on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram. Make sure to leave comments on their posts. Buy their books and products (if any) and give honest feedback. This way, you will build strong relationships with influencers who will come in handy in the long run.
- Write effective emails. Show real interest. Add as much value as possible to your emails while connecting with other bloggers. Instead of asking for help, write compelling subject lines. Here's How You Can Get Successful With The Blogger Outreach Strategy.
- Last but not least: be gentle. Do not hurry. Things take time, so don't bombard your email with wasting your time. Once the connection is broken, it's really difficult to regain momentum with the same blogger or influencer.
10. Create an email list
Pat Flynn, you know his name, right?
He's the guy who makes over $ 100,000 every month from his email list (mostly through affiliate marketing). In addition, he uses his email list to get more traffic, build a more loyal audience, and generate more sales.
An email list can be an ATM if done right. So don't ignore building an email list when looking for ways to create a profitable blog. Here are some things that you will need in order to build an email list to increase traffic and sales for your website.
Choose the right tool: You need a suitable email autoresponder to start building your email list. If you're just starting out, a free service like MailChimp would be enough (you can build up to 2000 email subscribers for free).
However, if you are looking for ways to automate your email list for email sequences, sending shows, using newsletters, etc. I recommend Drip (it's the same service I'm using right now).
Learn how to convert: When building an email list, you need to learn how to convert your visitors into email subscribers.
The easiest way to do this is to use content upgrades or provide free content like videos, eBooks, tools and plugins, etc. You can also run freebies to quickly get your random website visitors to join your email list.
Use the Email List to Increase Your Website Traffic: Whenever you publish a new blog post, you can simply send an email with a link to your entire list.
Use a catchy subject line to get more email open rates. Bloggers do this all the time. Just make sure that you are NOT bombarding their email inboxes by leaving them out too often.
11. Reuse the content of your blog
I have a pro tip for you if you want your content to reach a wider audience.
Reuse the content of your blog. What is this exactly? It's simply the process of converting your existing content into multiple media.
For example, you can convert your blog posts into videos, infographics or PDFs (and distribute them through these channels) in order to reach new audiences on different platforms. This is known as repurposing your content.
Here are some of the strategies I personally use to reuse the content of my blog to increase traffic to my website and increase awareness.
- Convert to PDF: You can use your blog posts or video content to convert it to PDF. There are tons of free PDF directories that you can upload to for other email and retrieve your PDF files.
You can also use internal links in your PDF files to drive more visitors to your websites.
- Transform into infographics: Infographics are connection magnets. They will attract a ton of backlinks if the infographics are compelling and valuable. You can turn your favorite posts into infographics.
You can use free tools like Canva to create great infographics in minutes (you don't even need a designer). You can learn how to do it by watching tutorials online.
Here's what makes a great infographic.
- Turn into podcasts: Podcasts are becoming increasingly popular. I see bloggers like Pat Flynn, Derek Halpern, etc. doing more podcasts than text formats of content.
Use your content to turn it into podcasts and upload it to YouTube, iTunes, etc. to reach a whole new audience.
- Turn into videos: If you have an article on Belly Fat Reduction Tips on your website, you can easily make a video on the subject by sharing tips yourself. You can link back to your websites via the video description to attract more visitors from YouTube to your websites.
12. Facebook fan page
Start a fansite all about your brand and promote it. Look for ways to grow your Facebook fan base. We don't need to talk about Facebook's popularity and type of user base. Many companies can only survive with Facebook marketing.
When you have a fansite with thousands of fans, not only can you drive a lot of direct traffic from your fanpage to your website, but you can also improve your website search engine ranking and brand awareness. I've created a fansite for Blogger Passion here in case you want to check out and like my fansite.
13. Twitter profile
Create a strong presence on Twitter and share interesting articles from your website on Twitter. You should write engaging and knowledgeable tweets on Twitter. When people find your Tweets interesting, they'll click your website's links.
You should hash tagged some related tags near the end of your tweet. Using a hash tag on your tweets allows users to find your tweets while using Twitter search for topics of interest to them. You can follow Bloggers Passion on Twitter here.
14. Webinars are a great way to position yourself as an expert (and get more traffic).
A webinar is usually thought of as a live meeting that takes place over the web. You can use your own website or other platforms to host your webinars that require users to use their email to attend your webinars.
They are great for creating lists as well as increasing traffic on your websites. The webinar meeting can be a presentation, discussion, demonstration, or training that educates your audience about your blog topics (marketing, SEO, fitness, etc.).
How do you create high-converting webinars that not only increase your email subscribers but also increase website traffic and sales? Here are a few options.
Come up with a design: If you want to make your webinars successful, you need to create a solid design, especially if you're just starting out.
Try to connect with influencers and host webinars with them instead of doing solo webinars. This way you can get a lot of people to your webinars to get more subscribers and more traffic.
See how others are doing: Almost every influencer runs webinars these days. Find out how they market their webinars. Find out how they use their webinars to generate leads, traffic, and sales. That way you get a lot of information.
So what are you waiting for? If you want to increase the traffic to your websites, start analyzing your competitors now.
Small to begin : With the YouTube live option allows you to interact with your audience. To get started, you don't have to spend hundreds of dollars presenting webinars (there are so many webinar tools out there that make it easy to host and manage your webinars that will cost you money).
So when you start out, go small. Use YouTube for some traction. Once you have some traffic and confidence, you can invest in webinar tools to make hosting and managing your webinars with ease.
15. Conduct informative interviews with influencers
Let me tell you a secret. Interviewing top people or even reputable bloggers in your niche can result in massive traffic to your websites almost instantly.
And if you properly optimize these interviews with experts with the right keywords (including their name or brand), you can keep attracting traffic from search engines as people are always looking for interviews.
Just take a look at the screenshot below.
You can see above that our blog, Bloggers Passion, ranks # 1 for the keyword "Agarwal Hard Interview". You may also find that so many people actually want to read his interview. It also sends us nice traffic on that keyword on a regular basis.
So, you can use interviews to definitely drive more search engine traffic to your websites. That being said, here are some tips to have great interviews with experts who are going viral online and will help you get traffic to your websites instantly.
First, build a relationship: Before asking someone to interview you, it's important to build a strong relationship with them. Email them, leave comments, retweet their content, and do whatever it takes to make them happy.
Decide on your medium: Interviews can be conducted in any number of ways. You can use podcasts, you can do one on one, you can do video interviews, you can also do text format interviews (which we usually do at Bloggers Passion).
Ask smart questions, not stupid ones: One of the biggest mistakes most bloggers make when interviewing others is asking silly and random questions. Do a thorough research of the blogger you want to interview and read some of their previous interviews so as NOT to ask the same questions again (otherwise they will get boring).
Ask them to promote: This is a must do. Ask the bloggers to tweet or share your interviews as soon as they go live. They usually have a large audience that can be used to attract more visitors to your websites almost instantly.
And thank you either by email or in person for the interview with you. Most people don't, so it makes you unique.
16. Use Facebook ads
Below are some quick tips for getting started with Facebook ads and using them as website traffic tips to attract more qualified visitors to your website in 2019.
- Choose a target group: This is the first step once you are ready to start using Facebook Ads. Know who your primary audience is and where they live (along with their country, demographics, age, etc.) so that you can reach specific people who are interested in your website's products, content, or offers.
For example, if you are promoting products from real estate partners, there is no point in promoting older retirees over the age of 60.
- Choose a destination: Once you've chosen your target audience, you need to create a goal for yourself so that you can easily gauge your ROI from Facebook ads. As a rule of thumb, you should make your investment at least once or twice.
For example, if you are spending $ 1000 on Facebook Ads, your goal should be to make at least $ 2000-3000. Then you can scale from there!
- Choose a budget: Finally, you need to have a budget in mind before thinking about running Facebook ads. You can set either a daily or a weekly monthly Facebook ad budget. However, we recommend you get small.
You can try $ 50 and choose your audience so you know how many people are engaging with it and how many clicks you will get with that amount. Then you can increase your budget depending on the metrics.
17. Optimize your blog posts for SEO
On-page SEO is one of the most important SEO factors not to be missed if you are looking to grow your website traffic for free.
Make sure to optimize your blog posts for SEO to get more searches. So what can you do when you have no clue about on-page SEO?
On-page SEO simply means optimizing your pages (blog posts, pages, product reviews, etc.) with RELEVANT keywords (preferably long-tail keywords). To get more out of on-page search engine optimization, you need to do keyword research first.
The keyword research finds profitable and traffic generating keywords in order to bring more traffic from search engines to your websites. Here's a detailed guide to keyword research when you're just getting started.
That being said, once you are done with keyword research, you will need to use on-page SEO to start ranking for those keywords.
For that you need an easy to use tool like WordPress SEO from Yoast. It's a free plugin (also has a premium version that I use here at Bloggers Passion) to do the page optimization very quickly.
If you're still wondering about on-page SEO, here are some quick tips to get you started.
- Use your primary keyword in your title. Since the title tag is an important part, your heading also plays an important role. So, think about magnetic headlines that will attract more clicks from your audience.
- If you use images (you need to use at least one image per post), use alternate text and include your keywords in your alt tags.
- Always use your primary keywords in h2 and h3 tags in your content as this will allow you to be ranked faster for your desired keywords.
- Instead of keyword stuffing (using the same keyword over and over), use relevant keywords. You can use tools like SEMrush to build relevant keyword phrases for your primary keywords.
18. Use your email signature intelligently
We process email MANY times a day, right? In fact, we check our email inbox several times a day to make sure we're not missing anything important.
We usually receive a number of emails from others and also send a handful of replies to most of them. This is where the email signature can work like a charm.
One of the easiest ways to make your websites more visible is to use email signature. Just go to Gmail Settings and paste a link back to your websites under the Email Signature section.
It doesn't matter if you have a new blog or a blog that has already been set up. Using a link to your website from your email signature will get you more visitors.
How can it be put into practice?
Make sure you use a compelling, short, and sweet email signature. If you want to drive more traffic to your home page, use words like "Founder at [your blog name]" or if you want to get more people to read your new post, use words like, "Have my last blog post read [with link] ".
You can also create email signatures in the same way to increase your specific product sales or email subscribers. So what are you waiting for? Put it into action to get more traffic to your websites, fast.
Recommended: WiseStamp Review: Is It The Best Email Signature Maker For Your Business?
19. Focus on on-site optimization
If you've blogged for a while, you'll know the importance of getting more traffic from search engines like Google.This is where on-site optimization comes in, which makes it easy for you to rate keywords by placing them in the right places on your pages.
Pro tip: Make sure you create an AMP version of the website that can be loaded quickly on mobile devices as search from mobile phones is increasing dramatically worldwide. If you're using WordPress, you can install this plugin to make your site AMP-enabled.
Here are some places you need to include your primary keyword in order to rank well on search engines.
- Title tag
- Headings (H1, H2, H3)
- Meta description
- Create an SEO friendly url
- Image optimization (using your primary keywords in the ALT tags)
Last but not least, make sure that you use internal links on every blog post you post, as placing links to internal pages on your other website is a great way to improve your website's user and search experience .
Internal links not only make it easier for your visitors to navigate your website and find all of its content, they also ensure that your website is properly crawled so that search engines like Google can find all of your internal pages.
Internal links also help you determine the relevance of a page to relevant keywords that you are targeting.
20. Update your old blog posts
Did you know that one of the best tips for website traffic is to update your old blog posts?
Specifically, find out your top 10 or 20 blog posts that are generating a lot of traffic and update them all with the latest information and new keywords.
Do some keyword research and find LSI keywords as well as highly relevant long-tail keywords so you can add them to your old blog posts for even more traffic from search engines like Google.
While updating your old blog posts, it is always better to use a primary keyword and optimize each of your blog posts with an optimization plugin like WordPress SEO from Yoast.
21. Speed up your website
Did you know Amazon ran tests that showed that if they slowed down just a second, they'd lose $ 1.6 billion every year?
Here are some more shocking stats on website speed and load times.
- According to Akamai's 2015 Performance Matters Report, 49% of consumers expect a page to load in two seconds or less.
- Currently, only 51% of consumers "patiently" wait for a website to load, compared to 63% five years ago.
- If a site averages $ 100,000 per day in revenue, a one-second delay costs $ 2.5 million in revenue per year.
It is clear that the speed of the website is one of the most important factors that can affect or affect the success of your website.
If you still don't know how your website works or how much time your website is taking to load, here are some tools to use (which are free to use).
- Google Page Insight
- Pingdom tools (highly recommended)
What's the best way to speed up your website in 2019?
The first and most important thing to do to improve your website speed is to move to a faster hosting service. We previously hosted our Bloggers Passion website on HostGator and have faced frequent downtime and slow loading issues.
After we switched our website from HostGator to WPX hosting, the speed of the website skyrocketed. The Bloggers Passion website now loads in less than half a second (approximately 500 milliseconds). Yeah, you heard right.
So switch to a better web hosting option (we highly recommend you try WPX hosting) as the WPX cloud was recently introduced which makes your website even faster as a WPX cloud environment as internal testing of the WPX Hostings show improvements from 50% to 320% depending on the website configuration and resources.
22. Create freebies
People online love freebies. The word "FREE" is a powerful marketing term used by almost all tech giants like Facebook (you use Facebook for free), Google (free search engine), Twitter, and so on.
When used correctly, freebies can take your blog traffic to the next level. Just make sure you create highly relevant giveaways that suit your target audience.
That being said, here are some quick freebies that you can offer your website audience to help increase your overall website traffic and sales.
- Tools (plugins, themes, software, etc.)
- Physical products (make it limited be it books, audio files, pendrives and the list goes on)
23. Use the "poster boy" formula to blow up your blog traffic
Every successful marketer or product developer wants one thing to increase sales: successful customers.
Most product developers need stories about the people who successfully applied their strategies, who turned the average person into a rich man! In one sentence, they need figureheads.
Personally, I've used the same strategy to get multiple mentions from the SEMrush team, I know I'm using a good product, and I also know SEMrush is giving me good results. That's why I emailed them about it.
And what did they do? They picked up my blog post url from their website and tweeted it a couple of times, which is all good and will not only help you increase your traffic and social evidence, but also increase sales for that particular product to increase.
So the next time you use a product or service and get great results, it's a good idea to tell your stories to the product developers - they'll be happy to mention you in their email newsletters, blog posts, and social media platforms. This increases Your Social Evidence, Traffic, Links, and Sales!
VideoFruit's Bryan Harris explains this strategy in detail here.
24. Write blog posts that are data backed
Without content, you can't increase your blog traffic; and not just any content, you need to create content that your audience will want to read, share, and promote.
If you write another 500 mediocre article, nobody will read it but you! Gone are the days where you could write short 500 word articles every day to increase your blog traffic, you won't get a single visit from Google if You still do this.
The competition is huge, with over a million blog posts being shared every day. The only way to get more visitors to your blogs is to create "research-based" content.
If you're wondering how to create blog content powered by data, here are some simple tips.
Include Links: One of the biggest mistakes most bloggers make when creating content is that they only link to their own blog posts.If you are one of them, stop doing it now. The easiest way to create links is to link to other bloggers too often and make sure you link to relevant sources.
Quote other bloggers if you want and include their names while mentioning their blog posts. That way, you will grab the attention of others and sooner or later you will also develop a relationship with them by adding links to other websites. This approach is also known as the skyscraper technique.
Use screenshots: By using relevant screenshots in your blog posts, you are indirectly giving your readers a visual reward.Not only do images help your readers digest your content easily, but they also add tremendous value without taking out more words.
If you want to convey something powerful out of your blog posts, take some time to add engaging pictures or screenshots. It always works like a charm.
Extremely detailed blog posts: Write 2,000 words at the bottom to 5,000 words at the top.
Long form of content always ranks well in search engines. Take a look at the screenshot below and you will understand the importance of increasing your blog traffic by writing long-form content.
Writing detailed content will always help you with the following three things.
- Your blog audience will consider you an authority; long content always creates this impression over short articles (500 words).
- Google rewards long content.
- You can include a lot of keywords without looking like a spammer.
25. Reach other bloggers strategically
You can't create a high-traffic blog without the help of other bloggers. Networking is key to any successful website that gets high traffic.
Unfortunately, most bloggers spend a lot of time creating content but spending a lot of time networking. Don't make this mistake again.
Email contact is a powerful weapon that can be used to build close relationships with other bloggers, so always follow the win / win approach when reaching out to others.
Find out how you can help others before you seek help from them. Even a small incentive like tweeting or linking to posts can add tremendous value in building connections with other people.
QuickSprout's Neil Patel does this very well, when he started promoting some of his marketing guides, bloggers, he got over 100,000 additional visitors, that's crazy, isn't it?
Recommended reading: Blogger Outreach Strategy: Secret To Getting Links From Top Bloggers
26. Run freebies
Who doesn't like free stuff? Everyone craves free goodies, right?
Most people still don't understand the importance of giving freebies. They always work like a charm. With minimal effort, time, and money, you can get the best rewards from giveaways.
In fact, Noah Kagan built $ 2 million worth of online businesses like AppSumo and SumoMe, mostly through frequent freebies. That's the size of them. So be sure to give them a try if you want to get five times more visitors to your website quickly.
Instead of spending money on fancy giveaways, only promote the products that are relevant to the topics of your blog. That way, you'll only attract audiences rather than random people.
Action tip: Look for websites that are already showing freebies in your industry. Find out how they are promoting their freebies and what products they are giving away to their audiences to grow their websites. Reach out to the product owners and let them know that you are interested in freebies (they will either get free products or a discount) and do so regularly to grow your blog's audience.
27. Instagram is the new king
Instagram quickly became popular. It has millions of active followers and you can get more attention to your blog or content instantly by posting compelling quotes (with pictures).
If you post at least twice a day, you can get lots of likes and new followers on Instagram. Make sure to put your picture as your profile picture, write a simple bio along with the link to your websites to get more clicks from Instagram.
Another thing to keep in mind when posting on Instagram is the use of hashtags. As a rule of thumb, use 10-15 hashtags for your industry on each post to get more likes, comments, and followers for your account.
Action tip: Use shareable graphics when tweeting. Tweets with pictures always work well. And make sure to add 2-3 tags for every tweet you post to get more retweets, comments, and engagements.
28. Promote Pinterest traffic
Pinterest is another great source of traffic for bloggers. On this platform you can create and advertise images. Use links to your posts in the images to encourage visitors to visit your websites.
Use Pinterest buttons on your blog posts and add lots of great images so your audience can share your content on Pinterest.
Action tip: Create a free account on Pinterest now and use tools like Canva or Buffer to post images that are relevant to your industry.
29. Use Buffer to promote your content on social media
I love Buffer for one important reason: it has an extremely sleek and simple interface that allows you to plan, publish, and analyze your social media posts in minutes.
Buffer also has a free version that is enough to connect to multiple social media profiles like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc. You can schedule your posts in advance and know how many people will actually click your links so you can adjust your posting frequency for better results.
Action tip: If you are not already using Buffer, start it immediately. Connect all of your social media accounts and schedule the links to your blog posts in advance so they can be automatically sent at the right times throughout the day for more online visibility.
30. Create slide show presentations
Reusing your popular content is the fastest, safest way to get more traffic.
Instead of writing new posts to increase website traffic, find out what content is working well on your blog and turn it into slideshow presentations.
Action tip: Find out the 10 best posts on your blog (use Google Analytics to find out), create slideshows for everyone, and upload them to SlideShare. Use better headlines and ask your existing blogging network to promote your slideshow presentation to get more views.
31. Run seminars
Bloggers like Harsh Agrawal and Kulwant Nagi have recently been running live seminars across India. They know hosting seminars is the surefire way to build their reputation, reach more people, and increase their overall sales.
If you can find sponsors, you can also make money by running seminars. Easily collect money from each attendee and use your email lists or Facebook group to let attendees know about your seminars in a timely manner so they can book tickets.
Action tip: Connect with people who already hold live seminars in your city. Attend their seminars and try to make friends with them. Start at the beginning with free seminars. Once you get more exposure, think of different ways to monetize your seminars.
32. To be interviewed by others
I often get emails from other bloggers to see if I'm interested in doing an interview for their blog audience. I accept their requests almost every time.
The reason is simple. I get backlinks to my websites and also share my blogging knowledge with new audiences (so that I get more traffic along with the links from other websites). So, it's a great way to increase traffic, links, and awareness: get interviewed by other bloggers.
Action tip: Use your contact page smartly. Make sure to include words like "if you want to interview me, use this email id to contact" etc. People who may go through your contact us page are interested in interviewing you.
33. Use HARO
HARO (Help A Reporter) is widely used by top marketers and blogging experts to get more awareness and links from government websites like The Huffington Post, Forbes etc.
Simply put, HARO is an online service that allows journalists to quickly get feedback from the public (bloggers and marketers in particular use this strategy to tell journalists their stories so they may be picked up by the Huffington Post, CNN, etc.).
Action tip: Be sure to use this guide by Neil Patel if you want to provide more information and links from government agencies in your industry. It's actually a detailed video that explains what you need to do to get massive exposure from top websites using the HARO method.
34. Add a forum to your site
Are you looking for a fun way to add a community to your website? You should then try forums. Adding a forum to your blog or website can be a great way to spend time answering your audience questions and increasing your engagement with them.
You can use tools like bbPress, BuddyPress etc to easily add forums along with user permissions, social media integration, comments area and so on. You can also create private messages, groups, and activity streams to keep your blogging forum interesting.
Recently, Neil added a forum to his blog, QuickSprout, and Harsh Agrawal did the same by adding a forum to his blog to encourage his readers to participate in the community.
Action tip: If you want to get more engagement on your blog, adding a forum is your best bet. You can use free tools like bbPress to add a forum to your website with ease. Decide what topics you want to cover and add some basic questions. Promote it and encourage your audience to participate.
35. Find and post the websites that do weekly post roundups
In almost every industry, there are many websites that do weekly post roundups. These summaries usually build a list of posts from other blogs and are made frequently (weekly or monthly).
All you have to do is look out for these websites and add your best reviews to them. But before you post them, get in touch with these bloggers, tweet their content, leave comments on their weekly summaries to deal with so it can be easier for you to create your own blog posts for their weekly post summaries.
Action tip: Quickly search Google for the weekly summaries in your industry. Connect with these bloggers and follow them on social media. When you have great content that suits your audience, send them an email. Most people would love to link to your stuff.
My results so far:
I've followed most of these strategies and tried a few other advertising strategies to increase my blog traffic. As of now, all of the current advertising strategies I use are giving me good results in terms of traffic.
Recently, I was able to increase my blog traffic by almost 15% in just 30 days. So it boils down to one thing - you should implement what you learn. Otherwise, no matter how great the content you are reading, it won't have too much of an impact. So implement what you learn!
The 7 point checklist for increasing your overall website traffic
1. Optimize your blog for SEO
If you've blogged for a while, you already know that SEO is an ocean.
No matter how many strategies you use, there is a lot more you can do to increase your search traffic and rankings.
However, the basic optimization starts with your blog.
If your blog or website is not properly optimized for search engines or not well coded, it will be difficult for you to improve your search rankings. If you want to get rewarding results from Google, optimize your blog for SEO. As simple as that.
Here are some effective SEO strategies to properly optimize your website for better search rankings.
- Always optimize your images. Make sure your image alt tags are filled with your primary keywords and don't use messy titles as these add weight to Google Images search results as well.
- Does your website respond mobile? If not, do it now. Otherwise you'll hate yourself later. Also, make sure your website is search friendly. I strongly recommend that you try Elegant themes as they are both mobile and search engine friendly.
- Speed is important. Nobody likes slow loading sites. Here is a detailed guide to speed up your websites.
2. Perform a deep site audit
Many bloggers struggling to get more search engine traffic suffer from one reason: their website problems. The majority of bloggers don't even know that their websites are having major website or crawl related issues and because of that, they are unable to increase their website traffic. So my suggestion to you is to conduct an in-depth site scan of your sites to find and fix your problems.
How can you do a detailed site audit?
The answer is SEMrush.
It is one of the widely used SEO tools and is recommended by over 40 SEO experts. In addition to doing the site review, this tool allows you to increase your search traffic by finding highly profitable keywords.
If you're wondering how to do a site check with SEMrush, here is the simple step-by-step tutorial to help you do that.
Quick note: If you aren't already using it, there is a special link here that will allow you to try SEMrush for free for 30 days. You can keep using it if you are really satisfied with the results you get with the tool. So why not give it a try?
Now let's talk about using SEMrush to conduct site audits to find and fix your site problems for better search rankings.
Step 1: Once in the SEMrush dashboard, click the Projects tab on the left. Here you will need to enter your domain url so that your website details will be displayed.
Step 2: Now just click on the "Site Audit" function and it will show you all the errors and problems on your website. See the screenshot below for more information.
Step 3: Just fix any problems the tool shows you and you are good to go! You will soon see better results in terms of search rankings and traffic.
3. Do you want inbound links? Then start linking
Any website that receives massive traffic from search engines is successful for one reason: it gets lots of backlinks from other sources such as blogs, government websites, forums, magazines, etc.
Google gives top priority to websites with top and high quality backlinks.
Obviously, the top blogs with higher quality links for each keyword rank higher (mostly in the first page results) even if it is very competitive in search results.
That's why you and I have to work really hard to get first page results, even with low competition keywords. What's the secret here?
It's all in the backlinks. Trying to get more links from high quality sources will give you rewarding results in terms of search engine traffic from Google to your blogs or websites.
And if you're wondering how to get more inbound links to your sites without a hassle, I have a secret strategy for you.
Link your posts with other bloggers on a regular basis.
Let them know via email or social media whenever you link from your posts. That way, sooner or later you will get links from them.
I know top blogs are easy to link to, but really difficult to get inbound links from them. If you are just starting out, I would highly recommend linking to the blogs that are better than you (not top blogs).
The blogs that are a little better than you always welcome links from other blogs. If you ask them for a link when you post something relevant and useful, they'll link you back. This is called "link reciprocity". It always works like a charm.
Try it. The next time you update a new blog post, be sure to link to the other blog and let them know.
Not only will this help you get more inbound links to your blogs, but it will also help you build close relationships with other bloggers in your niche. Who doesn't like getting backlinks?
4. Never write a post without doing keyword research
Did you know the secret of big websites that have massive search engine traffic?
Yes, it's keyword research that helps most blogs get HUGE traffic from Google. And if you're struggling to increase your website traffic from search engines, it may mainly be because you don't do keyword research before writing posts.
And not just any keywords, they have to be long-tail keywords.
Long-tail keywords are easy to evaluate and can quickly increase website traffic. Here are some tips for finding great long-tail keywords.
- Always find the "Google related searches" when targeting the new keywords. They give you a lot of information about the search terms that are already ranked on Google.
- You can also use free tools like Keywordspy, Keyword Eye, Keyword Planner, etc. to find profitable long-tail keywords and double-check your searches whenever you find long-tail keywords.
- When doing keyword research, think like your target audience. Find out what they might be typing on google to find you. This will give you better keyword ideas along with the blog post ideas.
- As a rule of thumb, you should always aim for long-tail keywords with 4 or more keyword phrases. For example, "How to Get Rid of Belly Fat" may rank better than "How to Lose Fat" keyword.
For more detailed information on finding long-tail keywords, see this guide on Using Long Tail Pro.
5. Webinars are powerful
Have you seen a lot of bloggers offering webinars these days?
Webinars are widely used to get email subscribers very quickly. They convert like crazy and always give you the highest conversion rates.
Did you know that hosting webinars can also drive HUGE traffic to your websites?
Yes that's true. Online people love webinars. They are easy to consume and if you host webinars with an expert in their field they are always happy to learn and happily give you their email address.
So not only do you get traffic, but also qualified subscribers who are interested in your content.
By promoting well on social media websites, you can get your webinars better known, which in turn will help you attract more blog visitors.
Make sure to email a week before your webinars and follow up on emails until the webinar goes online. This way, you can use both platforms (social media and email list) to increase overall website traffic.
6. Start writing in-depth articles
I have been posting articles on this blog for 6 years and have seen so many ups and downs on my website.
I was also penalized by Google updates many times. Nonetheless, I successfully run a blog here that has been making money for the past five years.
Did you know what I learned about content strategies that made me survive in this post-penguin world?
It is the detailed form of the content.
For the past 2 years I have published really detailed articles of over 2,000 words (including the article you are reading now). And guess what? I was rewarded by Google for massive traffic.
Not only did my search engine traffic increase, but so did my sales and revenue by leaps and bounds. It's all because of the content that I've produced here a lot.
So if you are looking for proven ways to increase overall website traffic, I highly recommend that you write in-depth articles of 2,000+ words.
And just don't fill in words just to write detailed content. Make sure you have important information worth writing about and then you will see better results from Google.
7. What you do after a post is published is crucial
It doesn't matter how great your content is. If you don't promote your content, it won't reach a wider audience.
If you build it, they won't come. You have to go out there and get your content out there. This is how a successful blog is created. Here's what I'll do after I've published my posts at.
Social media: Facebook, Twitter, Google+ are great places to share your content. If possible, tag your friends or influencers while sharing your content on these websites to get more exposure. Also, ask people to share again and leave comments to increase their reach.
Social bookmarking sites: Digg, Stumble Upon are also great places where most people actively look for topics related to everything. It doesn't matter what your niche is, you can get some great links and awareness while sharing on these websites.
Blogging forums: Blokube, Just Retweet, Blog Engage, and Indiblogger are great platforms where you can find thousands of bloggers actively participating in blogging discussions. You can join these websites for free and easily share your content on these forums.
Here are some important questions about increasing website traffic tips for 2020.
1. How do I increase the organic traffic on my website?
One of the best tips for website traffic is to focus on increasing your organic traffic, also known as search engine traffic. Why? People who visit your website through search engines like Google are the most likely to convert as they are either looking for information or discounts on the products they want to buy online.
We highly recommend reading this beginner SEO tutorial if you want to grow organic traffic to your website quickly in 2020 and beyond.
2. How can I use social media to increase my website traffic?
There are tons of ways to use social media to increase website traffic. However, it is most effective to focus on ONE platform at a time. If you want to target young millennials, spend more time on Instagram.
If you want to target bloggers, you should probably spend time on Facebook groups. If you want to reach out to moms and marketers, Pinterest is a great place. LinkedIn can be great for collecting leads from professionals and small businesses.
3. What are the best paid sources of traffic in 2020?
Here are 3 of the top paid sources of traffic in 2020. You can use these paid sources of traffic to drive more traffic to your websites, blogs, landing pages, niche affiliate websites, online ecommerce stores, and so on.
- Facebook Ads (since it has over a billion active users and you can literally target any country you want by spending as little as $ 1)
- Quora Ads (You can advertise on Quora to reach millions of people who are already looking for answers to questions related to your business or industry.)
- Instagram Ads (To create ads on Instagram, you must first connect your account to a Facebook business page where you can use the Facebook Ad Manager. The Ad Manager allows you to create ads that will appear on both Facebook and Instagram it’s that simple)
Last but not least, you can also try paid YouTube ads as YouTube receives a lot of traffic every day. The cost per click (CPC) can go as high as $ 0.02, so we can assume it's an inexpensive source of paid website traffic.
We thought we were including Google AdWords, but for highly competitive industries like real estate, fitness, credit cards, etc. the price can go as high as $ 100 per click. Yeah, you heard right.
4. Is guest blogging still good for SEO and link building?
Yes, guest posts are not dead and still work like a charm if you focus on building a network with your guest posts. Try getting into top blogs in your niche so that you can quickly generate more traffic, leads, and sales to your website.
5. How long does it take for search to get website traffic?
Search engine traffic takes time, especially when you have a new website without a lot of backlinks from trusted sources.That being said, you can get instant traffic from Google Ads, but you have to wait at least a year to see any noticeable traffic from search engines like Google.
Browse other blogging resources:
- Why are the first 6 months of blogging the hardest?
- Top Blogging Tips and Tricks that Work Like a Charm
- Blog Comment: Top Tips to Get Lots of Comments in 2020
- Simple Steps to Reach 30,000+ Visitors / Month with Long Tail Keywords
- How to Increase Your Website Search Traffic in 2020
- Top Ways to Estimate Website Traffic
When I asked some bloggers about their biggest problems blogging, most of them said they were lacking website traffic. I know increasing website traffic can be difficult at times, but it is possible if you properly follow Google's guidelines. Make your readers a top priority and always publish content that's worth sharing.
Never forget to reach out to other bloggers in your niche as relationship building will not only help you build backlinks and increase your website traffic, but it will also help you create a better blog.
If you properly implement the traffic generation tips and strategies mentioned in this detailed guide, you will definitely be saying that you will be increasing your website traffic in no time. Just be patient as you find ways to grow your website's organic traffic over time.
What do you think of the traffic generation tips covered in this article? If you find them useful, please share them with others. You can also ask questions about website traffic in the comments section below.
- Why is Minecraft so addicting
- How much are 3 billion pennies worth
- Can I rub Neosporin on my dog?
- How secure is the WordPress login system
- Is nudity allowed on Twitter
- Telomerase inhibitors increase the lifespan
- Live streaming video games is difficult
- Is Roku or Chromecast better
- What makes you proud to be Vietnamese
- Is coconut water good for TB patients
- Better live with your grandparents
- Where can I buy auto parts
- Why does India depend on America
- What exactly are western values
- What helped you most at AFROTC
- Is it worth committing suicide
- Which is the best lounge chairs in India
- Beekeeping is a profitable business
- Are black holes made of dark matter
- What is the free BPA symbol
- Green grapes contain resveratrol
- How to get a free smartphone for free
- Elf Cosmetics is of good quality
- Where are H M clothes made
- Longer shotgun barrel increases accuracy
- What is a healthy diet 5
- What is a gifted IQ score
- Can Narendra Modi make India a superpower?
- Which is popular chess or scrabble
- Why are all autistic people considered smart
- Is geology a prestigious degree
- Why was the first smartphone invented
- What is the best political point of view
- What is the Marxist view of nationalism