What is the appeal of Sirius Black
Charis Crouch (née Black) (1919-1973) was a pure-blood witch, the third daughter of Arcturus Black and Lysandra Yaxley and sister of Callidora and Cedrella. She was married to Caspar Crouch and had three children: a son and two daughters. 
Charis could be the mother of Barty Crouch, sr. but this has not been confirmed. She is Arthur Weasley's maternal aunt through her exiled sister, Cedrella and a relative of the Weasley family and is related to the Longbottom family through her other sister Callidora.
- Based on a statement by Horace Slughorn, Charis may have been a member of the Slytherin House. However, she attended Hogwarts from circa 1930-1937 when Slughorn may not be a potions teacher.
- On the left side of the family tree, where older ancestors are shown, we can see Phoebe Black, whose face is very similar to that of Charis. The production team just reused Charis' face to save time, as they did with Elladora and Callidora.
Charis could get its name from the Greek kharisma have received what grace and charm mean. In Greek mythology there is one Charis one of Three Graces, the goddesses of beauty, nature, charm and fertility. It could also be a play on the French term for darling, chéri or cherry (English word for cherry) or cerise (French word for cherry). Charis is also a Riodinini class butterfly. The name of Charis' sister Callidora is also associated with beauty and their names possibly mean that they are very beautiful.
Notes and sources
- ↑ 1,001,011,021,031,041,051,061,071,081,091,101,111,121,131,141,151,161,171,181,191,20Black family tree
- ↑ Although it has never been confirmed that Septimus and Cedrella are Arthur's parents, this can be concluded based on Sirius Black's explanation in chap. 6 of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Book)that Arthur was "something like [his] second uncle". The Black family tree shows Cedrella as a 2nd cousin of both Orion and Walburga Black, Sirius' parents. Hence, any children she had, her great-cousins and great-great-cousins, would be her sons Sirius and Regulus. Also, almost all of Sirius' relatives can be seen on the Black family tree, as his parents were both born in the Black house, making it unlikely that he could be related to Arthur in any unrepresented form. See also an HPL essay for more information.
|The noble and very old house of the Blacks|
|Phineas Nigellus Black|
|Ursula Flint||Elladora Black|
|Isla Black||Bob Hitchens|
|Hesper Gamp||Phineas Black||Cygnus Black|
|Violetta Bulstrode||Belvina Black|
|Herbert Burke||Arcturus Black|
- What was is cousin Oliver Syndrome
- Why should I never travel to Venus
- Can bartenders make 100,000
- What are the characteristics of a great PhD student?
- What is Plato's Dialogue Meno about?
- Tea bag tea is the best
- What to do after b com
- How do I become a Freemason 1
- What is the popular Facebook Celebrity Group
- Who created iFrames and when
- Is there any dark matter in this galaxy
- What is neology
- Obesity affects career prospects
- What is the best Instagram filter
- Political whores can be profiled
- Which LED screen is good
- How much income is good in Japan
- Which is better for GDP and GNP
- Was Donald Trump hated before the presidency
- Which jobs make more money than doctors
- What are the incredibly useful business opportunities
- What's the best old tourist destination
- Will everyday running improve my life?
- Alcohol is more harmful than hard drugs