What is penile curvature
Acquired penile curvature (induratio penis plastica)
The so-called Induratio Penis Plastica (IPP) is an acquired penis deviation, which is known asfibrous scarring manifested in the penis. Because of this, penile curvature occurs, which in theacute stage painful can be. The IPP can express itself in different degrees. The acute form is characterized by pain in the penis and an increasing and decreasing curvature of the penis. The curvature of the penis itself can be so severe that normal sexual intercourse is no longer possible, or the sexual intercourse leads to pain in the partner (dyspareunia). The symptoms caused by IPP can lead toAnxiety, disorder of self-confidenceandstress to lead.
The symptoms of IPP can develop either acutely or slowly.
- Scar tissue: So-calledPlaques (hardened scar tissue) can be felt in the penis.
- Penis curvature: The penis can be bent in all directions as a result of the scarred changes. A watch glass deformity that leads to a narrowing of the penis shaft can rarely occur.
- Erection problems: Erectile function may be impaired due to IPP.
- Shortening the length of the penis: Because of the scarred curvature, the penis loses length. A 60 ° curvature is usually accompanied by a loss of 2-3 cm in penis length.
- Penis pain: These can arise at any time. However, they are typical of the acute phase of the disease.
Afteracute phase, in which there are IPP-typical changes in the penis, thechronic phase. This is through astable curvature and characterized by lower pain symptoms.
The exact cause of developing an IPP isnot clear. Microtraumas on the penis caused by sexual intercourse appear to play an important role in scarring. In some cases, however, this connection cannot be recognized and an association with diseases of the immune system can be seen as the cause.
Microtraumas alone are not solely to blame for the disease. Various factors that impair wound healing can lead to scarred changes in the tunica albuginea of the erectile tissue of the penis. These include, for example:
- Diabetes mellitus
- Inheritance: If your father or brother has IPP, your risk is increased.
- Connective tissue diseases like Dupuytren's disease and Ledderhosen's disease.
- Age-related change in connective tissue healing capacity
Depending on the severity, the following complications can arise:
- Disorder of sexual intercourse
- Erectile dysfunction
- anxiety andstress before / during sexual intercourse and about the penis image itself
- Stress for the partnership
- Fertility disorder, as undisturbed sexual intercourse can be hindered.
A detailed discussion should serve as the basis of the diagnosis. In addition, theDegree of penile curvature and their expression can be examined by means of an artificially induced erection. Asonographic examination of the penis is used to demonstrate the scarring change in the penis on the erectile tissue, which leads to penile curvature. It can also be used to clarify other vascular causes of erectile dysfunction (venous leak).
In theacute painful phase isto refrain from an operative correction, as the remodeling processes are still in progress and can change the appearance of the penis.
In the acute phase there are various approaches that do not stop the acute process, but improve the pain symptoms. For example, there have been efforts to implement shock wave therapy, iontopheresis, the injection of verapamil, collagenase, POTABA, etc. as the standard of therapy. Nowadays it is known that there is not a sufficiently well-functioning remedy to combat the acute phase of IPP.
According to theDirectives of the European Society of Urology should be aoperative therapy in the sense of a correction of the curvature only in thestable phase respectively. In this phase of the disease there is no change in the curvature and the penile pain must clearly have reversed or disappeared. This state should be achieved for at least three months before surgical therapy can be carried out.
If you suffer from acquired penile curvature and you have a desire for therapy, make an appointment in our andrology and erectile dysfunction outpatient department (Tel .: +43 (0) 1 40400 - 26230). Intensive counseling and education should take place before each therapy decision.
- How did the Roman emperor Domitian die?
- What does niche mean in digital marketing
- What is the best attraction of singapore
- How does Amazon make money
- What is more important morality or luck
- Most people are smart about Quora
- How did Quora help you 4
- Why is my dog drooling
- Would you visit a nudist beach
- How did Britain influence imperialism?
- What are the purposes of the void
- How you copyrighted poetry
- Are meteorites ever poisonous?
- Why are Thai women considered beautiful
- What is guest posting in SEO
- Why is content marketing strategy so important
- Habib Fanny is a doctor
- Is Hawaii a good place to live
- What was Ramanujan's IQ
- How many British Prime Ministers were Scottish
- Why do you hate asking questions
- 1 0 7
- What is the difference between wisdom and intelligence
- Are the Philippines a capitalist economy?