Is there a cure for pustular psoriasis
The psoriasis with the small blisters
Pustular psoriasis is characterized by sterile pus vesicles that form on the psoriasis lesions. Around five percent of all psoriasis patients suffer from this special form.
In contrast to other forms of psoriasis, pustular psoriasis cannot be proven to be a genetic predisposition in many cases.
In pustular psoriasis, fine vesicles appear: Depending on the clinical picture, only the hands and feet, the nail bed or the entire body can be affected. Smoking is considered to be a trigger for the frequent pustular palmoplantar psoriasis.
Now do the self-test in preparation for your doctor's consultation.
These two tests are a good basis for your doctor's consultation. This way you can be sure that all aspects and symptoms are discussed.
TheDermatological Quality of Life Index (DLQI)
measures the effects of psoriasis on the psyche and quality of life. These play an important role in the doctor's classification of the severity.
Are There Signs of Psoriatic Arthritis? With the
GEPARD screening you can check symptoms in the joints and make an early diagnosis
enable the doctor.
Pustular psoriasis - fine vesicles are typical
Typical symptoms of pustular psoriasis are fine blisters that form on inflamed areas of the skin, especially in large numbers on the hands and feet. The fluid-filled pustules sometimes appear instead of dandruff in this rather rare form of psoriasis. However, the dandruff is often only reduced.
There is pus in the vesicles, which is sterile. So there is no infection with pathogens.
Causes of pustular psoriasis largely unknown
As far as the causes are concerned, doctors are still puzzled: unlike other forms of psoriasis, most patients with pustular psoriasis could not find any signs of an inherited predisposition.
Overall, around five percent of all psoriasis sufferers suffer from a subtype of pustular psoriasis.
Five subtypes of pustular psoriasis
Pustular psoriasis can occur in various sub-forms, which doctors differentiate depending on the clinical picture:
- Pustular psoriasis palmoplantaris (also called Barber type) - the typical symptoms are pus vesicles that are limited to the palms of the hands and soles of the feet Newer pustules are yellowish in color, older ones are more brownish due to crust formation and desiccation. Smokers are often affected, which is why nicotine is a possible trigger.1
- Psoriasis pustulosa generalisata (Zumbusch type) - In those affected, the pustules form over a large area over the entire body. In addition, there is a severe feeling of illness, fever and joint pain. Although this form of pustular psoriasis occurs rarely, usually after the age of 40, it can be life-threatening. Treatment in a dermatology clinic is required.2
- Akrodermatitis supprativa (type Halopeau) - those affected only suffer from pustules on the extremities of their fingers and on the nail bed. If left untreated, the Halopeau type destroys the nail bed. Loss of the nail is also possible.
- Psoriasis pustulations - the pustules of this form appear in episodes on the plaques of an already existing psoriasis vulgaris. They disappear again after a few hours or days. Most of the time, local therapy is used.
- Impetigo herpetiformis - this is a variant of pustular psoriasis that only occurs in pregnant women. It usually occurs in the second half of pregnancy.3
You might also be interested in
- What is the psychology behind masochism
- Is Mimosa Hostilis legal in the US
- What is the capital of Bangkok
- How many countries are still dependent
- Where is Fear Island Alaska
- Why does nobody believe honest people
- Which WordPress theme are you using
- Have close relationships with roommates of different sexes
- How did the Roman emperor Domitian die?
- What is the square root of 0
- Why am I so pretty 2
- How does bulimia begin
- Significant numbers are important
- How should I solve physics circuits
- How is work in the fashion industry
- Shy people can get famous
- What are the best family cars
- When is beauty not beauty?
- How to say boss in Japanese
- How can I visualize data with Java
- Do you live in Orange County, CA?
- Is it 0 9 or 0 99
- What is a surgical amplifier 1
- Is Python faster than R.