How can I become a master electrician
How can I become a master after my training? The most important information!
- Requirements for the master
- How do I become a master?
- Make a master: what does it cost?
- Make master or not? Some advantages and disadvantages at a glance
- The advantages:
- The disadvantages:
Is the master worth it for me? Many trainees ask themselves this question in the course of their training. Are you also concerned with your professional future? You know how important it is to educate yourself to be competitive and to increase your chances of a secure job. If you want to stay ahead of all the technical advances and rapid changes, you can rarely avoid going to school for a certain period of time. So why not draw in full and make the master?
A master is the absolute professional in the trade and is a prerequisite in many professions for being able to become self-employed at some point. In addition, such a title also promises a higher salary. But the way there can also be quite arduous. Here with us you can find out what you have to expect during the Master's, which requirements you have to meet and which advantages and disadvantages are associated with it!
Requirements for the master
If you want to train yourself to become a master craftsman, you only have to meet one requirement: You have to have passed a journeyman's examination. This is at least true if you want to do your master's degree in the professional focus that you chose during your apprenticeship. If you are aiming for a master in another area, one no longer speaks of an in-house master. The prerequisite for a master craftsman in another professional field is several years of professional experience. Depending on the profession, this can be three or more years of professional experience, which you must prove before starting the master’s career.
How do I become a master?
The master is a further education that you can do either full-time or part-time. However, full-time would mean that you don't work during this time and consequently you don't earn any money. Then it's back to school from Monday to Friday! After about a year (and four exams taken) you will be finished. Those who do not want to forego their wages can take part-time training. This takes about two to four years, as the courses only take place in the evenings and on weekends. In total, you can expect about 1000 hours of lessons before you can call yourself a master. Attending a master's school is not compulsory, as you can theoretically study at home, but it is highly recommended.
To be able to call yourself a master, you have to pass the master’s examination. The master craftsman examination consists of four parts:
- Part 1: The professional practice
- Part 2: The technical theory
- Part 3: Economic and Legal Basics
- Part 4: Vocational and work pedagogy
After you have taken and passed each of these parts of the exam, you will be presented with the master craftsman's certificate! This is internationally recognized, so that you can also improve your professional opportunities abroad! There are master schools all over Germany: Take a look at which location you can do your master’s degree: Master schools
Make a master: what does it cost?
Between 4,000 euros and 9,000 euros, depending on the profession and industry. This includes the course fees, the material you will be working with, textbooks and much more. In addition, there are examination fees, which can amount to around 750 euros. You see, making your master is not exactly cheap. Fortunately, you can count on financial support! For example, there is the Master BAföG. In addition, people who want to become a master craftsman after completing their training receive financial support from the respective federal state in which they live.
Another option for financial support can be your training company. With your further training, you make your company a master craftsman - so you upgrade it quite a bit. In return, it is not uncommon for the company to support you financially and, for example, pay the exam fee! So if you are thinking about further training to become a master, but you are unsure about the financial burden, you can discuss this topic with your supervisor - it doesn't cost anything to ask!
Make master or not? Some advantages and disadvantages at a glance
- Advancement in the job: More responsibility or even management function possible
- Higher salary after the master
- Opportunity to become self-employed
- You upgrade your company to a master craftsman's business so that everyone benefits from it
- Your knowledge will be deepened and expanded, you will become an absolute professional in your job
- The master is time consuming
- You will face high costs
If you cannot imagine remaining a journeyman until you retire, and you are really motivated and want to learn even more about your profession, then you should do your mastery! The best thing to do is to attach it directly to your training so that you are not completely "out" and can quickly get used to an everyday life in which you attend the (master) school. In this way you ensure the best conditions for a successful professional career! Tip: You can find detailed information about the master craftsman in your profession at your responsible Chamber of Commerce and Industry!
School doesn't always go as expected. Problems with teachers, classmates, or in the family environment ...
You can choose between more than 300 apprenticeships after school. Not an easy task at all! If you are applying for an apprenticeship in healthcare ...
- Greet Australian immigrants
- How do you assign the customer journey
- Why do people want AR 15 to be banned?
- How can I sell effectively?
- What is steam turbine seal
- What makes a sport popular?
- Why is nationalism criticized
- Which jobs will pay off around the 600,000 mark
- Influences gravity magnetic fields
- What is the need for mining
- Is Roku or Chromecast better
- Has someone sued a psychopath?
- How much does a 1974 penny weigh
- What is the secret of insane productivity
- How does technology not kill creativity
- What are some recipes that use ginger
- How strong are 220 volts in watts
- How dangerous is broken asbestos
- What does my money actually mean
- What Are Some Devious Psychological Marketing Tactics
- What makes you sad and why 1
- Are the beaches of Miami safe?
- What is the rarest buffalo nickel
- What are some common misconceptions about Americans