Which companies don't do background checks?
How can I tell a company that I won't do a background check?
As others have said, your records can be erased. This would prevent a normal background check from seeing these past crimes in the first place and you wouldn't be forced to declare them. (A security clearance will be done, but that's a whole different can of worms.)
My advice is to explain out loud what happened. I did that for my crime.
When asked, include the dates, types, etc, then in the Notes section say something like "Was wrongly accused and got a bargain". Perhaps a little more professional sounding, but something a sane person would read as "not a real criminal". I mean, I probably did what I was blamed for, at least in part. I just write "Tried to go home drunk instead of driving, woke up in jail". That's all I remember
But it highlights you what's more important than in this market to be perfect , and if your previous beliefs are listed in the application, they cannot refuse you based on those beliefs. However, the opposite is true; If you don't list it on the application and then they find it in the background check, this is a reason not to hire you.
While chatting with the recruiter (whatever they are called) this came out positively and I believe the honesty has in some ways helped me achieve my current position.
Editing / summarizing responses:
I found this cute wiki link that describes the legality of hiring discrimination based on applicant's status as a felon (I am a felon).
It looks like it's a current gray area. It is used by different (US) States and courts recognize as a type of person who is discriminated against, but there is no all-encompassing federal law that specifically states that this type of discrimination is illegal. This is news to me.
I stand by my advice because anecdotally it worked for me. I've found a number of other non-authoritative links on the same topic that agree with me - basically it will be much better to be honest and take control of the situation than if the employer finds it out on their own in a background check.
- Why is your religion important to you?
- SEO is another way to make money
- What percentage of the doctoral theses are groundbreaking?
- How did CPS hurt your family
- What would you say defines a person
- Are we as happy as our ancestors
- What do the Singaporeans think of Canada
- What's your most embarrassing TSA encounter
- What is your favorite donut and why
- Which European countries grant the birthright?
- Why don't magnets lose their magnetism at some point?
- What is the amount of 1 volt
- What are the top replacement windows
- 10 carat gold is good for wedding rings
- Can be diagnosed as having bipolar disorder in teenagers
- What are the characteristics of a great PhD student?
- Can you forbid someone's IP on discord
- Indians are grateful to Queen Elizabeth II
- Woman in computer science or applied mathematics
- What is witchcraft and is it real
- What does this symbol mean 28
- Is it important to learn the English language
- What are some must read historical fictions
- Are there cameras with artificial intelligence?