What does treatment mean in medical terms
09/22/2016 - 09/24/2016 | Bielefeld
At eye level. On the importance of human dignity in medicine and healthcare
Annual conference of the Academy for Ethics in Medicine e.V.
From 22.-24. September 2016 the annual conference of the Academy for Ethics in Medicine (AEM) will take place at Bielefeld University. The topic is the importance of human dignity in medicine and healthcare.
The annual conference is organized by the Philosophy Department of Bielefeld University in cooperation with the Evangelical Hospital Bielefeld and the von Bodelschwinghschen Bethel Foundation.
Human vulnerability is omnipresent in medicine and healthcare. The body and the psyche are the subject of medical treatment. Not to lose sight of people themselves, but to meet them on an equal footing is a great challenge for those who work in the healthcare sector and an urgent concern of those who depend on medical treatment.
The question of whether human dignity is also threatened by injuries in this context is controversial in many respects in medical ethics. What about, for example, dying with dignity, deception at the bedside, compulsory treatment or embryo research, biobanks and the economization of the health care system? In addition, there is the great legal importance of human dignity, which is prominently represented in Article 1 of the Basic Law and in many other constitutions, declarations and guidelines.
In connection with the diverse topics of medical ethics, human dignity is of central importance, on the one hand because it is intended to justify certain points of view, demands or decisions. On the other hand, the concept of human dignity is met with great skepticism, either because it is considered superfluous or because it is an empty formula that is used to justify untenable positions.
At the AEM annual conference, human dignity is scrutinized by different professions, both theoretically and practically. Conflicting approaches and points of view invite you to come into conversation with one another on a topic that concerns everyone.
With this in mind, the conference program offers stimulating lectures, workshops and space for discussions as well as a theater performance on the topic of human dignity.
The 2016 annual conference of the Academy for Ethics in Medicine (AEM) is organized by the Philosophy Department of Bielefeld University (Chair for Practical Philosophy, organizational team: Gudrun Bülter, Nele Röttger, Prof. Dr. Ralf Stoecker, Dr. Almut Kristine v. Wedelstaedt ) in cooperation with the Evangelical Hospital Bielefeld and the v. Bodelschwingh Foundation Bethel.
Notes on participation:
Participation in the AEM annual conference 2016 is a further training measure and is entered with 12 points when registering professional carers.
As part of the certification of medical training by the Westfalen-Lippe Medical Association, the training measure can be credited with 6 or 3 points (category: B).
09/22/2016 from 09:30 - 09/24/2016 16:30
Lecture hall 7
Medicine, philosophy / ethics
Conference / symposium / (annual) meeting
Event is free:
URL of this event: http://idw-online.de/de/event55303
- Would you like to use a calculator?
- All American police officers carry guns
- Hates Pranab Mukherjee P Chidambaram
- Did Jesus misunderstand the golden rule?
- What is a Marriott Marquis
- Do I have an eating disorder 8
- Why create an email newsletter
- Why is number 100 considered so significant
- What are the benefits of logistic regression
- What does gravity distortion actually mean
- What do you mean by internet marketing
- How are currency reserves accumulated
- What was your deepest moment
- How are the working hours in Dubai
- Which companies make the best scented candle?
- How is matter curve spacetime 1
- What are the names of the people from Denmark
- What is the easiest method of suicide
- What does it mean to be a friend
- How do I learn ancient Greek
- What should I do after binge eating
- Will China's space program ever overtake NASA?
- Is where you are at grammatically correct
- What are your favorite discord servers