What medical term without symptoms means
Unclear physical complaints (functional body complaints)
The symptoms often improve within a few weeks, even without treatment. That is why doctors are initially reluctant to give treatments. In the case of minor complaints, they often only give tips on how to deal with the complaints in everyday life.
It is recommended
- to be physically active
- continue to participate in social life, meet friends and pursue hobbies,
- Recognizing overload and avoiding it if possible, resolving conflicts and rethinking how to deal with stress,
- to observe what helps to alleviate discomfort,
- Eating a healthy lifestyle and getting enough sleep, for example.
In certain situations, medication can also be an option. They come into question, for example, in the case of pain or gastrointestinal complaints - but usually only for a short time.
Sometimes the symptoms last longer or affect multiple organs and become a severe burden. Then psychotherapeutic support can be useful. Other approaches are also possible in certain situations. These include, for example, physiotherapy, nutritional advice and. There is also the opportunity to try relaxation methods or mindfulness training to cope better with stress.
Basically: It is more helpful to be active yourself than to concentrate on “passive” measures. The latter include, for example, massages: They are only recommended temporarily, if at all, and in addition to other methods. It makes more sense to look for activities that have a more lasting effect. This can be achieved, for example, with more exercise and stress management. This may take some effort and patience, but many get used to it quickly and feel better as a result. Sports activities should not be overwhelming, but above all be fun and offer positive experiences.
Patience is often required, especially with stubborn and stressful complaints. That's why it's often better to set small goals. Above all, it can make sense to work towards leading an active life despite the symptoms - that is, staying active, distracting yourself and initially only expecting the symptoms to subside a little.
Main contact persons for the treatment of functional physical complaints are general practitioners. Many have the additional qualification “basic psychosomatic care”. This additional qualification provides training for dealing with patients with persistent complaints. If necessary, they coordinate the treatment with specialist practices or clinics.
- What does it mean to judge someone
- Why am I so unhappy in love
- Acyclovir weakens the response of your immune system
- Can we have fruit for dinner?
- How is paper wasted the most?
- Mexico is a 2nd world country
- Abraham built the Kaaba
- Who actually supports Joe Biden
- How do you row
- What are women's arguments against feminism
- Why does the grandfather's paradox happen
- Which is the best low investment deal
- How do intelligent people recognize each other
- What is an ad impression
- How to open the heart chakra
- Why are the Chinese in Canada rich
- Why is 0 rupees and 1 rupee
- Where can I find very smart teenagers
- Who are the best gamification consultants
- What knives are used in John Wick
- What is the cube root of 512
- How is a passionate person
- Is sex really making love
- Is Bogota dangerous
- Uses Google SQL databases
- Was aluminum ever worth more than gold?
- What is the most expensive musical instrument
- Do you live in Orange County, CA?
- What is 100 us dollars in pounds
- What do you think of rainbows
- Where are H M clothes made
- How do I make sex spicier
- Hiring TCS freshmen
- How is ADHD different from narcissism