What is the weight of a gallon of propane
Are Pounds of Propane Really Pounds of Weight?
I'm looking at an 11 pound (2 1/2 gallon) capacity propane canister. The canister itself reportedly weighs 13 pounds. When this filled canister is maxed out (which you shouldn't be doing anyway), does it weigh a maximum of 24 pounds (propane and tank together)?
This is the one I was looking at.
I lifted the propane tank in the store yesterday and it felt heavier than 13 pounds but was empty. I didn't weigh it so I could be wrong, but it felt a lot heavier. Would the air make that much difference in it?
Yes, propane in pounds is measured by weight.
Answer: Propane can be measured in a number of ways. The most common route is through gallons. It can also be measured in pounds (one gallon = 4.2 pounds). When measuring in gallons, a meter on the pump is used to determine the amount of propane that has been placed in a tank. When measuring in pounds, the tare weight (empty start) of the tank must first be known.After taking this weight into account, the tank is filled with the correct volume.(i.e. a BBQ tank is commonly referred to as a 20 pound tank. This is because these tanks hold 20 pounds, or roughly 5 gallons of propane).
The simple answer to your second question is that you made a mistake in your estimate.
- Do you have electricity in Turkey
- What health problems can technology cause
- Aging time travelers hypothetically
- What makes a paradox a paradox
- What if you have binge eating every day
- When is obsession considered severe?
- What products do you sell to earn
- Why is Ezra Miller famous
- When was the 20th century
- White men meet black men
- What is grown in Hawaii
- How can I set up an email campaign
- When will Quora be published in French?
- What's wrong with a patriarchal society
- Why don't my family members understand me
- How can I get the best education
- What do Germans eat in 2015
- How many meters in half a mile
- How do I sell WordPress plugins
- Why don't they make pointy shotguns
- Mormons can play Dungeons Dragons
- Should Muslims support the pork ban in Germany
- Is lithium a carbohydrate protein or lipid
- Can stop time when space stops expanding