Can Frank be a girl's name
First name Frank
Request a free name book
A beautifully designed booklet with over 5000 names for boys and girls. Use the digital version on your smartphone and search for names.
|First name begins with||F.|
|First name ends in||K|
|Number of syllables||1|
|Hyphenation||Frank (no hyphenation)|
|Spelled according to DIN5009||Friedrich - Richard - Anton - North Pole - Merchant|
Origin and meaning of the first name Frank
|Language / roots||Old High German|
|composition||single first name: "franko" (old high German = the Franconian)|
|importance||the Franconian, the brave|
First name Frank - the brave
The boy's first name Frank, popular in Europe, comes from the Old High German name Franko, which refers to the Franconian tribe and therefore stands for "the Franconian". The first name Franko itself is derived from the Old High German word "frank", which means both "brave" and "free". Furthermore, the name Frank could also go back to the characteristic weapon of the Germanic tribe, the "Francisca". The boy's first name appears in different variations in many European countries, in Italian and Spanish as Franco, in Hungarian as Ferenc and in English as Frank and Franklin or Franklyn. The female counterpart to Frank is Franka.
Frank celebrates his name day on three days: January 24th, October 4th and December 3rd.
Variations, nicknames and famous namesake from Frank
Well-known variations of the boy's first name Frank are Franck, Frankie, Franky, Franz and Francis. Franz rarely appears as a double name, but the double names Horst-Frank and Frank-Georg are popular. Among the most popular nicknames of the given name are Franki, Frankie, Fronk, Franki and Franky. Famous namesake are the German writer Frank Schätzing, the German singer Frank Zander and the English football coach Frank Lampard.
- What are common scams in Nigeria
- Is it morally wrong to use AdBlock
- How do auto insurances detect errors
- Which country prints Ghana currency
- What is the need for love
- What exactly does talent mean
- Do major construction projects affect local weather
- What are the best hanging chairs
- What are some examples of simple parables
- How do photons travel
- How can I convert millimeters to kilograms
- How do indoor shooting ranges stop bullets?
- How to make pinwheel cookies
- How much does a Canadian nickel weigh
- Is there an animal that can cry?
- Who is your favorite person to draw with
- Are congruent random number generators chaotic
- How and where can I apply Builderall
- What are some interesting history topics
- Huggies Baby Wipes are also a disinfectant
- What are some unknown facts about aryabhata
- What is Google Page Ranking
- How do I buy Geico car insurance
- Southeast Asia is wealthy
- Unconditional love is actually love
- Why should I have coffee at Starbucks
- Why do good people suffer so much
- Why do IMO students like combinatorics
- Refugees obtain citizenship in Canada
- Ads will ruin Quora
- Queen Elizabeth II doesn't like Meghan Markle
- How did Adolf Hitler die?
- How do I open a stationery store