Cut yourself badly for your health
Even orthodox doctors appreciate the regeneration-promoting properties of onion extract, which is why it has already been included in the official guidelines for the treatment of scars.
According to the German Dermatological Society Onion extract preparations can be used for postoperative scar prophylaxis as well as during and shortly after wound healing.
In the Mediterranean region, where few dishes can do without the onion, it is rightly a symbol of happiness and health.
The onion - a talent in the kitchen
In the kitchen, the spicy onion really takes a top position. Every German consumes around seven kilograms of onions per year. Whether raw, steamed or fried: There is really hardly any other vegetable that can be used in so many ways.
The onion forms the basis of the seasoning in countless dishes, regardless of whether it is vegetable dishes, soups, stews, risottos, sauces, salads or spreads.
The onion also tastes wonderful as an antipasto - marinated in vinegar or oil, e.g. B. as pearl onion. It can also be filled and prepared in the oven.
While the yellow onions taste particularly hot, the mild red onions, cut into rings, are ideal for garnishing colorful salads, not least because of their decorative appearance.
However, there are also many dishes such as B. the onion soup, a delicious onion pie or an onion pizza, where the onion appears as the main actress.
6 tips for using onions correctly
- Tip 1: When chopping the onion, be sure to use a sharp knife, otherwise it could taste bitter - apart from the irritation to tears.
- Tip 2: Slice onions just before using them so that the aroma does not evaporate.
- Tip 3: To get rid of the onion smell on your hands, simply rub them with lemon juice.
- Tip 4: Chewing mint leaves, on the other hand, helps if there is a rendezvous after the onion meal.
- Tip 5: If onions cause gas, spices such as caraway, cumin, fennel seeds, ginger and thyme can counteract this effect.
- Tip 6: Cooked, steamed or fried onions taste sweeter than raw. This is because the onion's own sugar is released during the cooking process.
Be careful when buying onions
When shopping for stored onions, make sure that they feel firm and plump. The bowl should be clean and absolutely dry. Don't buy onions that have rotten spots. Shake the onion net: if the peel rustles, this is a sign of good drying.
If, on the other hand, the onion feels soft or already has green shoots, this is a clear indication of overlay.
When buying spring or spring onions, crisp, fresh leaves indicate freshness.
It is gratifying that onions are loud Greenpeace and the Federal Office of Consumer Protection and Food Safety (BVL) are among the foods least contaminated with pesticides - over 70 percent of the samples were absolutely free of residues.
If you want to be on the safe side, organic onions are of course preferable to those from conventional cultivation.
This is how you can store onions
Keeping your onions airy, dry, and dark can keep them for several months. However, do not wrap them in foil.
Storage onions feel most comfortable at temperatures between 1 to 2 degrees Celsius, while spring or spring onions stay fresh for four to five days in the vegetable compartment of the refrigerator (in a fresh storage box and wrapped in a damp cloth).
When onions begin to sprout, they should be eaten as soon as possible.
As you can see, the onion is a very grateful vegetable that not only tastes great, but also keeps your health on your toes.
Distance training to become a holistic nutritionist
Are you interested in what's in our food and want to know how nutrients and vital substances affect the body? Do you want a healthy life for yourself, your family and fellow human beings? Nutritionists are popular - but the holistic aspect that is needed for sustainable health is often forgotten when giving advice. At the Academy of Naturopathy, you will get to know the connections between lifestyle and diet as well as physical and psychological well-being.
That educates interested people like you in around 16 months to become a holistic nutritionist out.
Is this article worth reading?
Share this article
- "Onions", The World's Healthiest Foods, (onions)
- Michael Ravensthorpe, "Studies show that onions are fantastic natural disease fighters," Natural News, June 2014, (Studies have shown that onions are fantastic natural disease fighters)
- PF Louis, "Five research-proven reasons why onion is a powerful secret superfood", Natural News, September 2013, (Five research-proven reasons why the onion is a strong, secret superfood)
- Daniel Barker, "Grow your own onions for a sustainable supply of natural medicine", Natural News, February 2015, (Grow your own onions for a sustainable supply of natural medicine)
- Ethan Evers, "Onion extract slows colon cancer growth just as effectively as chemo drug," Natural News, March 2014,
- University of Maryland Medical Center, "Quercetin," 2015, (Quercetin)
- Dorant E et al, "Consumption of onions and a reduced risk of stomach carcinoma," Gastroenterology, January 1996, (Consumption of onions and a reduced risk of gastric cancer)
- Egert S et al, "Quercetin reduces systolic blood pressure and plasma oxidized low-density lipoprotein concentrations in overweight subjects with a high-cardiovascular disease risk phenotype: a double-blinded, placebo-controlled cross-over study," Br J Nutr, October 2009, (Quercetin Reduces Systolic Blood Pressure and Plasma Oxidized Low-Density Lipoprotein Concentrations in Obese Subjects with a High Risk Phenotype for Cardiovascular Disease: A Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Cross-Over Study)
- Galeone C et al, "Onion and garlic use and human cancer," Am J Clin Nutr, November 2006, (The use of onion and garlic and cancer in humans)
- Galeone C et al, "Onion and garlic intake and the odds of benign prostatic hyperplasia," Urology, October 2007, (The consumption of onion and garlic and the chances of benign prostatic hyperplasia)
- Derek Buckner, "Do Onions Thin Blood?", Livestrong, September 2011, (Do onions thin the blood?)
- Azeem K et al, Evaluation of Dietary Habits in the Study of Pancreatic Cancer, Klin Onkol, March 2016, (The Evaluation of Dietary Habits in a Study of Pancreatic Cancer)
- Galeone C et al, "Allium vegetable intake and risk of acute myocardial infarction in Italy", Eur J Nutr, March 2009, (The consumption of leek vegetables and the risk of acute myocardial infarction in Italy)
- Lu TM et al, "Hypocholesterolemic Efficacy of Quercetin Rich Onion Juice in Healthy Mild Hypercholesterolemic Adults: A Pilot Study," Plant Foods Hum Nutr, December 2015, (Hypocholesterolemic Efficacy of Quercetin Rich Onion Juice in Healthy, Mildly Hypercholesterolemic Adults: A Pilot Study)
- Akash MS et al, "Spice plant Allium cepa: dietary supplement for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus", Nutrition, October 2014, (The herb Allium cepa: dietary supplement for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus)
- "Onions - complex and healthy", NDR, January 2015
- Ocampo-Candiani J et al, "The prophylactic use of a topical scar gel containing extract of Allium cepae, allantoin, and heparin improves symptoms and appearance of cesarean-section scars compared with untreated scars", J Drugs Dermatol, February 2014, (Die prophylactic use of a topical scar gel containing onion extract, allantoin and heparin improves the symptoms and appearance of cesarean scars compared to the untreated scars)
- Pikua M et al, "Effect of enoxaparin and onion extract on human skin fibroblast cell line - therapeutic implications for the treatment of keloids", Pharm Biol, February 2014 (The effect of enoxaparin and onion extract on fibroblast cell lines in human skin)
- Greenpeace, "Pesticide-Free Food Buying Guide for Fruit and Vegetables", February 2012
- Lars Neumeister, "Pesticides in organically and conventionally produced foods", December 2015
- Lee JB et al, "Anti-influenza A virus effects of fructan from Welsh onion (Allium fistulosum L.)," Food Chem, October 2012, (The effects of fructans from winter onion (Allium fistulosum L.) against influenza A virus )
Notice on health issues
This information is passed to the best of my knowledge and belief. They are intended exclusively for those interested and for further training and are in no way to be understood as diagnostic or therapeutic instructions. We do not assume any liability for damages of any kind that arise directly or indirectly from the use of the information. If you suspect illness, please consult your doctor or alternative practitioner
Subscribe to Newsletter
Exciting information about health and nutrition
1x per month
Login Successful. You will shortly receive a confirmation at the specified email address.
With your registration you allow the regular sending of the newsletter and accept the data protection regulations.
HEALTH CENTER © 2021 Neosmart Consulting AG. All rights reserved.
- What is a dropshipping business
- How do you process information
- What's your most embarrassing TSA encounter
- Why aren't there more Christians called Jesus?
- The wealth front is growing internationally
- Who are Indian Gorkha
- Hitler has a gun with him
- How is poverty related to inequality?
- Why was Dumbledore planning to kill himself?
- Can you get extremely intelligent
- What is the use of HR software
- Can I rub Neosporin on my dog?
- How effective were tanks in World War I.
- What are the best apps for learning English
- What does it mean to count the pennies
- Which is greater than 25 or 50
- What foods are bad for your health
- Sells Walmart cigarettes
- Rate people as overweight
- Covers Medicare Dental
- How are the living conditions in Vietnam
- Why should I choose Aweber over MailChimp
- What are some breathtaking interview questions
- Where can I buy tables in Singapore