Narendra Modi is a vegetarian
Fast food only vegetarian, please!
NEW DELHI. India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi does not eat meat, and neither does millions of other people on the subcontinent of 1.25 billion people. About 40 percent of Indians describe themselves as vegetarians according to several surveys.
Even if this number is slowly declining: Meat eaters are still called "non-vegetarians". According to UN data, Indians eat an average of only around 5.1 kilograms of meat per capita per year, as little as almost nowhere else in the world.
The reservations about meat are so great among many Indians - especially Hindus, Buddhists and Jains - that even hamburger chains bow down.
This year, McDonald's opened a fully vegetarian restaurant in Amritsar in front of the Golden Temple because representatives of the Sikh religion did not allow meat to be eaten at their holy shrine. In the city of Kurukshetra, which is important for Hindus, all meat dishes had to give way.
If only chicken then
Otherwise, almost three quarters of the food on offer was invented especially for India, and "vegetarian and non-vegetarian products" are treated completely separately in the kitchens, McDonald's explained.
And even if it's supposed to be meat, only chicken is an option. Muslims protest against pigs because, according to the Koran, the animals are unclean, and Hindus against cattle because cows hold a special place for them.
Even in the supermarket, all products with meat ingredients have to have a brown dot on the packaging, while vegetarian products have a green dot.
The most famous Indian, independence fighter Mahatma Gandhi, was a vegetarian. He left no doubt: "We should stop killing our fellow creatures for our physical needs." (dpa)
- Are humans autonomous robots
- What poison can bring you painless death
- What is the correct use of had
- How do you answer a question creatively
- Can you forbid someone's IP on discord
- How does Guitar Center store their guitars?
- What sucks about being your age
- What is the difference between Joomla and WordPress
- What are some Gamification Business Success Stories
- Is Exodus a historical book
- Has someone blackmailed you emotionally?
- What is arterial ABI
- Where can you find cheap wedding rings
- How tough are the SAS commands
- What do you wish you would have believed
- What kind of painting is that 1
- Is C better than Python 1
- How can i build my own vps
- Where do road construction workers park
- What Australians do on Australia Day
- Why is China so sophisticated
- Why is learning in poetry important
- In the Bible, Daniel was a eunuch
- German men like Italian women
- Which book of the Bible follows Exodus
- Should video games cost that much
- What fruits do you eat every day
- What is pagination in web development
- What makes the ocean green
- Can a company become too profitable
- Is there a greater priority than family?
- How reliable are Gartner reports
- How can the Leontief paradox be solved