Which diet drinks are healthy for diabetics
Diabetes in and of itself poses a risk of dementia. In addition, diabetics like to drink diet drinks. Nonetheless, the results are so significant that even the possible connection with diabetes cannot fully or exclusively explain them.
Sweetener increases the risk of stroke
We were very surprised that diet drinks in particular led to this result, "said Pase." Previous studies showed a connection between diet drinks and an increased risk of stroke (light drinks increase the risk of stroke). However, it was not previously known that there was also a connection with dementia. "
Presumably, sweeteners influence the brain by changing the intestinal flora. Because a disturbed intestinal flora also affects the health of the brain via the intestinal-brain axis and can increase the risk of ADHD, depression, autism and even Alzheimer's or dementia, as we explain here: intestinal flora influences mental health
Dr. Pase emphasized that his team did not differentiate between the individual sweeteners.
The best solution: (vitamin) water instead of soft drinks
Dr. Sudha Seshadri, professor of neurology at the Boston University School of Medicine almost the new findings together:
There is no real reason for drinking sugared drinks. And drinking diet drinks is not an alternative either. Perhaps we should just get used to the good old water as a thirst quencher. "
This would not only reduce the risk of stroke and dementia, but also the risk of many other chronic diseases.
An alternative, however, could also be homemade so-called vitamin water. We introduce it here: vitamin water
How the intestinal flora can also worsen mental health in children can be found here: Intestinal flora and ADHD / autism
We have explained here how sugar promotes Alzheimer's disease: Sugar causes Alzheimer's disease
Distance training to become a holistic nutritionist
Are you interested in what's in our food and want to know how nutrients and vital substances affect the body? Do you want a healthy life for yourself, your family and fellow human beings? Nutritionists are popular - but the holistic aspect that is needed for sustainable health is often forgotten when giving advice. At the Academy of Naturopathy, you will get to know the connections between lifestyle and diet as well as physical and psychological well-being.
That educates interested people like you in around 16 months to become a holistic nutritionist out.
Is this article worth reading?
Share this article
- Matthew P. Pase et al. Sugar- and Artificially Sweetened Beverages and the Risks of Incident Stroke and Dementia: A Prospective Cohort Study.Stroke, April 2017, (Sweetened and sweetened beverages and the risk of stroke and dementia: a prospective cohort study)
- Matthew P. Pase et al., Sugary beverage intake and preclinical Alzheimer's disease in the community.Alzheimer's & amp; Dementia, Mar 2017, (Sugared Beverage Intake and Preclinical Alzheimer's Disease in Society)
- Boston University. Is soda bad for your brain? (And is diet soda worse?): Both sugary, diet drinks correlated with accelerated brain aging, ScienceDaily, April 20, 2017, (Is lemonade bad for your brain? (And is diet soda worse?): Both sugary and sweetened Drinks have been linked to accelerated brain aging)
Notice on health issues
This information is passed to the best of my knowledge and belief. They are intended exclusively for those interested and for further training and are in no way to be understood as diagnostic or therapeutic instructions. We do not assume any liability for damages of any kind that arise directly or indirectly from the use of the information. If you suspect illness, please consult your doctor or alternative practitioner
Subscribe to Newsletter
Exciting information about health and nutrition
1x per month
Login Successful. You will shortly receive a confirmation at the specified email address.
With your registration you allow the regular sending of the newsletter and accept the data protection regulations.
HEALTH CENTER © 2021 Neosmart Consulting AG. All rights reserved.
- Where can I get legal advice for startups
- Supports Squarespace Wordpress
- How can you imagine Quora answers
- Where are workstations used?
- Faith in God is a blessing
- How do I get orders in Fiverr
- Can airport scanners detect alcohol?
- What are some examples of Clerihew poems
- Have you ever represented yourself in court?
- What is an IVC filter
- Are you spiritual or religious
- Is 2 plus 2 always 4
- Why did I stop craving unhealthy food
- How are photographers paid
- Why do we think something
- What are the myths about intellectual property
- Why does Quora have blogs
- What is anaerobic breathing in yeast
- How is polyuria due to diabetes treated
- How can I improve my TOEFL speaking?
- Could have survived the Western Roman Empire
- What is SWD Physiotherapy
- How are church bells made these days
- Where can I buy auto parts