Which country is better Iran or Iraq
Hanisauland: Lexicon @todo: from Preprocess
- Official name:
- Republic of Iraq
- Iraqi dinar
- other languages are Aramaic, South Kurdish, North Kurdish, Turkmen and Armenian, (Central) Kurdish, Arabic
- 39.5 million
Iraq is located on the Arabian Peninsula. Neighboring countries are Turkey, Iran, Syria, Jordan, Kuwait and Saudi Arabia. Large parts of the country are dry and consist of desert. Fertile soils are found mainly along the Euphrates and Tigris rivers. The summer in Iraq is very hot with temperatures of over 50 ° C, in winter there is occasional frost in high-altitude regions. Around a fifth of the approximately 38 million Iraqis live in the capital, Baghdad.
Democracy under pressure
Iraq is officially a parliamentary republic and a democratic state. The political situation is very difficult because there are many different groups fighting each other. There have been fierce wars in the country over and over again over the past thirty years. From 2014 the terrorist group "Islamic State" (IS) spread fear and horror. It wanted to seize power with great brutality and found its own state. Today IS is defeated, but there are still small groups of fighters who are one pose a constant threat to peace in the country.
Young population and many religions
Arabs and Kurds as well as some ethnic minorities make up the population. With an average of around 20 years, the population is very young. More than 95 percent of the population are Muslims, including around 60 percent Shiites and 35 percent Sunnis. Supporters of various Christian churches, some religious minorities and a few Jews also live in Iraq. The majority of the population lives in cities.
Oil wealth and great poverty
The extraction of oil and the trade in this raw material are of paramount importance to the economy of Iraq. However, the country can only benefit to a limited extent from the rich mineral resources because the security situation in the country is so problematic. Most people work in agriculture. There are major challenges in improving health care for people. The supply of electricity and water must also improve. More than half of Iraqis live below the poverty line. Many children have to work and cannot go to school.
The "cradle of civilization"
The rivers Euphrates and Tigris were already described in the Bible and gave the region the name Mesopotamia (Mesopotamia). This is where the first so-called advanced civilizations arose around 4000 years before Christ. Iraq is therefore often referred to as the “cradle of civilization”. Today one can still find evidence of this long history in many places. Unfortunately, as a result of the uncertain situation in the country, Iraq is currently not an attractive destination for most travelers. Many cultural treasures were destroyed during the brief period of IS rule.
- How to find friends with benefits
- People don't use Facebook anymore
- Why does Canada have a constitutional monarchy
- What are affiliate ads
- Who will overtake Instagram
- What characteristics of e-commerce in China
- What is 22 carat gold
- What's your rating of Simplilearn
- Have you seen anyone with PTSD?
- How do I report Quora
- What was the first film ever
- What is the longest unsolved mystery in aviation?
- What makes an advertising network successful
- Space-time is a field
- What are Joe Lonsdale's favorite books 1
- How do I sign out of Quora blogs
- Why is Myanmar against Rohingya
- What is fuck you money
- How many words are there in Hindi?
- Why is New Zealand called New Zealand
- How is depression symbolized in art
- Why should companies promote innovation?
- Why are psychopaths more likely to kill
- What is Randomized PCA