What is the organizational structure of Teslas
Tesla: Innovation yes, organization no
6000 people work for the electric car manufacturer in Fremont. There is parking space for 4500. A nightmare.
The cars are parked all over the place, half in the gravel bed, half on the curb, they have deep dents and scratches. The nerves are obviously on fire with many employees of the American electric car manufacturer Tesla. "Next time you will get the tires slashed," says a piece of paper hanging on the windshield of a car whose owner has parked incorrectly. Some angry colleagues wrote him the bad news.
Tesla relies on electric drives, elegant design and cars that get to their destination without a driver. But the innovative company has a very banal problem: There are too few parking spaces on the company premises. Both at the headquarters in Palo Alto, California, and at the Fremont site, employees struggle day in and day out to be able to park their car somewhere. One of them documents the horror on the Instagram Internet platform and uploads the worst photos of the two parking lots.
Tesla has hired many new employees in recent years, but has barely expanded its parking spaces. So it happens that 6,000 employees are fighting over 4,500 parking spaces in Fremont alone. The fact that all employees are never on the premises at the same time due to shift work hardly defuses the situation. In order to get a good parking space, some employees come hours before work and take a nap in the car, a former Tesla employee told the Wall Street Journal.
The parking lot situation is one of his biggest nightmares, says Tesla boss Musk
In Germany, too, there are companies with a parking space shortage, for example the car company Daimler. Especially after ten o'clock you can look for a parking space for a long time, says Arno Frietsch, works council at the Stuttgart headquarters. But it is not as dramatic as in California. "The situation is easing because 800 new parking spaces are being created," says Frietsch. Some companies do not provide employees with parking spaces at all. They are not obliged to do so anyway. If workers switch to supermarket parking spaces or park their cars in nearby residential areas, they in turn face trouble with dealers and local residents. As a preventive measure, many German corporations are offering their employees discounted tickets for local public transport.
And even at Tesla you don't want to watch any longer. The parking lot situation in the company is one of his "biggest nightmares," Tesla boss Elon Musk is said to have recently said. For some time now, he has been using shuttle buses to bring some of the employees to work, and the company also increasingly wants its employees to come to work by bike. So far, however, the two-wheeler parking space at Tesla does not seem to be particularly generous.
Found a bug? Report it now.
This article was automatically imported from our old editorial system to our new website. If you come across display errors, we ask for your understanding and a hint: [email protected]
- This gaming pc is well built
- How do I get Arabic channels
- Frankincense is toxic to cats
- What is a bachelor's degree
- Which cryptocurrencies do you use
- What is the free BPA symbol
- How do I sneak food
- How was your travel experience in China
- Eats garlic bad for vegetarians
- What platforms will death be stranded on?
- Can a witness be prosecuted?
- How much does a crore cost
- What makes a person boring
- What's your rating of Robinhood Brokerage
- How do you sell guns
- How will the North Korean dictatorship end?
- What is exponential distribution
- Skin cancer is contagious
- What is 59 45
- How will affiliate marketing develop?
- Observes NASA extraterrestrials
- How powerful was Nazi Germany
- What are deficiency diseases
- Will PC gaming die out before the console
- What is 20 2 18 6
- Constipation is a serious illness
- How do I become Model 2
- Most overweight people have diabetes
- Would you go canoeing without a life jacket
- Why are conservative views racist and xenophobic
- How to thicken alfredo sauce
- Pakistan is already sold to China
- Why do you love Jabalpur
- Why is religious freedom not absolute?