Can Borderline Personality Disorder be cured
Borderline is a serious psychological personality disorder. The right therapy helps those affected a lot. Whether the treatment leads to borderline being completely curable also depends on the personal circumstances and the severity of the disease. In principle, there are various psychotherapeutic methods for treating borderlines. In addition, some psychiatrists also give medication to help those affected against the symptoms. Three forms of psychotherapy that have been shown to be particularly effectiveto treat borderline with it are:
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Schema-focused cognitive therapy / schema therapy (SFT)
- Transfer Focused Therapy (TFP)
During treatment, therapists first try to clarify which symptoms the patient has. If he is suicidal (colloquially tired of life) or self-harming, this has the highest priority. Thereafter, the therapist devotes himself to behaviors that damage the relationship with the therapist or the therapy itself. Once that is done, he will deal with the issues that bother the borderline sufferer the most in life. The focus is on helping the patient to better regulate their emotions.
In the dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT) The psychotherapist combines approaches from behavior therapy, cognitive therapy, gestalt and hypnotherapy and from Zen philosophy. On the one hand, patients learn what borderline actually is. At the same time, the therapist teaches them skills to help them recognize and prevent undesirable behavior. The DBT takes place in individual and group sessions. According to the current study situation, the effectiveness for DBT has been best documented.
The Schema Therapy (SFT) is based on the assumption that childhood experiences caused certain schemas that are now the cause of borderline disorder. At first, the sick person is not aware of them and they are difficult to access. The therapist tries to change these schemes in SFT.
The Transfer Focused Therapy (TFP) works to improve the differentiation between subject and object in those affected. The cause of borderline illness, according to the assumption of this form of therapy, lies in the reactions of the object (the person suffering from borderline illness) to the subject (the partner, the girlfriend, family). The patient should transfer this disturbed relationship to the therapist, then both work on it.
Medication play only a subordinate role in the treatment of borderlines. They cannot help those affected on their own. However, some psychiatrists use them as support, for example to stabilize the mood. Or they use it to treat mental illnesses that exist alongside the borderline disorder, such as anxiety disorders or depression.
- Emperor Emmanuel Church is a dangerous cult
- When did human history begin?
- What are the best online business ideas
- What are dropshipping products
- How effective are Facebook paid ads
- Do we really need someone to love?
- What are your reviews about CRED app
- Why does India depend on America
- What British traditions need to end
- Can black holes create a new universe
- How can I improve my TOEFL speaking?
- What is a trackback
- What is an inexplicable love
- What do old people not eat
- When is Mercury visible?
- Why is the differentiation of sinx cosx
- Is President Trump hateful
- How do you rewrite a sentence correctly?
- What makes the question worth asking
- How does a passionate love begin
- Telomerase inhibitors increase the lifespan
- Can someone die from an alprazolam overdose
- Is diabetes curable
- What's in sugar?