What does the graphics card memory do
From Full HD to UHD: That's how much graphics memory you need
The graphics memory or video RAM (VRAM) is one of the most important technical specifications of a graphics card. However, similar to the GPU clock or the shader units, it is often not clear what the information actually means.
In fact, the functionality of the VRAM does not differ fundamentally from the main memory (RAM, Random Access Memory) of a computer. The VRAM is integrated directly into the graphics card, stores relevant data and makes them available to the GPU. Much faster RAM types are used than with PC-RAM - for example GDDR6, GDDR5 (X) or HBM2. However, not every graphics setting also requires a lot of VRAM. However, the following features are particularly memory-hungry: the selected resolution, the texture quality, the LOD distance (level of detail) and certain anti-aliasing techniques such as TXAA or MSAA.
The resolution is one of the most important factors: If you play in HD (1280 x 720 pixels), you only need two gigabytes of VRAM. With Full-HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) you need at least four gigabytes. If you want to play in WQHD, you should buy a model with six to eight gigabytes. And in the supreme discipline, gaming in Ultra HD (3840 x 2160 pixels), eight to twelve gigabytes of VRAM are recommended. The information relates to new games and maximum details. In fact, most games can be played with four gigabytes of memory, but this size is no longer really future-proof. If you want to buy a graphics card now, ideally you should choose a model with at least six gigabytes of VRAM and memory types GDDR5 or HBM. With eight gigabytes, you are on the safe side even longer.
Tip:Graphics Card Drivers & Tools: How to Improve Video and Game Settings
- Why didn't anyone copy SpaceX?
- How is fish different from other meat?
- Money is very important in life
- Why do people dislike overweight people
- What are some traditional Chinese recipes
- Why do films influence me so much
- How do I get rid of diabetes
- What's your rating of Chongqing China
- What period of time followed the dark age
- What is an Affiliate Marketing Strategy
- Why do we need a border wall
- What is Document Text Mining
- The police in America couldn't bear guns
- What happened to the golden rule
- What is friendship with your friends
- Is Saudi Arabia on the way to economic collapse
- What does beautiful English handwriting look like?
- What does gear mean in yacht racing
- What is the former name of Myanmar
- How do people with bipolar disorder think
- How many fees are there on GB Road?
- How do dried cucumbers taste
- Sleep deprivation can lead to shortness of breath
- Why was Uber banned in Germany
- Where did the British fight during WWII?
- Should marijuana be legalized in the UK
- What government APIs are available
- What do you think is education
- How do television commercials benefit from money
- How do I explain the Hive architecture
- Refugees obtain citizenship in Canada
- Why should we buy Indian goods
- Can a non-Muslim kiss a Muslim
- Like black American men, Ghanaian women