How was your first job
First day at work: 10 mistakes you should definitely avoid
Mistake 6: Everyone is on the same page
When you start your job, you may be the youngest employee in the company. That is why it is not your place to say goodbye to your new colleagues or even the boss. As a rule, however, you will be explained to you during the interview what the internal rule regarding duzen or siezen is. Until that is clarified, you should first use the more formal variant, the you-form.
Mistake 7: showing no interest
Do you find out about the company, the industry, the competition in advance and still ask questions? Exactly right like that! When your new work colleagues tell you about their responsibilities, show interest. Nobody wants to have someone on the team who is not interested in what they do.
Mistake 8: Spreading out in the workplace
Even if it's difficult, don't bring your collection of surprise egg toys and a picture of your hamster to the office on the first day. Take a look around what the rest of the desks look like and only then decide. Make an effort to exude a little professionalism.
Mistake 9: taking too many breaks
When you're not busy, don't sit down listless and bored. It can be helpful to look over the shoulder of others to learn. Read company-internal or industry-related literature or ask if there are tasks for you.
Error 10: Making calls and using the cell phone
It is not welcomed if you keep looking at your cell phone right from the start and keep typing messages. This also applies to phone calls. So if Grandma calls again: postpone it until later.
If you heed these tips to prevent mistakes when starting your career, your important first day at work will be a success and you'll have sympathy on your side in your job. We wish good luck!
- Is age important to meet someone
- How does sex feel
- How do I delete my blogger account
- Why is learning so important in life
- A passport is required for Kailash Mansarovar Yatra
- What do entrepreneurs do after they fail
- Why can geostationary satellites stand still?
- How does Visual Analytics compare to Tableau
- How are cubes made
- Which country pays aerospace engineers the most?
- Hiring TCS freshmen
- Why shouldn't I buy a Samsung?
- How does technology not kill creativity
- How did the Romans conquer Lusitania
- What if I hate my teacher
- One shot can damage your hearing
- Is the learning good for the students?
- What makes me so unhappy inside
- Takes time time
- How is country life
- Why do teachers punish for stupid reasons
- What unofficial languages are spoken in Singapore
- What is Starbucks' target audience
- In the Bible, Daniel was a eunuch
- What makes someone a good surveyor?
- What is passion and bravery
- How can people end corruption in Mexico
- 23andMe is a government sponsored DNA database
- Which processor is best for mobile games
- Are Dyson vacuums really better
- How are we going to be smart in marketing
- What is the best school in Anantapur
- How certain foods cause cancer