How do I play well in Scrabble
Scrabble tricks are known to anyone who regularly plays Scrabble. Each player has their own strategies and Scrabble tricks and tips in store to get a lot of points. Beginners and professionals alike depend on these tricks to develop as a player. I have picked up a few Scrabble tricks for beginners from the net for you.
Scrabble Tricks: Lengthening Words
A very simple Scrabble trick that is easy to implement for every player from beginner to professional: Extends the words that are already on the board. Prefixes such as aus-, an-, be-, zu- etc. can be easily attached to words already on the board. That's exactly how it works Suffixes like -en, -end, -er, -te etc. Also compound words get a lot of points - after all, there are two or more words at once. So if you can put your word on another, you have been given points, so to speak. If that doesn't work, make sure that you can at least extend an existing word with one of your letters. For example, if you put a word vertically that contains an S, the S can turn a horizontal word in the singular into a plural.
Tip 2: Use the game board
It sounds like old wisdom, but this Scrabble trick is an important part of any Scrabble game. Use the board as best you can. If you add one letter of your new word to another as described above, try it on a bonus field to lay. So you can get double or triple the number of points twice and get up and away. Of course, it works just as well if you can occupy two bonus fields in one go, for example double word score and double letter score. Along with this, you should of course always think about what you leave your opponent on the field. Placing an E at the end of a word just before a bonus field may not be a good idea.
3. Move your stones
If you've been staring at your letters for a long time without success, change something. Mixing up regularly gives you new perspectives, and if that doesn't help either, exchange your stones. In rounds in which you wait for good letters and score few points, your opponents can easily leave you behind. Usable stones such as E, N, I or S, with which you can form past tenses or the plural or which often occur in prefixes and suffixes, you should better keep.
4. Know and place unusual words
Even if you only have consonants or only vowels in front of you, take a close look at the playing field. There are enough words that have many consonants or many vowels, and maybe there is exactly the letter on the board that you need for one of those words. In moments like these, our Scrabble Help is sure to help.
A rather demanding Scrabble trick for beginners is to Memorize words. Words with unusual letters like Q, X, C and Z give you a lot of points. If you then place them on as many fields as possible with extra points, you will of course also receive a particularly large number of points. You can also use our word lists for this. There are also words that only consist of two letters and can still score many points. Therefore, it is not only worthwhile to have a few of these words ready for the professional Scrabble player. Two letter words By the way, they are particularly good when you can put a word parallel to an existing word. This is how you score points horizontally with a single word, but at the same time you have several words made of two letters vertically.
5. Never let the goal out of sight
Shortly before the end of the game, there is another trick that a budding professional scrabbler should learn: Make a note of the number of copies of each letter. When the bag is empty, you can find out which letters your opponent has on his bench by combining the letters on the playing field and the letters on your bench. Accordingly, you can block him from berthing, which brings your opponent a lot of minus points, especially with Q or Y.
These are just a few of the Scrabble tricks and tips that can help you play. The biggest thing that helps best in the long term is of course practice, practice, and practice again. Because if you rarely play, you quickly forget what you have learned.
Do you know any other helpful tips that you would like to share with us?
- What is learned from immunology
- Knew ancient Rome of Japan
- How do we calculate angstroem in centimeters
- What is the input of cellular respiration
- Which country does the Caucasian breed come from
- When to say thank you, but not positively
- What are some examples of virulent diseases
- What is ghostwriting 1
- What is more powerful than love
- Can you trust someone who doesn't trust anyone
- Why don't you write answers often
- Can someone share their PMRF interview experience
- What are some expensive cars
- Who is the richest person in Panama
- Why do we doubt others
- Most Britons are afraid of guns
- Why does Chernobyl remain uninhabitable
- How to translate farewell into Portuguese
- Why didn't Bellatrix make a Horcrux
- Why do scorpions get a bad rap?
- Is it possible that Jesus killed himself?
- Who invented the boats
- What are the sizes of liquor bottles
- What makes an ugly girl look beautiful
- How are flower plants pollinated
- Cricket is a very unpopular game
- Do animals have sex for pleasure
- What districts in NYC are they named after
- Have you seen anyone with PTSD?
- How many grams does a teaspoon contain
- What keeps people from finding their passion
- ADHD can worsen in adults if left untreated
- Lagos Nigeria has a good airport
- Is Cashify worth selling used equipment